Used 272 L&K within pence of Sportline+ what gives?

18 hours ago, Bud said:

I considered the 280 when I bought mine, 220 but could't really justify the extra £4k.  The rest of the L&K package is brilliant, things I thought about and I could have added but didn't; pano sunroof, reversing camera, ventilated seats.  All a premium that I could do without. The only thing I would really have liked that I couldn't get was the better choice of colours, DG would have been my first choice.

That said as the 220 is no longer available then I would probably end up with a 272, I couldn't drive a tractor with all that noise:worried:

I find my 190 TDI super quiet. Not sure what noise are you talking about. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, john999boy said:

That’s most odd as my Dec 2017 L&K (with optioned ventilated seats) does have a memory passenger seat! :nod:

Strange indeed. My June 2017 model doesn't have the memory function on the passenger side. I can't believe I've owned the car for two years and never noticed!

• Administrators

Yeah it's this or two sportlines for the same cash... Just newer. This was sold pending finance approval though 🙃

My best insider deal is still above these prices and none of the ones I've called will budge on price. Maybe I'm asking the wrong questions.

Need to hire one of those car buyers.

But, a part of me thinks they are fair prices.

Like tech, once you buy never look back, there will a better version at a lower price next week, and the week after...

Decision day tomorrow though I think...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ColinD said:

Yeah it's this or two sportlines for the same cash... Just newer. This was sold pending finance approval though 🙃

My best insider deal is still above these prices and none of the ones I've called will budge on price. Maybe I'm asking the wrong questions.

Need to hire one of those car buyers.

But, a part of me thinks they are fair prices.

Like tech, once you buy never look back, there will a better version at a lower price next week, and the week after...

Hurry up the suspense is killing me Im so impatient.:tongueout:

9 minutes ago, ColinD said:

The best time to make the decision is towards the end of a quarter when targets need to be hit.

You've got a while to get to that position - not too helpful if the car has been sold earlier though!

Edited by john999boy
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, john999boy said:

The best time to make the decision is towards the end of a quarter when targets need to be hit.

You've got a while to get to that position - not too helpful if the car has been sold earlier though!

Do you think Colin has the patience to wait until the end of September? Remember he is your BOSS.:devil:

• Administrators

Personally, I wasn't considering a Superb until I found out about the Sportline. L&K was all I had seen before it and it just wasn't doing it for me. Too much seriousness for an already "serious looking" car, not yet after such a mature looking car and I doubt I'll ever will, I like my subtle sport elements to be there, especially on a 300bhp AWD car and it surely is much more than just the sports seats (which are by the way extremely comfortable, don't let those "bucket looks" of them fool you). So, needless to say which one I'd go for between a similarly specced L&K and Sportline.

But since it's not the case here and you seem to be fine with both trims (but is it? I still feel most people would easily find the Sportline more attractive visually) it's merely a matter of options/price/age combo. More options that I would not use/care about don't necessarily represent more value. You'll only make a fragment out of them when selling up (compared to their original cost) so I wouldn't pick a car based on the number of total options if it wasn't the one I really liked.

My 2p: If you don't plan/want to spend time and money on an aftermarket suspension, absolutely go for DCC. Practically everyone on standard suspension is criticizing it as not firm enough which would prove an issue for your twisty road use. It's even un-sure if L&K Sport is as good as Sportline Sport (referring to the dampening algorithms dialed in from factory), wasn't clear last time I was following related threads. I can vouch for Sportline's DCC Sport though. Not to say it can't be improved but it does a surprisingly decent job, better than anyone in my close environment (myself included) expected from a non genuinely sporty car beforehand.

Sunroof: Nice but I don't miss it, but then again I know people that wouldn't drive a car without one.|
VC: Absolutely love it. Big difference imo in the feeling you get from the car with and without it, consider that you're basically interacting with it more than with any other instrument. Analogue dials on this car are horrendous.
Canton: Sure if you love your music, sounds like you could leave without it. 

PS. Between the ones in your links:

The red Sportline looks awesome and the one my eye would pick first, but no VC kills it for me and it's a real PITA to retro-fit if changing your mind later on. Also, I just could not live with such a hero colour, too much attention and all, it's the colour I love to stare at, but worry too much to own, if that makes sense? :blink:

White Sportline is lovely, driver's seat already looks in a different class in my eyes simply due to the dash but if no DCC prepare for some compromise around bends (same for red Sportline ofc, not sure if that has it)

Red estate, well, it's a nice and practical estate but not a match (visually) for the other two, no?   Like every other Superb owner before me, I'm of-course completely un-biased :D

Edited by newbie69
  • Like 2

The white sportline with OMG plate is what you need 😛

seriously though, they all look good. I second what @newbie69 said regarding DCC. Get it if you can. Sportline has lowered suspension from factory and awesome alcantara seats. The L&K is an estate so you can move house with it if you want... 

• Administrators

Pretty much as you have both surmised .The white one does not have dcc does have a nice cabin. The red one has the same cabin sans the virtual cockpit and canton, but does have dcc.

That is the only difference between them.

I am prepared in time to modify the suspension, after a rear ARB ifn eeds be ( they might be ). I had a 170pd 4x4 elegance mkII unmodified and that was fine for me on many a b road. Drive the car to the conditions and all that.

The audio in the white seemed ok enough, for me, I'm tone and audio challenged. SWMBO isn't but it's not her car ;)

The white one is edging it on cabin alone, after all it's what you see and I do think, maybe being sucked along, that the VC adds something. Once I've figured out what it can show and not.

The red one, ... has a bit of alpha to my eyes. For me both colours work, black 18/17's team dynamics or similar lighter wheels one day.  When the balance recovers ;) I never ever thought this day would come...

Dam reading this forum is expensive ;)

The dark horse, not linked, is a 45k miler for 20k L&K... that as mentioned before leaves 10k for tweaks, servicing etc... Going to have to find the oldest krona coin I can and flip it till it says what I want :D

12 minutes ago, KeteCantek said:

The white sportline with OMG plate is what you need 😛

seriously though, they all look good. I second what @newbie69 said regarding DCC. Get it if you can. Sportline has lowered suspension from factory and awesome alcantara seats. The L&K is an estate so you can move house with it if you want... 

I did chuckle when I saw the Oh My God plate.:)

• Like 1

@ColinD I think I know which 2016 L&K you are looking at. Quite a nice colour that suits it. Be quick before I buy it! Just kidding... 

The non DCC sportline isn't uncomfortable by all means and if you are prepared to mod the suspension one day presumably for a stiffer set up, then non DCC car is alright. If you have the modding bug, I reckon a more used 16 model with 10k savings will go a long way in scratching that itch. 

Btw, if you like sideway g forces, the sportline seats will do a better job keeping you centered. We are trying to help you here but I think it is just making your life harder :D

• Administrators

No I just have a huge problem spending money :D

Should see me in a coffeeshop.

The 20k on is the black one at simpons, they have 2, unless more crept in over the weekend :D I guess it should be about now we'll see the three year leases ones appearing.

I agree SP+ suspension, it's seems perfectly fine; albeit a 30min urban drive,  I cannot imagine it's a backward step to anything I've had in the last 30years. Mabye to my dad's Citroen XM, which is the last one I can think of we owned which had fancy suspension...  that really did make a uneven road surface smooth.

I'm hunting today for something with DCC, I'm going to drive it and then I'll know. Except I won't because you can't discover this stuff on 10mins round the block tests. I need weeks to 'learn' my car, given it's mine and not a race team.

White dealer opens at 11 for the deposit call. I'm being sucked in :D

Edited by ColinD

Buy the car in December when everybody else is spending on Christmas and the dealers are a bit desperate to make a sale. I got my loaded ex-demo Sportline with 1,700 miles on it for £25.5K.

• Like 1

No surprise here red estate for me lol ! Just prefer the estate look to the hatch. Just to add my 2p about standard suspension. I’m coming from Cobras, Tvr and Westfields and I find the standard suspension fine. Yes it might roll a little more but it will still go round the corners plenty fast enough ...

Edited by Nick_H
  • Thanks 1

DCC is definitely an improvement IMHO. I had a Superb MK2 Elegance, the suspension were confortable but most of the time, when I rolled on speed bumps, I disliked the strong oscillations in pitch axis. Now with DCC on the MK3 I can tune it as I want. Especially with the individual mode. Most of the time I use the Normal mode, but when I see a big speed bump or a tight turn, I switch to Individual or Sport mode to avoid/reduce pitching or rolling effect.

On the contrary, with a TSI 280 in Sportline, I assume you don't drive with revometer in the red zone all the time , thus being able to use the Normal  or Comfort mode could be nice, especially on long trips.

At the very beginning with my MK3, I remember that I had forgotten to switch from Individual mode (set with sport suspension) to normal or comfort mode for a 600km trip. My wife and I were surprised that we felt more tired than with the MK2 on the same trip . I was quite disappointed and was almost regretting my MK2's comfort 😕. When I finally correctly connected my few neurons 😋, I remembered the Individual mode setting, I switched to Normal and the back trip was really pleasant. Disappointment flew away...

To me DCC is a "Must Have", whatever L&K or Sportline!

• Like 2

Ive just bought a 68 plate 272 estate in Black Magic, it had done 9k, and cost me 26k with sweet talks ha.

Mines a standard Sportline, with no DCC, or the added gadgets of an L&K, but i found it incredibly hard to find an estate in the top spec, my dealer told me it was incredibly rare, So i bought it haha.

To be honest i love the car, and i dont miss the added the features an L&K brings, if anything its less to go wrong. Not having the DCC for me is not that much of a biggie, as i will mod it in due course, and the standard setup is more than adequate when you push through the twisties. Also the sportline is still a little lower than the standard models.

I did look at a Red estate, that was near me........im based in Notts, so im guessing it was the one linked on here, but when i went to view, it was pending sale, and had a deposit on it, so i had to go buy the black one.

I did not want a black car, but when i seen it parked up in the sun, it looked amazing!..............deal done lol

Id also recommend Rainworth at Mansfield, Simon was great to deal with.

Vin

66860828_1275546572600858_5528051393069318144_n.jpg

• Like 2

Do I have a rare one then? Picked up a 280 L&k estate just under a month ago. Was unaware there weren't many about when enquiring about it, though the dealer did say if I ever want to sell it let them know as they don't see many. Just thought it was sales talk. 

28 minutes ago, Tom34 said:

Do I have a rare one then? Picked up a 280 L&k estate just under a month ago. Was unaware there weren't many about when enquiring about it, though the dealer did say if I ever want to sell it let them know as they don't see many. Just thought it was sales talk. 

My local service manager said mine was the first 280 he can recall seeing at the dealership.  One of the salesman also commented that they are pretty rare. 

I’ve only ever seen one other on the roads. 

There is plenty of Hatches, my dealer has a few in, but not Estates.

I have only ever seen one other on the road, and thats an unpainted estate in Sheffield, but i don't know if its a 280, although it does state 4x4 on the back, there is no other way of telling what engines in it.

To be honest, they also said the car i traded in, a MK2 Octavia vRS Petrol estate, was also getting super rare, and there was only 2 in the UK on Auto trader when i chopped it in..........got a great PX for it too considering its milage.

Edited by VelocityVinnie

• Administrators

@VelocityVinnie we may bump into each other, although I hope not literally, that would be a travesty.

The red one up at doncaster, yes tempted, not deposited that one though. 

There is a black estate non-dcc one in Bury ( sharing my intel now as I can't find it online )

A few L&K' estates too all lurking in that 28k 31k window.

I only need an octavia estate, so in the superb a hatch is enough and I slightly prefer it to the estate. There are more about mind, I also had the last superb in hatch and did like it... the back seat is big enough for the dog. ( that's a whole new topic, heck maybe even forum, given it will cost more than the car ;) )

The 4x4 badge on the boot is tricky as a lot of the diesel line carry them too.  Including my mates 150d 4x4 ;)

I've been trying to do a deal with bickertons/rainworths but they only have one estate in, it has dcc and that's the lot...  Spent a large part of the afternoon trying to decide if I want dcc. Sufficiently wasted enough time for the dealership to close. Concluded that I can live without it, what I don;t know and all that... if it was a golf R or something more... sensitively put, sevelt or dainty, then maybe.  Predictable outcomes I think is the phrase. I think I want to swap the wheels for some 17/18's anyway. I managed fine on an octavia mkI 4x4 :D once the roll stops you know it's going to turn.

Onh in the end, I had said no to them... despite a substantial off last minute, deal... went for a quick pootle and realised I think I meant yes. Will have to see if I still mean yes by the morning :D

Decisions take me a while, despite my malleable putty like behavior in the presence of car salesmen.

• Like 2