Slow factory orders

jinxgj

Was at the dealers yesterday and we got onto Brexit and the dealer said they had received written confirmation from Škoda that cars on order before a certain date ( think it was 3/10/19) will not be effected by any import charges provided car is delivered to Uk and within 30 days to customer  with a final date of 31/3/20 ( I think)

so there is some protection for everyone who is waiting now no matter what mess the government continues to make

• Thanks 1

Finally, picked mine up today. I have to say lads that it's well worth the wait, drives like a dream. At the moment there are no squeaks or rattles or grinding noises and everything works.

The dealer sat with me and took me through the set up of the Skoda connect app and ran me through the functions of the car,  ASKED me which service plan/schedule I wanted and registered me for the Ensurance.  Got caught out a couple of times on roundabouts where I was rolling and just as I was about to accelerate the car decided to change down a gear which resulted in a worrying delay but then took off like a scalded rabbit- lesson learned lol. Car is a week early from the estimated completion date, I feel so sorry for those that have had their dates messed up. I hope you all get some good news soon.

• Like 3

Apologies if this question has already been asked/answered. But in the unlikely(?) scenario if UK agreeing to a Brexit deal whenever that happens, will the import duty for the cars arriving from EU into UK still be at 10%? Still unsure about placing an order since it seems likely any additional tariffs will be passed onto customers in case of a disorderly Brexit. But I cant find any info regarding if we actually do agree to a deal and then leave the EU and the related tariffs on imports.

As I posted earlier - the dealers now have written guide lines from Skoda on this

I believe any car ordered by 31/10/19 and delivered by March and withing 30 days of it arriving to the UK will not be subject to any import duty.

Check with your dealer - but the deadline was soon...

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, SimonAudi said:

As I posted earlier - the dealers now have written guide lines from Skoda on this

I believe any car ordered by 31/10/19 and delivered by March and withing 30 days of it arriving to the UK will not be subject to any import duty.

Check with your dealer - but the deadline was soon...

many thanks for reposting! With todays extension granted to the UK till 31st Jan, do you reckon the dealers will now further extend this deadline forwards from the current one in March? Since when the guidelines were written presumably the dealers werent aware of the extension which was granted today. 

current lead times on L&Ks seems to be 25+ weeks.. so not sure if these orders will be price protected in terms of the tariffs which might get eventually levied

It came from Skoda - not the dealer - so my guess is as of today there will be no further information to the letter they already have

Might change next week?  but it took Skoda a long time to issue this letter....  so would not guarantee any further news any time soon..

• Thanks 1

At last some news! I now have a provisional build week of 16th December. So it looks like it'll be January before I see my car at the earliest. But at least I have a build week, albeit provisional!

• Like 1

My Kodiaq L&K 2.0 TDI 150 4x4 DSG was built today and has left the factory...

Ordered on 22nd July

So order to build 15.5 weeks... so likely to be 2 to 3 weeks - so 18 to 19 weeks order to delivery... (assuming no incidents on the way)

59 minutes ago, SimonAudi said:

My Kodiaq L&K 2.0 TDI 150 4x4 DSG was built today and has left the factory...

Ordered on 22nd July

So order to build 15.5 weeks... so likely to be 2 to 3 weeks - so 18 to 19 weeks order to delivery... (assuming no incidents on the way)

Great news, You'll love it when it gets here. I took mine up to Lincoln on saturday and used the adaptive cruuise control and lane assist. The blooming thing literally drove itself, all I had to do was put my hands on the steering wheel and listen to the music!

On 06/11/2019 at 22:45, ZacDaMan72 said:

Car finally arrived at my dealership, pickup next Saturday. 

6knhlmE.jpg

Beautiful VRS. 

Tho these cars are not fun to drive in transport mode 😛 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered my 2.0 190 L@K on 29th July with a few extras , trailer assist and towbar , heated steering wheel  , virtual cockpit , virtual pedal , adaptive cruise control , driver assistance pack for a snip at 34.6k  Still waiting for any news other than it’s ordered and weekly updates saying no further news from dealer , starting to get itchy feet and thinking of Alternatives but can’t find anything I would fancy other than merc gle or vw Touareg ex demo cars . 

Mine was ordered a week before yours and left factory 5th or 6th November and been sat at Emden for last 10 days or so

get order number from Dealer and use Chat to find out more on your car

26 minutes ago, SimonAudi said:

Mine was ordered a week before yours and left factory 5th or 6th November and been sat at Emden for last 10 days or so

That's what I thought about mine then suddenly it appeared at sheerness 🙄

Yes, that's where mine is Emden, I checked yesterday. A week and half ago when I asked it was at status 30 'Port Exit', can't be long now! Hopefully.

40 minutes ago, SimonAudi said:

Yes, that's where mine is Emden, I checked yesterday. A week and half ago when I asked it was at status 30 'Port Exit', can't be long now! Hopefully.

• Like 1