TV Tuner in Superb Mk3 Retrofit?

Hi, I have veiwed the many threads in reletion to which Skoda has TV and how to retrofit etc, however there doesnt seem to be anything specific to the Mk3 L&K Superb?

I have just bought a 66 model registered registered in November 2016.  If I am correct, this model does not come with TV tuner as standard?  Only models ordered befor the end of April 2016 gets it, right?

Mine did not get supplied with the optional extra of a TV tuner, but has got the Columbus head unit.

My question is, can an aftermarket tuner off the likes of Ebay etc be fitted relatively easily, and do they work OK?

I do quite a bit of "waiting" in my car, and a TV would be nice!

Also if anyone has done this before, it would be good to hear from you with details of what to buy and how to fit!  Cheeky I know 😉

Thankyou in advance,

Bobby

• Love it! 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the Columbus unit has an "S-Video" port on the back?  There are loads of DVB-T2 tuners out there advertising that it works on "Your factory fitted head unit".  Cant be that easy can it?

Mine was a 2015 build L&K but registered as a 16 plate, so it has the TV tuner fitted. I will not buy another car without it.

I'm spoilt now, it feels weird sitting in other cars in traffic or eating lunch etc, without being able to watch TV, plus it's helped me a lot with my mental health after a rough couple of years. I can go sit somewhere quietly and watch Bargain Hunt lol...

I'm not really willing to remove my head unit unless someone tells me how to do it...but if you need any info, part numbers etc give me a shout 👍

Hi Drewellis, Thanks for your reply.  It would be great if you could give me the part number for the tv tuner which i think is in the boot?  Also any little boxes next to it as I think you need an emmulator (whatever that is?).  Photos of the setup would also be great.  Dont worry about taking your car to bits though;-)

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone got a photo of the rear of the CD Player used by the S3 Superb L&K, 2016 model, without SIM?  Im wondering if there is a spare socket in the back as you can get aftermarket RCA adapters.

Thx

On 29/01/2020 at 10:55, drewellis said:

Mine was a 2015 build L&K but registered as a 16 plate, so it has the TV tuner fitted. I will not buy another car without it.

I'm spoilt now, it feels weird sitting in other cars in traffic or eating lunch etc, without being able to watch TV, plus it's helped me a lot with my mental health after a rough couple of years. I can go sit somewhere quietly and watch Bargain Hunt lol...

I'm not really willing to remove my head unit unless someone tells me how to do it...but if you need any info, part numbers etc give me a shout 👍

I had a MkIi Superb with a TV tuner and my current MkIII was built after it was deleted as a standard fit on the L&K.   I found it useful when we went shopping and SWMBO wanted to spend an hour or two trawling through the rails at T K Maxx and Marks & Spencer and I now take a magazine or puzzle book instead.  I did try recording programmes onto DVD to play through Columbus, but I found it was too much faff.  I only need something to keep me occupied if the weather is bad or if there's nowhere to go.  For instance, we usually go to Cyfarthfa Retail Park in Merthyr Tydfil and if the weather's OK, I can walk along the Taff Trail for a couple of hours that's directly accessible from the car park.

I appreciate and understand your health problems and I would like to have the TV tuner in the car, but I wouldn't go as far as not buying a car without one.

• Like 1

I too would like to have a TV facility in the car, but like you I haven't found a way of arranging it. One cheap alternative is a second-hand tablet and an I-player login. Might also be worth checking on Ali or Superskoda for a front dash mount if you don't want to hold it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/02/2020 at 19:22, BriskodaJeff said:

I too would like to have a TV facility in the car, but like you I haven't found a way of arranging it. One cheap alternative is a second-hand tablet and an I-player login. Might also be worth checking on Ali or Superskoda for a front dash mount if you don't want to hold it.

Funnily enough last time I had to wait in the car I watched Sky on the iPad with the case flipped over the steering wheel to hold it up. The TV Tuner doesn’t do on-demand 😂

I was at the vets, our 10yr old cockapoo is having chemo at the mo and it’s an hour away from home so I dropped him off, went for lunch and a walk with my frenchie and then came back to wait in the car... he wanted his bro back lol

DED60E46-E282-4647-BB3F-17A1F3BD94B3.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Bud said:

Could have cropped the image a little mate😮🥺

Haha that’s his foot sticking up, he’s only a pup 😂

• 1 year later...

Hello i know this thread is old but i´m thinking in retrofitting the tv tuner, i know the correct part is 8v0919191 and the price is not that expensive on ebay , you can find it for 100€.

What more is needed does anyone know ? where is it placed in the car ?

tuner - 8v0919191 

the cables - https://www.naviservice.it/cavo-collegamento-sintonizzatore-dvb-t-tv-audi-mmi-touch-8v0919191/

antena - 3V5035577 don't know what letters next

Edited by Camarao69

11 minutes ago, AlVal said:

They are for mobile but i have bought this instead and it worked https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/32983330410.html plug and play

9 hours ago, Tin82 said:

Just a thought, is it possible to split the most a 2nd time? With VC and Canton it is already split once. 

I thought about that too , don't know how but  it has to be possible.

I don´t know if anybody knows this but the tv module will enable RSE (Rear Seat Entertainment) so we can add Rear seat Displays

2 hours ago, Camarao69 said:

They are for mobile but i have bought this instead and it worked https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/32983330410.html plug and play

That doesn't seem right to me, that's an antenna for mobile reception. 

At least in the UK Digital TV (Freeview) Frequencies are in the 470Mhz – 850Mhz range, so the aerial should v cover that band. What you've linked is not marketed as a TV aerial