Amundsen MIB2 Firmware Update

On 01/05/2021 at 11:54, Tonythesmoke said:

Hi, I’ve just acquired my Octavia and wondered if anyone can tell me which unit I have and whether it’s up to date

Nope - you can upgrade to version 4.78 which definitely fixes a lot of gremlins.  Your maps are also out of date and you can find that update info at http://updateportal.skoda-auto.com/

7 minutes ago, varaderoguy said:

You have to hack the MIB system and of course we don't recommend you do that.   It is an FeC (or a Feature Enabled Code) - which will cost you about 150 odd euros to enable from your local SKODA dealer.

You should also consider updating your firmware to the latest and if you press/hold MENU, go to Version and Version information, take a photo of that screen and we can advise.

20210502_005900.jpg

2 hours ago, varaderoguy said:

Nope - you can upgrade to version 4.78 which definitely fixes a lot of gremlins.  Your maps are also out of date and you can find that update info at http://updateportal.skoda-auto.com/

Thank you for this, will have to find an SD card now and download. 

Does anyone know if the green backlighting can be switched to white or is the update just for maps and radio logos? 

On 19/04/2021 at 17:16, PFBM21 said:

Hi,
I would like to know if the update from MSTD_EU_SK_P3161 (SW 0421) to MSTD_EU_SK_P6230 (SW 0490), fixes some problems / bugs, or, updates the system and adds new features, for instance Mirror Link...?

Thanks

If you want to use MirrorLink, Android Auto or Apple CarPlay you have to swap you runit (and screen) to MIB2 as none MIB1 unit supports these features

On 09/04/2021 at 18:40, Feeder said:

Good day!

I've just installed Amundsen Mib2 in my Fabia RS (5L0035680), it has H05 hardware version and SW 0138.

Could someone answer what is the newest firmware version for it and where can I download it?

No, there is no newer software for it :(

Just a FYI for anyone in the same boat wondering about the length of time. I went from P0359T to P0367T on a 5Q0035874B and it probably only took about 5 minutes, so obviously not a huge change between the two. 

Could you please help me with the latest software for my Amundsen MIB2?

Partnr: 5Q0035874B (with DAB)

Hardware: H30

Software: 0361

Officially, SOP3.x versions cannot be upgraded although there are folk on here who say it can be done, you are really pushing the boundaries. 0478 is the latest version at the moment available to us. I've checked Skoda erWin and they say to apply 0478 for any radio gremlins.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, varaderoguy said:

Officially, SOP3.x versions cannot be upgraded although there are folk on here who say it can be done, you are really pushing the boundaries. 0478 is the latest version at the moment available to us. I've checked Skoda erWin and they say to apply 0478 for any radio gremlins.

Oh.. I'm not pushing the boundaries.. just asking.. :)

21 hours ago, varaderoguy said:

Have upgraded from 253 to 478. But as others have stated the unit needs to be patched first. Wouldn't recommend unless you have issues with the current software you're on. 

You do get a new grid style menu which is nice and I'm pretty sure the app button will work if you have the 5e0919605m glass screen.

Screenshot_20210507-092521.thumb.jpg.f67acae91791d2e0b6ea7363868dcb3a.jpg

Edited by Marshy33

Is there any need to update if you are not having problems ?

I was having problems with car play, but i have bought a new genuine lead for my phone and that has resolved the problem that i had, everything  else is fine...im running Sw471 and 478 is the latest update...

However i would love to switch the virtual subwoofer on, but i have no idea of anyone that could do this ! 

If you're problem free, there is no need to update. If you do develop problems later, you can always update at that point :)

As for the virtual sub, that'll need coding with VCDS or similar. Might be worth checking the VCDS section for a local member as they can probably help.

Hi @pab567

Do you have an update for my MIB2 unit 5Q0035874C please? Currrent software is 0468 and I'm finding Carplay with my iPhone 11 sometimes doesn't work (only charges).

Thanks

Phil

32 minutes ago, pab567 said:

My mistake, thx for letting me know. Funny thing is that I cannot have it edited - I will report it and request for deletion.

Once again, thx.

Further more, I was unable to write you this as an pm.