New Octavia - first pics

Kay

I'll agree with you 'bout the design................ my 99 Octavia looks much better!

The (german) Car-magazine "Auto-Strassenverkehr" wrote, Skoda will show the Octavia first in springtime at Geneve.

Note: the license plate with DA X .... is the official plates of Skoda-Germany - so I don't think the pics will be fakes................

Wait and see...........and hope :eyecrazy:

Kay

Well I hope it will grow on me, Initial impressions are dare I say even more bug eyed than the Impreza & whilst the estate definately looks better it would apear to be a tadge French looking, sort of Citroen C5 with a bit of Laguna thrown in.

Still we all tend to prefer what we own although I am glad its not initially stunning which will bode well for residualls on the "classic" shape & will make the end of line models next year a good buy.

L&K 4x4 Estate with the 130 Diesel engine, they havent got long left to make the car they should always have sold in the UK SO PLEASE SKODA PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like the Tourer (oops, sorry Renault!), I mean the combi/estate - as with the current Octavia I think that the estate looks better, but then you would say I would say that!!

John.

I think it looks fantastic, much much better than the 80's looking current car, with its excessive overhangs and minicab panache.

This will be a car to further consolidate Skoda as a legitimate brand of its own, rather than a purveyor of badge engineered VW's.

Let's hope they do a vRS version with a decent V6, rather than that tired old 1.8T motor.

Looks like the new Vectra from the front + some Citroen or other from the back - euch!

Mind you I hate new versions of most cars - they take a while to grow on me. Quite like the line along the middle which cuts through the headlights.....

I just think its 'ok'.

Remember when the Impreza changed in 2000 - their was a furore - I can't see that happening with the Octavia as the new one is just nondescript. The back of the estate reminds me of the Suzuki Liana Hatch! "The what?" you say - exactly.

Best wait and see what the engines/spec/pricing is like. Assuming they'll move it closer to VW/Audi in price this time, then that means more spec ?

Rob

• Like 1

I like both versions and they do look a bit like 'plumped up' versions of the Fabia. Why such a rake on the Combi tailgate? A medium size estate with a less angled rump is sorely needed. Tall square objects are never going to go in, so it seems a bit too much of a styling exercise. We'll have to wait and see them in the flesh.