Social Distancing support, advice and tips & a little humour.

@Lee

Errr; that's probably enough on this subject. 

Keep exercising kids, you know it's part and parcel of good health.  Keep breathing regularly and drink plenty of water too.

If you are actually interested in fitness, have a look at 'Functional patterns' related vids on youtube; it's the future, probably.

Ladies (and some men) will like the Kyle Dake vid demonstrating some of this stuff

• Like 1

12 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

My boss told me yesterday he was down to his last 2 toilet rolls and Nuneaton seem to completely out of stock. He went to Morrison's at lunchtime and yes no toilet rolls. Something going around on the interweb is "Would you rather be six feet apart or six feet under". He managed to borrow some from his parents. Not sure if they want it back after he's finished with it.:tongueout:

In Nuneaton, First it was toilet rolls. At this stage supermarket managers should have heard the alarm bells shaking themselves off the walls. But NO-all they heard was the ***** of sales figures. Next came food stuffs and slowly Nuneaton supermarket managers woke up. By then all supermarkets bore the same name "Nunnery" = we've got none of this.

Social distancing is one of the biggest jokes in my Sainsbury's. With tills not in use, folks with a few items head to the ciggie/lottery/customer service counter, where the most useless person is found on the till. Alone. Then a queue builds up, with each person distancing themselves by at least a metre. Net result- a queue half way across the store.

So according to Taylor Wimpey, they've closed all building sites and sales offices: 

From Tuesday 24th March our Sales Information Centres will be closed until further notice and we will be conducting all enquiries and appointments remotely. We’d like to reassure you that we are still on hand to help you through your home buying journey either over the phone or by email. Please visit our development pages for contact details. We are also closing our building sites in response to Government guidelines announced on 23rd March 2020 to ensure that we do all we can as a business to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Our absolute priority will be to carry this out safely and securely, while continuing to support our customers and employees.

Source: https://www.taylorwimpey.co.uk/update-from-taylor-wimpey

I live on a Taylor Wimpey site and whilst it did seem to be closed yesterday, it seems to be back in full swing today.  Usual amount of work and work traffic as far as I can see.  I really need to ask WTAF?!?!

i really dont get the constant panic buying you guys seem to be going through?

i was in Lidl and a Dunnes today and they  are pretty much fully stocked. tesco at the weekend was the same, though jacks roll isnt as plentiful as twas, there is still plenty there. 

i did logon to tesco to see about doing an online shop.. next home deliver slot available is in a fortnight...

12 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

In Peru where 1,000 UK Tourists are stranded Police have arrested 16,000 locals after failing to observe social distancing.:sadsmile:

..... and have crammed them into the few remaining prison cells that were vacant???

That's a sceptical question, not a fact...

5 hours ago, PetrolDave said:

..... and have crammed them into the few remaining prison cells that were vacant???

That's a sceptical question, not a fact...

That wasn't lost on me either. Seems easier to fine them or simply move them on surely.

• Like 1

I went to tesco early today.

Quite well stocked apart from the usual TP. Strangely there had been a run on dishwasher tablets.

I got tp by luck when the cage came out back full of it. I took one pack 😇 and we actually needed it since I've not been panic buying the ****ing stuff like everyone else.

everything else was pretty much in stock. But a bit surreal with people walking round with gloves and scarves over their faces. AS if that does anything. Old uns were queued up for their special hour after I left. Sad sight.

9 minutes ago, Aspman said:

I took one pack 😇 and we actually needed it since I've not been panic buying the ****ing stuff like everyone else.

One pack of 96 rolls 🤷‍♂️

Toilet_Paper_Man_Mr_President_Toilet_Paper__51262.1457767822.jpg

54 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Noticed most of the drivers coming to our warehouse are now wearing gloves. One refused our cab search rule. Simple decision for us he is now banned from site for not obeying site rules.

Curious......................what's the cab search for...........................Curiosity???    Lol.

2 minutes ago, Tilt said:

Curious......................what's the cab search for...........................Curiosity???    Lol.

Easy for warehouse to give driver a box of toys when they return the keys to them. Driver press a randomiser which gives a green for no search or a red light for a cab search. Big sign when they get booked in explaining cab searches are company policy and also a leaflet is handed to them on entry to site. The leaflet explains that refusal to press the button will result in a future ban from entering site. Would you refuse to go through an Airport scanner if you have nothing to hide?

1 minute ago, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

It gives the searchers an equal opportunity to pinch stuff as lorry drivers have, like a drivers loo paper.

George we have too many camera's for that to happen to protect both parties. Hermes driver last night told me I was one of the most polite Security Officer's he had met. Some of my colleagues get an attitude unfortunately when they put their uniform on thinking they are some kind of private Police Officer. 

7 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Easy for warehouse to give driver a box of toys when they return the keys to them. 

Then you have a problem with your warehouse staff.

• Like 1

@shyVRS245

I had a mate that was  head of security.  He got the jobs after retiring from the police force.

There should of been more checks on why he took early retirement on health reasons.

He retired abroad quite comfortably after not many years in Security, deceased now under unusual circumstances.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

@shyVRS245

I had a mate that was  head of security.  He got the jobs after retiring from the police force.

There should of been more checks on why he took early retirement on health reasons.

He retired abroad quite comfortably after not many years in Security, deceased now under unusual circumstances.

Moral of the story never trust a Policeman who can't retire on their Police Pension. Usually a bad reason they are forced to leave the service.

Went for our Weekly Shop today. This particular Lidl had signs up stating they will limit the store to 90 customers maximum.

Noticed people wearing disposable gloves (that some were more than happy to dispose of in the carpark, feckers!), and scarves as masks. Normally people tend to use it as a creche with kids running around screaming, but today it was so quiet and a little unsettling.

There was one person in particular who appeared to be deliberately getting up close and practically brushing against people. He also didn't seem to realise what certain items were as he would walk along the shelves picking items up, look at them and then put them back.

The majority of the shelves were well stocked with the usual culprits reported missing.

This Lidl had 3 lines of black and yellow tape approximate 2m apart on the floor adjacent to each till which people seemed to be adhering to.

Pity the till operator then has to go and touch every item you've purchased....

Oh, and one woman wearing her scarf as a mask was more than happy to lower it when asking me to look after her trolley whilst she got something she had forgotten!

18 minutes ago, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

It gives the searchers an equal opportunity to pinch stuff as lorry drivers have, like a drivers loo paper.

I was gonna say is it to see if they have a stash of bog roll..........;)

24 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Easy for warehouse to give driver a box of toys when they return the keys to them.

18 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

we have too many camera's for that to happen to protect both parties. 

But not enough to prevent warehouse staff giving drivers a box of toys unfortunately, it seems......................I was curious, that was all. :)

2 minutes ago, Tilt said:

But not enough to prevent warehouse staff giving drivers a box of toys unfortunately, it seems......................I was curious, that was all. :)

There is a short list of those that have access to one door to the yard when returning keys to the driver. Camera inside warehouse covering door and another on the outside of the door so anyone stupid enough to try will get captured and caught red handed with Mickey or Minnie.