Heated seats

The default setting is full on when you turn it on. I also have the same car and my seats are heating up nicely, normally have it on the middle setting.

Even in the hottest setting the temperature self regulates so will fluctuate. If you have a particularly sensitive posterior you might be more sensitive to the slight temperature changes.

You can change the temperature of the three settings on VCDS if you require, 

Have you verified that the seat is not faulty by trying the passenger seat?

mine becomes unbearable to sit on after 5-10 mins, when set to lvl 3.

maybe urs is faulty.

have u checked the ventilation holes on the seat to make sure nothing is blocking them?

In the UK heated seats are pretty common, but the factory optional ventilated seats (and the perforated leather) are quite rare...

image.png.9ff1766c9d31ed9277d70cd48c0a7910.png

Not many Superbs here with the little fan over the seat on their on-screen menus :D

image.png.3b81a8ab600dc20bcffbb0fb798c3e67.png

2 minutes ago, john999boy said:

Have you a link to that by any chance please?

I found this on the TT forum but it worked on my Passat

-adjust the temperature thresholds of any step heating seats
Unit 9
security access 31347
adaption
find in the menu:
(1) to (12) seat heater level current consumption allocation..
change the value to your choice, even different per each side of the car
1 untere, min temperature step 1 left side (driver to me) standard is 18
1 obere, max temperature step 1 left side standard is 20
2 untere, min temperature step 1 right side standard is 18
2 obere, max temperature step 1 right side standard is 20
3 untere, min temperature step 2 left side standard is 26
3 obere, max temperature step 2 left side standard is 28
4 untere, min temperature step 2 right side standard is 26
4 obere, max temperature step 2 right side standard is 28
5 untere, min temperature step 3 left side standard is 34
5 obere, max temperature step 3 left side standard is 36
6 untere, min temperature step 3 right side standard is 34
6 obere, max temperature step 3 right side standard is 36

• Thanks 1

I have had my car for 3 years now and the heated seats are poor at best, all they do is take the chill off the cold leather.  However, other people state that their heated seats are really effective and I am now wondering if it depends if you have leather or cloth seats.  I have leather seats on my car and as I said before, the heated seats are not that effective.  Perhaps if others say what seats they have and whether the heated seats are good or not, we can deduce if it has something to do with the material!!

I’ve been toying with the settings of my heated seats in VCP (akin to VCDS) over the last couple of weeks.

One thing stood out to me, the seats in our new Skoda Scala become very hot after about 5-10 minute of use on the highest setting. Almost unbearably hot.

I decided to see what the difference was in from the factory setting.

To me, it seems like someone, somewhere, messed up.

the initial settings on my Superb were somewhere in the order of 31-34-37, whereas the setting for the Scala was 60-100 (it only has two levels of seat heating).

This made me think the numbers actually represent a percentage value, and not a temperature. I’ve now increased the upper level on the Superb to 80 and the other levels to about 60 and 40. These feel a lot more in line to how I would expect the seats to function:

Highest level -HOT

Intermediate level - Nice and warm
Lowest level- just enough to stop them from being chilly.

• Like 1

Iirc, at least on my Columbus, there are additional settings buried in the infotainment regarding heating and cooling characteristics, basically changing the aggressiveness for want of a better word. I think it has settings something like eco/medium/max refering to how much energy to allow to use as a trade off against fuel use/emissions.

Not changed anything myself yet.

Try vehicle, settings, convenience consumers

Edited by xman

13 hours ago, 801802971 said:

I have had my car for 3 years now and the heated seats are poor at best, all they do is take the chill off the cold leather.  However, other people state that their heated seats are really effective and I am now wondering if it depends if you have leather or cloth seats.  I have leather seats on my car and as I said before, the heated seats are not that effective.  Perhaps if others say what seats they have and whether the heated seats are good or not, we can deduce if it has something to do with the material!!

mine is leather seats with heating and cooling.

as i said earlier, it gets "hot" to sit on after a few minutes after a couple of minutes, requiring to drop the level to 1.

mind u our winters r nowhere near as cold as european winters.  for us -5 C is very very cold.  normally we hangout in the 0-5 degrees C.

I've found mine give out plenty of heat.

On my MkII L&K which came as standard with ventilated seats that had switches on the base of the seat, I occasionally knocked the switch accidently with my foot when getting in or out and then wondered why the seat didn't get very hot when I turned the seat heater on.  I'm not familiar with the MkIII ventilated seat controls, but is it possible these can be on whilst the seat heater is on?

Mine are far less hot than my previous Superb L&K, I'll see if there is a setting for this next time I drive the car -- say, in three months or so... 😞

• Haha 1

I have only used my heated seats once, and that was to check that they work. Sitting on heated seats cause piles, so my old granny said!

• 4 weeks later...
On 04/04/2020 at 14:31, kriva said:

I’ve been toying with the settings of my heated seats in VCP (akin to VCDS) over the last couple of weeks.

One thing stood out to me, the seats in our new Skoda Scala become very hot after about 5-10 minute of use on the highest setting. Almost unbearably hot.

I decided to see what the difference was in from the factory setting.

To me, it seems like someone, somewhere, messed up.

the initial settings on my Superb were somewhere in the order of 31-34-37, whereas the setting for the Scala was 60-100 (it only has two levels of seat heating).

This made me think the numbers actually represent a percentage value, and not a temperature. I’ve now increased the upper level on the Superb to 80 and the other levels to about 60 and 40. These feel a lot more in line to how I would expect the seats to function:

Highest level -HOT

Intermediate level - Nice and warm
Lowest level- just enough to stop them from being chilly.

Hi, are you satisfied with the new settings?

I'll give it a go as I've seriously thought about putting some thermacell sheets on the seats during winter :)

I have the perforated seats with ventilation, heating and massage and the seats (both sides) never had good heating during winter.

I am quite happy with the new settings on mine.

I might even increase the different levels a little more, but that’s just personal preference.

21 hours ago, kriva said:

I am quite happy with the new settings on mine.

I might even increase the different levels a little more, but that’s just personal preference.

Did the changes yesterday, not that cold outside +4 celsius but the new settings made a difference :)

In OBD11 the values can't be set higher then 64 but that's plenty enough!