Which exhaust! MK3 octavia

This is where having an active exhaust system would be great. On my bike, I've got 4 riding modes; rain, road, dynamic and dynamic pro. When you're having a group ride or a day off blast, putting it into dynamic mode gives it the pops and bangs going up and down the revs. It does give it a throatier sound as well. But when you're just out and about, having it in road just keeps everything calm.

Dependent on you're going to go down the full system route, or something as simple as a backbox, you may need to get a remap to get the fueling in order

What actual power gains are to be had from these exhausts? 

Personally I wouldn't get a loud exhaust again.  Did it once, pain in the arse on a daily basis and 99% of people will label you a yob and ultimately ends up as a compete embarrassment.

Bit different if you have a nice V8 under the bonnet but a 4 pot?  Better if people can't hear that.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hazzaardous said:

Still struggling to choose 🙄 does anybody on here actually have a Non-res system on their car? Like was said in the post the videos on YouTube just don't seem to justify the sound 

It’s a good place to start for reference but I wouldn’t decide on an exhaust from a YouTube video. The devices used to record and playback, IMO, won’t give true likeness of the actual exhaust sound. Don’t get me wrong it won’t be far off, but you can’t beat hearing it in person and experiencing any resonance.

Also, how often will you be stood behind your car filming it while it’s being revved before it drives off? That’s what most exhaust videos seem to be like 😂 

Granted they sound good but but bare in mind someone is sat inside listening to that all the time.

On 28/05/2020 at 07:25, CookieMonster87 said:

It’s a good place to start for reference but I wouldn’t decide on an exhaust from a YouTube video. The devices used to record and playback, IMO, won’t give true likeness of the actual exhaust sound. Don’t get me wrong it won’t be far off, but you can’t beat hearing it in person and experiencing any resonance.

Also, how often will you be stood behind your car filming it while it’s being revved before it drives off? That’s what most exhaust videos seem to be like 😂 

Granted they sound good but but bare in mind someone is sat inside listening to that all the time.

Very true 😂 they just all seem to sound very similar to stock. I've made up my mind and ordered the resonated scorpion exhaust! At £700 I think is a very reasonable price. Hopefully gives it a nice sound and not to ricey 👍 I have also turned the sound actuator because that can get very tedious.

• Like 1

On 31/05/2020 at 07:43, hazzaardous said:

Very true 😂 they just all seem to sound very similar to stock. I've made up my mind and ordered the resonated scorpion exhaust! At £700 I think is a very reasonable price. Hopefully gives it a nice sound and not to ricey 👍 I have also turned the sound actuator because that can get very tedious.

When are you getting this fitted?  I'm very tempted, the car is too quiet.

Will a resonated aftermarket exhaust give a sound more like a stock S3/Golf R, or likely to be louder?

Don't think non-res would suit me either.

On 31/05/2020 at 07:43, hazzaardous said:

Make sure you get some decent videos posted for the rest of us :D

7 hours ago, Sweephand said:

There are enough crap sounding loud exhausts around already - don't add to the pile please. Fast and quiet is much classier.

I've gone for the scorpion resonated so hopefully it is just right!

8 hours ago, Sweephand said:

There are enough crap sounding loud exhausts around already - don't add to the pile please. Fast and quiet is much classier.

Fast and quiet is one thing, fast and pretty much silent as modern vRS are is another thing entirely. It was probably my biggest disappointment moving my old Mk2 Prefacelift to my 245, complete loss of any noise from the exhaust.

Just now, Kenai said:

Fast and quiet is one thing, fast and pretty much silent as modern vRS are is another thing entirely. It was probably my biggest disappointment moving my old Mk2 Prefacelift to my 245, complete loss of any noise from the exhaust.

I don't understand why they didn't give it a bit more noise being a performance car

1 hour ago, hazzaardous said:

I've gone for the scorpion resonated so hopefully it is just right!

Although they may have changed a bit, but in the early 2000s I had an EP3 Civic Type R with a resonated Scorpion exhaust. It gave a lovely rumble at tickover and a good sound at speed. It was not however boomy or intrusively too loud. I would certainly get one again. Very good quality as well. 

Just now, roaddetective said:

Although they may have changed a bit, but in the early 2000s I had an EP3 Civic Type R with a resonated Scorpion exhaust. It gave a lovely rumble at tickover and a good sound at speed. It was not however boomy or intrusively too loud. I would certainly get one again. Very good quality as well. 

Hope so! Ill post some sound videos once installed. Expected to arrive in 10 days 😁

• 3 years later...
On 04/06/2020 at 08:29, hazzaardous said:

Hope so! Ill post some sound videos once installed. Expected to arrive in 10 days 😁

Hey! Looking to get the exact same thing - split between res/non-res.

Are you happy with your choice? Does it make a noticeable difference?

Thanks

On 03/06/2020 at 23:53, Sweephand said:

I am in this camp. I would rather have a more efficient & longer-lasting quieter exhaust, than anything that made the exhaust sound "better" louder.

Which reminds me, I really need to get my act together and switch that silly fake engine noise off.