Annoying things about the Mk4!

Thanks for the replies it seems unbelievable that the mk4 can't do this. 

It wouldn't matter if the sound wasn't so a)loud and b)late. I'm really surprised that more people aren't complaining about this!

If anyone does find a way to either lower the volume when on normal mode or make it stick in individual mode, please let me know! I'm in essex

On 06/02/2021 at 08:16, Dr_Pepper said:

Thanks for the replies it seems unbelievable that the mk4 can't do this. 

It wouldn't matter if the sound wasn't so a)loud and b)late. I'm really surprised that more people aren't complaining about this!

If anyone does find a way to either lower the volume when on normal mode or make it stick in individual mode, please let me know! I'm in essex

I thought UK cars didn't have the sound actuator thingy?

On 07/10/2020 at 19:16, 5koda51mon said:

Absolutely agree about the lane assist reactivation. Hopefully someone comes up with a software fix. Also noticed the SYNC option for heater controls keeps switching off. Voice activation keeps randomly switching on too.

i just got mine coded with obd11, setting lane assist to "last setting" 

driver assistance (module A5) > long coding > Configuration for lane departure warning KI15 > change to "last setting"

this worked only with hood open 

octavia is 2020.

now, i am searching for start stop disable setting

2 hours ago, Futach said:

i just got mine coded with obd11, setting lane assist to "last setting" 

driver assistance (module A5) > long coding > Configuration for lane departure warning KI15 > change to "last setting"

this worked only with hood open 

octavia is 2020.

now, i am searching for start stop disable setting

Might be worth starting a new thread for this to keep us all updated if you don’t mind. I too want rid of the over intrusive lane assist and also stop/start. Have you found option at all for the sound actuator? Thanks 

11 minutes ago, parsey83 said:

Might be worth starting a new thread for this to keep us all updated if you don’t mind. I too want rid of the over intrusive lane assist and also stop/start. Have you found option at all for the sound actuator? Thanks 

Definitely needs a new thread. What else can be done? Think I'm buying obd11 soon....

I didn't think anything could be done on the MK4 though so this is definitely good. 

Edited by Jmagee

To add to this list of annoying things (although I definitely don't have all the issues mentioned in this thread), has anyone found any insulated cups that fit in the ridiculously small cup holders? 

1 hour ago, Jon81 said:

To add to this list of annoying things (although I definitely don't have all the issues mentioned in this thread), has anyone found any insulated cups that fit in the ridiculously small cup holders? 

I’d bought one that fits, the next day it disappeared. My mk4 must forgot that I’d left it there... :tongueout:

2 hours ago, TheUltraRunner said:

I can't find anymore where this was mentioned. I went to the dealer yesterday to get two updates. One for kessy and one for air conditioning unit. And now AC menu doesn't come on anymore when you press button for heating steering wheel.

I see someone reacted to my post with sad smiley face. I must mention this is a good thing. Before that AC menu showed up every time you pressed the heat button on the steering wheel which was quite annoying.

How did you found out about the updates? Did you report a problem and then they contacted you or what? I would also like to have updated software :P

Edited by Hluhek

5 hours ago, TheUltraRunner said:

I can't find anymore where this was mentioned. I went to the dealer yesterday to get two updates. One for kessy and one for air conditioning unit. And now AC menu doesn't come on anymore when you press button for heating steering wheel.

Good news, it was a bit annoying with the AC. Do you know what they did with the kessy?

7 hours ago, TheUltraRunner said:

It was an oil change on my request after 2000 km. I know there are different opinions on the internet about whether this is really needed or not, but I decided to do it anyway.

I also already passed 2k. What are the pros and cons?

Dealer told me I should look for him after 1 year or 30k km’s. The distance part worries me. I’m not an expert, but heard things about metal scraps that can be found in the oil after the first couple km’s.

Also, do we have an available service schedule or plan according to our VIN? I know that Renault has this and they send it to you through email if you ask for it.

The cons...money. :D I really don't see any other cons rather than that.
The pros...as you said, since it is a new engine potentially some metal scraps can build up and with an oil change you get rid of them. That's it. I'm not a mechanic so I don't know is this is true or not since all the engines are already "run in" in the factory  (as the dealer told me).

When I picked up my car the dealer asked me to choose regular service interval (15k km or 1 year) or long one (30k km or 1 year). Since I own a VRS I decided for the short one as I believe that oil looses a lot of its characteristics after 15k km. Also almost everyone on the internet advises to change the oil every 15k km, at least for the TSI VRS.

I couldn't find anything about the service plan and what is required to change on each service yet.   

On 15/01/2021 at 21:06, mr44 said:

Umm, might be a hoax.. but..

Hi Guys!

Did anyone of you notice strangely flickering dome lights from the back seats side of the roof?

I just picked up the car from the dealer (after sunset), and during my way home one of the dome lights behind me randomly turned on and off, repetedly, couple mins interval.

After my arrival, while parking, I was also noticed this when I simply did some “first steps” in the infotainment. Behind the driver seat light, dark, light, dark... but only one of them. (2 pcs)

I mean, what the f..? :D 

So, just tried a quick “octavia 2020 problem” search on youtube sorted by upload date.

Found this one. I still have no clue what causes this. There’s nothing in the back seats, the surface of the light was cleaned before.. no other ideas..

(Tesla’s party mode copy? :dry:)

Edited by mr44

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/02/2021 at 09:46, TheUltraRunner said:

I see someone reacted to my post with sad smiley face. I must mention this is a good thing. Before that AC menu showed up every time you pressed the heat button on the steering wheel which was quite annoying.

You're absolutely right. It's so much better now they have got rid of that feature. I also noticed that now if you hold the heated steering wheel button down for a few seconds it either turns the heated wheel on or off with out having to cycle through the three different levels. Wish they would add the same function for the seats.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 5koda51mon said:

You're absolutely right. It's so much better now they have got rid of that feature. I also noticed that now if you hold the heated steering wheel button down for a few seconds it either turns the heated wheel on or off with out having to cycle through the three different levels. Wish they would add the same function for the seats.

Thanks for the tip about holding the button. I'll try that next time. :)