Wireless Android Auto

14 hours ago, DManel said:

Well, I just had the same issue, with Car Play, not using the full screen, after I added a 3x3 view of car play to the main screen. The Car Play would always be "processed" in that size, no matter what.
After I removed the "widget" from the home menus, it started to display in full screen again when I open the Car Play.

Maybe that's the same with Android Auto...

Update - This fixed the issue, back to widescreen android auto.

Thanks DManel, hope this fixes everyone elses as well :)

• Like 3

On 04/06/2021 at 17:56, DManel said:

Well, I just had the same issue, with Car Play, not using the full screen, after I added a 3x3 view of car play to the main screen. The Car Play would always be "processed" in that size, no matter what.
After I removed the "widget" from the home menus, it started to display in full screen again when I open the Car Play.

Amazing, such a simple thing completely fixed the issue, well done my friend!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's really bad that this doesn't work, especially since the manual clearly states it does! I'm guessing hardware revisions A-C have issues with the 5ghz WiFi and this is why i can only connect to my 2.4ghz network?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 04/06/2021 at 17:56, DManel said:

Can you tell me where the widget is please? Do you mean the car home menu?

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/11/2021 at 19:28, JFJ said:

Can you tell me where the widget is please? Do you mean the car home menu?

Yes, in the car home menu, when you add a widget by pressing +, if you have a blank page with a lot of space free, a big symlink/carplay widget will appear as an option (I don't remember if is 3x3 or 4x4 or more).

• 3 months later...

Sorry to dredge this one up, but for the life of me I cannot get Android Auto wireless working. It simply won't connect at the head unit, constantly telling me to plug in the USB. Weirdly, my phone (Pixel 4, Android 12) thinks it is connected, showing the Skoda in AA, and going into AA mode.

I have a very dodgy USB port on the phone, so whilst I can hold the USB in by hand and get a connection (which works fine for AA), the moment I let go it disconnects. Obviously no use for driving. Any clues? I've read every thread I can find on the topic here, and there is some mention of Wifi settings on the head unit but I cannot find any settings of that sort on mine. Worth mentioning perhaps that this is "Bolero" (no nav), although tbh I am not convinced there is any difference now between head units, since they are the same size - 10" - and my unit actually offers me the change to upgrade to navigation (at cost, obviously).

So frustrating, and obviously I need a new phone and problem goes away, but it would be great to get it working on this one.

Here is the system info - the same or later for all components compared to some screen shots I have seen in this thread from people who have wireless working:

PXL_20220225_162304787.MP.jpg

Have you followed the setup instructions in the manual? I can't remember exactly how I did but I remember connecting the WiFi to some weird German sounding access point? That was what triggered everything and its worked since. 

• Sponsor
On 15/07/2021 at 21:03, beasty54 said:

It's really bad that this doesn't work, especially since the manual clearly states it does! I'm guessing hardware revisions A-C have issues with the 5ghz WiFi and this is why i can only connect to my 2.4ghz network?

Hardware is the same. Hardware part number changes with Software

I've got the same problem.  Went in today for the mid Jan software fix release to be applied (SOS pop fix and the hung loading screen on login).  And I was hoping for AA wireless to be enabled.  But now my ICE system doesn't know what version it's control panel stuff is (which I'm hoping isn't the issue)  and there is no way of getting the wireless AA setup.

20220225_183237.thumb.jpg.b9668726fcbce9f73c853b65f457005d.jpg

• Sponsor
15 minutes ago, auroan said:

I've got the same problem.  Went in today for the mid Jan software fix release to be applied (SOS pop fix and the hung loading screen on login).  And I was hoping for AA wireless to be enabled.  But now my ICE system doesn't know what version it's control panel stuff is (which I'm hoping isn't the issue)  and there is no way of getting the wireless AA setup.

20220225_183237.thumb.jpg.b9668726fcbce9f73c853b65f457005d.jpg

1668 doesn't support wireless android auto 

2 hours ago, East_Yorkshire_Retrofits said:

1668 doesn't support wireless android auto 

Ah I must have missed that in the thread.  Guess there is no way of getting the dealer to put it at the latest revision ?  Even though it went in today for a software update

2 minutes ago, auroan said:

Ah I must have missed that in the thread.  Guess there is no way of getting the dealer to put it at the latest revision ?  Even though it went in today for a software update

I had to really push to get my dealer to do it, they're absolute tw**s when it comes to software updates. 

16 hours ago, beasty54 said:

Have you followed the setup instructions in the manual? I can't remember exactly how I did but I remember connecting the WiFi to some weird German sounding access point? That was what triggered everything and its worked since. 

Well - as far as I can, yes, but I seem to be missing the Wifi option in my settings menu. The manual seems to suggest that I need to connect to the infotainment wifi hotspot, and to do this via Menu/Settings/Wi-fi. Problem: I don't have the Wi-fi option under settings, so I am stumped. Worth noting perhaps that I have the base SE, not an SE-L, but my hardware/software versions all look similar. I do have an option for data plans, which returns an error message when I click it, and to turn on the use the car data plan which does nothing (perhaps because I don't have a data plan). No option to turn on wifi, check the wifi password (another option the manual suggests should exist) etc. I see a wifi network called "Phantom" on my phone, which requires a password that I don't have. Could this be it? (could also be a neighbour somewhere!). Stumped..

• Sponsor
13 hours ago, auroan said:

Some of them need persuasion, ie you need to complain of the issues fixed by the update before they'll do it 

57 minutes ago, Mattster21 said:

Well - as far as I can, yes, but I seem to be missing the Wifi option in my settings menu. The manual seems to suggest that I need to connect to the infotainment wifi hotspot, and to do this via Menu/Settings/Wi-fi. Problem: I don't have the Wi-fi option under settings, so I am stumped. Worth noting perhaps that I have the base SE, not an SE-L, but my hardware/software versions all look similar. I do have an option for data plans, which returns an error message when I click it, and to turn on the use the car data plan which does nothing (perhaps because I don't have a data plan). No option to turn on wifi, check the wifi password (another option the manual suggests should exist) etc. I see a wifi network called "Phantom" on my phone, which requires a password that I don't have. Could this be it? (could also be a neighbour somewhere!). Stumped..

It's the part in red i remember being a strange name so, it's a bluetooth profile you select that seemed to get things working for me. 

Capture.JPG

4 minutes ago, beasty54 said:

It's the part in red i remember being a strange name so, it's a bluetooth profile you select that seemed to get things working for me. 

Capture.JPG

Thanks Beasty. Yes, I admit I was reading the manual online (which seems totally different to reality), so went and tried following the manual in the car earlier. I have the same info as your screen grab, but I don't know what "select the Bluetooth hands-free profile" even means. I select my device, I see it in the list with hands free and media profiles in green, but if I touch the phone symbol (I believe this is the "hands free profile") it just disconnects that profile and it goes grey. How do you "select" it? It does seem that the earlier manual is out of date wrt to wifi, since that option (or WLAN) are not present anywhere in my settings menu system.

16 minutes ago, Mattster21 said:

Thanks Beasty. Yes, I admit I was reading the manual online (which seems totally different to reality), so went and tried following the manual in the car earlier. I have the same info as your screen grab, but I don't know what "select the Bluetooth hands-free profile" even means. I select my device, I see it in the list with hands free and media profiles in green, but if I touch the phone symbol (I believe this is the "hands free profile") it just disconnects that profile and it goes grey. How do you "select" it? It does seem that the earlier manual is out of date wrt to wifi, since that option (or WLAN) are not present anywhere in my settings menu system.

Hmm, it seems mine is very different to how i originally remember it. 

I've just been out and disconnected both my WiFi and Bluetooth, I've "unpaired" and "Forgotton" all bluetooth and WiFi to the car and started again. I clicked the Smartlink option and it simply told me the following. 

20220226_115330.thumb.jpg.02191f8bb383b5421e748c6dcd07e402.jpg

I picked Skoda 2968 for both WiFi and Bluetooth, accepted when it asked if the codes were the same and it connected immediately

43 minutes ago, beasty54 said:

Hmm, it seems mine is very different to how i originally remember it. 

I've just been out and disconnected both my WiFi and Bluetooth, I've "unpaired" and "Forgotton" all bluetooth and WiFi to the car and started again. I clicked the Smartlink option and it simply told me the following. 

20220226_115330.thumb.jpg.02191f8bb383b5421e748c6dcd07e402.jpg

I picked Skoda 2968 for both WiFi and Bluetooth, accepted when it asked if the codes were the same and it connected immediately

Thanks - I appreciate the effort. How did you get the screen in your image? I have never seen that screen, or any mention of "wi-fi" across the entire system. If I click the smartlink menu I get options of AA/Apple/Mirrorlink, but if I press any of them it just tells me to connect a device via USB. There do not appear to be any other options on the page.. I'm beginning to wonder if my head unit even has wifi, but how could it not? This is a new SE, 3 weeks old, and all the HW and SW revisions and part numbers appear to match or exceed other systems shown on this thread..

Edit:

Does anyone actually have this option in their front ends? I don't have the item "Wi-fi" underneath settings, as far as I can tell?

Turn on the Infotainment’s WLAN hotspot in the menu item / Wi-Fi /Infotainment system as hotspot / Use as hotspot.

Edited by Mattster21