Recommend me a film to watch...

ColinD

1 hour ago, @Lee said:

I don't know if you've watched it yet, Mick but Banshees is on Film 4 tonight at 8:55 and Film 4 plus 1 at 9:55 👍

Ah!.........I don't think it is on tonight, not unless they are running it a 30x speed as it's only a 5 minute slot. Must be a trailer/making of type thing. Still worth a rental though :) 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Lady Elanore said:

Ah!.........I don't think it is on tonight, not unless they are running it a 30x speed as it's only a 5 minute slot. Must be a trailer/making of type thing. Still worth a rental though /cdn-cgi/mirage/52bc190aa44eb9e3bc1431ddc9246ea0dc3f341415e3dc50c578a567962f1314/1280/https://www.briskoda.net/forums/uploads/emoticons/emoticon-0100-smile.gif 

Bugger. 

Belay that Mick :D

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, @Lee said:

I don't know if you've watched it yet, Mick but Banshees is on Film 4 tonight at 8:55 and Film 4 plus 1 at 9:55 👍

Yes lee i managed to see it ,thought it was really good ,funny and sad 👍

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Watching End to End on Amazon Prime.

George Ezra and a couple of mates walking Lands End to John o’Groats; talking about his career and meeting other musicians en route.

IMHO - entertaining, interesting, great music, great scenery, great filming.

• Like 1

I've just finished Manon Des Sources, having watched Jean De Florette yesterday.  Probably haven't watched either in years.  

Lovely films the pair of them 😎

Gaz

• Like 2

A relatively recently attended a screening of the Wrath of Khan, which was attended by a remarkably well looking 91 year old William Shatner!

Inspired me to start watching the original series again, which is excellent👍

237556693_WS10.thumb.jpg.2335551b07118635bc07bf530b6ceee0.jpg

355989502_WS11.thumb.jpg.9177190e7826b42b8778295aca1cc886.jpg

186795324_WS09.thumb.jpg.a6a4ec77ef0ad153e6f2e48067d874a5.jpg

IMG_20230313_223352.thumb.jpg.7ccf26745250b2ae5a3d924ce077f1db.jpg

👍

WS 04.jpg

• Like 3

I just watched 'Living' with Bill Nighy. It's a gentle and moving drama with great acting. It also looks lovely thanks to it being shot sympathetically in 4:3 aspect ratio (like old telly and old films) and has been graded to give it a slight filmic look. The music is great too. All in all, a moving film with no guns, CGI or superpowers.

I rate it an 8/10 :) 

Edited by Lady Elanore
  • Like 2

A couple of films on BBC4 last night - cold war thrillers with Michael Caine which were preceded by Michael Caine in a documentary titled Michael Caine: Acting in film.
"Michael Caine gives a masterclass on the craft of acting for the silver screen by conducting a workshop with five actors using scenes from some of his films."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001k2q4/michael-caine-acting-in-film

The Ipcress File https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0074sv0/the-ipcress-file

Funeral in Berlin https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001k2q8/funeral-in-berlin

There was nowhere I could think of to post this so this seemed the most relevant place 

Someone asked AI to do Idris Elba as Bond and tbh, I quite like it. I think he'd make a refreshing Bond myself. 

Edited by @Lee

Watched Clerks 3 the other night and very much enjoyed it.

But I’d only recommend it if you’ve seen and liked the previous two. It was a good finale imho. 

On 19/03/2023 at 02:43, @Lee said:

There was nowhere I could think of to post this so this seemed the most relevant place 

Someone asked AI to do Idris Elba as Bond and tbh, I quite like it. I think he'd make a refreshing Bond myself. 

I'd love to see Idris as Bond, I think he would be absolutely awesome in the role, but he's just too old now I think. 

On 19/03/2023 at 02:43, @Lee said:

I  think he's missed his chance. 10-15yr ago I'd have thought he'd make a great Bond, he's 50 now, not sure the public are up for another Bond in his 50s. Moore was the oldest Bond at 57. If Elba did a few films he could be in his 60s doing Bond.
So no, regretfully, I don't think Idris will be Bond.

• Administrators

Could do an old bond story with a whipper snapper to train up.  Some sort of lost father figure story, see it through initial training/ trials of youth and slip away, like the equaliser endings ;)

almost like the last one… or as Sean did in highlander… there are no new stories after all.

but the youthful one becomes the next 007 and on it goes. 

Idris got his just deserved shot at it and what not is continued.

On 28/03/2023 at 20:25, KeithCheetham said:

Leon - timeless classic without the multiple follow-ups that appear to be the norm now. 

One of my all time fav films. Jean Reno is soooooo sexy (oh, that voice make me tingly) :blush

• Like 2

On 03/04/2023 at 15:25, ColinD said:

True, one of the few films I’m glad wasn’t followed up, however sad that it wasn’t. 

Not sure I could see Portman as a leon2 lead.

I would have loved to have seen Natalie Portman as the Hitman/girl, but only as the child. An adult NP wouldn't interest me much. 

• 2 weeks later...

Quite enjoying "Heavy trip"
Not watched all of it yet, never get to watch a whole film these days.

It's Spinal Tap. If Spinal Tap were an undiscovered Finnish metal* band called Impaled Rectum.

*Symphonic post-apocalyptic reindeer-grinding Christ-abusing extreme war pagan Fennoscandian metal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJO26I2kMnw

• 1 month later...

One to avoid - Ad Astra, Brad Pitt.

Isaak Newton would be throwing ghostly apples at the screen of this one. It's got it's interesting moments but belivability is stretched too far (space monkey attack) and if you have a knowledge of basic science or space stuff then it's awful. It's trying too hard to be Solaris and 2001 with bits of Moonraker jammed in.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Going back to Bond momentarily, James Bond died in 'No time to die' and the character '007' was played by a black woman before the title was given back to Bond.
So, 007 could be played by anyone in the next film.  That said, the ending does say 'James Bond will return'.......

Edited by @Lee
  • Like 1