KPH/MPH

I have no idea what to think if this doesn't fit into being an MKIV, given my impression is that this is the all new vehicle. Like I say, sold as an SE First Edition, only had it since December.

Photo as requested.

20210314_151334.jpg

Does any of you have a technical case number for the km/h mph issue?

I asked for mine straight after raising the issue and after following up on the status, I was answered

"We have now had a response from the Skoda UK technical team with advice of comparing with a similar model on site here as this has not been raised previously to them."

I find the above surprising so either the previous cases were ignored by the dealerships or the answer from the Technical team is incorrect...

So got car back today and been told…

the big update back in december/january had 5 recalls only 2 got done, 1 in progress and 2 never got done, this corrupted the system, they also found several units with several faults. So skoda sent them an update to download and try and so far not had an issue, start/stop has worked flawlessly and strangely the car seems to drive better? Anyway will keep an eye out if this has fully solved my issues.

i phoned my dealer regarding this and he said the update did get done (although the other garage has stated it never according to logs) but last week or week before there was another campaign for start/stop and other things so if its true maybe worth u phoning dealers and seeing if another update for your car

1 minute ago, Matmacka said:

the big update back in december/january had 5 recalls only 2 got done, 1 in progress and 2 never got done, this corrupted the system, they also found several units with several faults. So skoda sent them an update to download and try and so far not had an issue, start/stop has worked flawlessly and strangely the car seems to drive better? Anyway will keep an eye out if this has fully solved my issues.

i phoned my dealer regarding this and he said the update did get done (although the other garage has stated it never according to logs) but last week or week before there was another campaign for start/stop and other things so if its true maybe worth u phoning dealers and seeing if another update for your car

Thanks for this.

Do you know when was your car manufactured by any chance and do you have an SE or SE L First Edition?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coume said:

Thanks for this.

Do you know when was your car manufactured by any chance and do you have an SE or SE L First Edition?

hi

i believe it was 12.03.2020 and SE L 1.5tsi manual

• Like 1

Hi All,

Firstly, I've just come back to this topic as work takes me away, with no ability to do 'the internets'.  Seems to have gained more traction! - I'm glad my bit of reasoning/deduction has been of help to people.

I have raised a case with Skoda insisting that due to their lack of an update to the original H/W unit, they need to change out my unit to the later 'E' variant. I have yet to hear anything, but I have also been a 'bit of a pain' to the dealer.

I'm going to add my name to the list of people who are complaining to Honest John - although I don't really read his stuff - if an organisation can apply pressure, then all's good as they say!

Cheers

Phil

2 hours ago, Matmacka said:

Good news.   Let’s hope this all works for you. I’ve have to wait until 7th April before being checked again.  

I had a new error today.  A occupant protection system failure (airbag) warning along with a constant warning of seatbelt not worn, I was wearing it and there was no one and nothing on the passenger seats.  Both were fine after stopping, locking and then unlocking the car again!   

Go figure!  

1 hour ago, MuddyFunster said:

Hi All,

Firstly, I've just come back to this topic as work takes me away, with no ability to do 'the internets'.  Seems to have gained more traction! - I'm glad my bit of reasoning/deduction has been of help to people.

I have raised a case with Skoda insisting that due to their lack of an update to the original H/W unit, they need to change out my unit to the later 'E' variant. I have yet to hear anything, but I have also been a 'bit of a pain' to the dealer.

I'm going to add my name to the list of people who are complaining to Honest John - although I don't really read his stuff - if an organisation can apply pressure, then all's good as they say!

Cheers

Phil

Thanks Phil, the greater the number complaining obviously the greater our chance of prioritising a resolution from Skoda.  Incidentally just heard from a friend who took delivery of his Seat Ibiza last week - that went back to the dealership this morning with serious Infotainment issues.  Seems it's a bit like Covid and VAG are super spreaders!!!!

11 minutes ago, Nosnehm said:

Thanks Phil, the greater the number complaining obviously the greater our chance of prioritising a resolution from Skoda.  Incidentally just heard from a friend who took delivery of his Seat Ibiza last week - that went back to the dealership this morning with serious Infotainment issues.  Seems it's a bit like Covid and VAG are super spreaders!!!!

No worries,

You raise an interesting and relevant issue regarding the Road Vehicles Regulations (1986) so tomorrow I'm going to hit Skoda with that as well.

Cheers!

Phil

1 hour ago, Ajdude said:

Good news.   Let’s hope this all works for you. I’ve have to wait until 7th April before being checked again.  

I had a new error today.  A occupant protection system failure (airbag) warning along with a constant warning of seatbelt not worn, I was wearing it and there was no one and nothing on the passenger seats.  Both were fine after stopping, locking and then unlocking the car again!   

Go figure!  

yeah had this many of times its apparently one of the things fixed in the update

52 minutes ago, Nosnehm said:

What a coincidence mine came of the line on the same date with all the inherent problems as described.

im wrong my build date was  20.08.2020.

i just copied it from my messages to you and realised thats your build date 😂😂

• Like 1

Got mine booked in this week to have the Infotainment looked at, have been advised an update is available and will be applied.

No idea if that means a series of updates, or just the latest (that may supercede all previous updates...don't knoe if that works the same as mobile apps, i.e. if you bought a one year old phone it would only add the latest app updates, not all the seperate updates done in the last year).

Will see what happens and use the vehicle over the weekend before making a judgement.

1 hour ago, Gax said:

Got mine booked in this week to have the Infotainment looked at, have been advised an update is available and will be applied.

No idea if that means a series of updates, or just the latest (that may supercede all previous updates...don't knoe if that works the same as mobile apps, i.e. if you bought a one year old phone it would only add the latest app updates, not all the seperate updates done in the last year).

Will see what happens and use the vehicle over the weekend before making a judgement.

If at all possible can you please try to obtain full details of the update ('Package of Measures') This will be a code similar to; 97EQ which was one released on 25th November last. including details of the 'Criterions' (individual items/components updated on your indivudual car) which will enable us to compare where we each are and clearly show the affected items being updated.  ~One of the major issues we have been suffering is that we are not being kept informed by Skoda.  We can then compare it with our own Infotainment Head Part No and have a definitive.

Many thanks in anticipation and good luck, hope it is successful for you.

• Like 1

This morning I heard back form HJ. I’m now the 10th person to make contact and I’ve forwarded details so he’ll be taking it to Skoda UK too.

Reassuringly my dealer seems to be taking it seriously, with discussion going to senior management; and they have been in touch with Skoda UK themselves. My car, one of the early builds, was fully updated prior to my collection last week.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sneal said:

Reassuringly my dealer seems to be taking it seriously, with discussion going to senior management; and they have been in touch with Skoda UK themselves. My car, one of the early builds, was fully updated prior to my collection last week.

Don't expect a quick response. My dealer has been in touch with the executive office for a few weeks now and they've agreed in principle to my rejecting the car. That was on March 1st and I'm still waiting.

To say the least, I am not impressed. Hopefully HJ can kick them up the rear and make them do something. Has anyone contacted any of the other press consumer columnists?

Hi all, 

Just an update. I too have received a reply from Honest John asking for my permission to persue the case with Skoda UK. 

I'll reply to them in today when I get a chance. 

In other news my Octy decided to present me with ACC, Emergency call and Collision detection system errors as well as a nice disco show from the rear courtesy light on the way to work this morning. 

I'm trying to get hold of my dealer to book it in.. 

Phil

So how does the process work with Honest John folks? Quite a few have provided their details etc. Will they get back to us at some point or?

I'm just not sure how this works. Never went down that road before.

Thanks.

51 minutes ago, neonplanet40 said:

So how does the process work with Honest John folks? Quite a few have provided their details etc. Will they get back to us at some point or?

I'm just not sure how this works. Never went down that road before.

Thanks.

Seems that HJ contacts Skoda UK Head of PR to forward on our complaint/issue.

After emailing him with my issue he asked for permission to share with Skoda, along with a bunch of other details about the car and contact details (all this for GDPR privacy compliance as well as giving Skoda the details they’d need).

• Like 1

'Honest John'  website, as in  the organisation as it is not someone called 'John' anymore or even 'Honest John', http://honestjohn.co.uk as owned by Heycar

can go to the head of VW or Skoda UK, be that a CEO or Brand Director and ask the questions regarding IT and Skoda vehicles of VW Brand Vehicles without acting as an agent for individuals.

If they want to raise individuals particular issues then good.

First they can ask the questions having gathered various owners / drivers experiences and the anecdotal evidence.

If they ask the PR department Spin Doctors they get the spin from the manufacturers & not actual answers from someone on the Board or the person VW have in the job of fronting VW in the UK.

Edited by e-Roottoot
  • Like 1