KPH/MPH

Kate promised to call me Monday with an update on the trials, no phone call.

Called her yesterday , "ill call you back this afternoon when I've spoken to Skoda"....no phone call .Has there been an issue ? Well after so many months of waiting I guess I can wait a little longer .

On 06/09/2021 at 14:27, Skody123 said:

Sounds promising! Does your car now remember the climate sync?

On 06/09/2021 at 16:34, sneal said:

Ah! Dunno!

I never use the Climate Sync but it does remember the temperature settings from one drive top the next. I’ll give it a try over the next few days.

@Skody123 As I haven't previously used Climat eSync on this nor previous cars, I'm not sure what to expect but my experience in the last day or two is...

- Turn on Sync. Driver side display shows 20C, passenger side the word SYNC

- Park up and turn off engine/car

- Two days later, turn on ignition and let the system boot up. Driver side displays 20C, Passenger side displays 20C

I'll try to remember to use Sync a few more times in the coming week and see if the is any difference.

3 hours ago, Kendoddsdadsdogisdead said:

Kate promised to call me Monday with an update on the trials, no phone call.

Called her yesterday , "ill call you back this afternoon when I've spoken to Skoda"....no phone call .Has there been an issue ? Well after so many months of waiting I guess I can wait a little longer .

To be fair, it could be that she was waiting to get feedback from the test update in my car - but I've been distracted/unavailable due to assorted important family stuff 😟

About to call her...

5 hours ago, sneal said:

To be fair, it could be that she was waiting to get feedback from the test update in my car - but I've been distracted/unavailable due to assorted important family stuff 😟

About to call her...

Just had a call from her - she said that they have received feedback from 1 owner, who must be you, and there is another, who they are waiting to speak to still.  They think they may have cracked it but need to wait a little longer for things to be finalised.  

Excellent work!

Edited by Pete

So, my story drags on. Update today from local Skoda garage which has my car. Looks like I'm not getting mine back anytime soon. And now they are trying to find me another car as they could only offer me a petrol courtesy. Which I refused as I drive 500 mile's a week. unless they were paying for fuel.

"Good Afternoon Mark.

Just to let you know the second replacement dash panel has arrived, we have fitted it but the secondary issue is still present. We have fed back to SKODA on this and we are awaiting on further instruction.

I have updated Kate at Customer Services of the situation.

Unfortunately the Sales Department have agreed the sale of the Octavia you are currently using as a replacement car. I have a Karoq DSG here to replace it with. I need to organise a time to do that, can you advise when would suit you?

Kind Regards"

Hi Folks,

Has anyone else had an issue getting a proper alternative loan car? 

I've had a diesel Octavia estate since this whole thing started (apart from one time when it broke too). Now, it has been sold and they are looking to replace it.

However, my local Skoda dealer is unable to provide me with a diesel. So they outsourced it to Europcar. Who are also unable to provide a diesel. In fact, they currently only have a Fiat 500 ?!

But, I drive 500 miles a week. my local garage has tried to say that the different in mileage between a diesel and a petrol is minimal. I know this is ridiculous because it that was the case, I'd likely have just bought a petrol at the beginning.

But where do i stand? A petrol is going to cost my significantly more in fuel. Its also not comparable to my car which they've had since 3 weeks after I bought it! MY local dealer is bearing the brunt of my complaints  (as Kate hasn't been in touch in over 6 weeks). But he has pretty much said that there's nothing they can do if neither he nor eurocar can offer a diesel. And that he needs the car back as its sold. So there's nothing that can be done on their end. I'm not happy with this for obvious reasons. But where do I stand? 

Well, I have had a phone call from Kate today. I was told that they are giving feedback to Technical  and await the go ahead to apply the fix to all the affected cars. Promised another call next Tuesday which is when my car is at the dealership for it’s first service.

Disappointingly the dealership have not initiated any contact with me even though they confirmed that the car was on their board as having outstanding issues.

8 hours ago, neonplanet40 said:

Hi Folks,

I've had a diesel Octavia estate since this whole thing started (apart from one time when it broke too). Now, it has been sold and they are looking to replace it.

However, my local Skoda dealer is unable to provide me with a diesel. So they outsourced it to Europcar. Who are also unable to provide a diesel. In fact, they currently only have a Fiat 500 ?!

But, I drive 500 miles a week. my local garage has tried to say that the different in mileage between a diesel and a petrol is minimal. I know this is ridiculous because it that was the case, I'd likely have just bought a petrol at the beginning.

But where do i stand? A petrol is going to cost my significantly more in fuel. Its also not comparable to my car which they've had since 3 weeks after I bought it! MY local dealer is bearing the brunt of my complaints  (as Kate hasn't been in touch in over 6 weeks). But he has pretty much said that there's nothing they can do if neither he nor eurocar can offer a diesel. And that he needs the car back as its sold. So there's nothing that can be done on their end. I'm not happy with this for obvious reasons. But where do I stand? 

My dealer wanted to swap the loan car too, but I stuck to my guns as it were, as I wanted a car the size of the Octavia estate or bigger. In the end I kept the Octavia for another few weeks till I got my own back. The dealer hadn’t sold it though, so I feel for you.

There are going to be cars somewhere in the Škoda network that suit your needs; perhaps a call to Kate may help in sourcing one? Maybe they’d cover additional fuel cost of a petrol. Worth asking.

• Like 1

On 01/09/2021 at 17:42, Joss1733 said:

It is a open topic about software problems with there cars.i understand everyone has a opinion.yet what gets me people who have rejected there cars keep coming back onto this site.to still complain abouut the rejected cars months after WHY.i would of thought with them having other makes of cars they would be on there web sites.not on a skoda web sites.just my. Opinion.

Probably because we all endured a great deal of misery at the time we had the car and are interested to see if the promises that Skoda made to us were genuine and the 'fix' really was genuine (which it does not appear to be). Over a year down the line and it appears all those reassurances were misplaced and so the customers were being mislead.

In the future I may want to buy another Skoda, this is why I visit this group every so often. There is no way, given the time it is taking to solve this, that I would buy another. Call it consumer research, if you will. If I start to hear things are done, that problems are being treated seriously and the infotainment and other issues are being sorted, I will consider a Skoda in future.

In future, I, like most will go electric, I want to see from this forum, that Skoda would be a good option, so I visit. I also want to sympathise with those that have bought a clearly defective car. Back in the threads, there has been some helpful advice given to the poor souls who buy these cars and whi don't know what on earth to do with the nail they have been sold.

On 09/09/2021 at 11:41, neonplanet40 said:

Hi Folks,

Sorry to hear this. Before I rejected, I was assured I would get a similar car in size. I made sure I made this clear as I have a family. What did I get? I Kamiq! Nothing like the size of a Octavia. Promise made and promise broken!

Good luck fighting your corner with this one. I really hope they sort you out. You deserve better for showing faith in them that they would sort the problem.

On 09/09/2021 at 17:54, spearmg said:

Well, I have had a phone call from Kate today. I was told that they are giving feedback to Technical  and await the go ahead to apply the fix to all the affected cars. Promised another call next Tuesday which is when my car is at the dealership for it’s first service.

Disappointingly the dealership have not initiated any contact with me even though they confirmed that the car was on their board as having outstanding issues.

It is obvious that they need to refit the sel fe with a new head unit. Why they have not done it can only be because they don't want to spend the money. Its shocking customer relations.

29 minutes ago, OctaviaFirstEdit said:

It is obvious that they need to refit the sel fe with a new head unit. Why they have not done it can only be because they don't want to spend the money. Its shocking customer relations.

Should have the full thread before commenting.

I really hope for you all that this fix has everything sorted. I will certainly look to come back to the mk iv if they have now cracked all of the problems.

Fingers crossed for all of you.

2 hours ago, OctaviaFirstEdit said:

Should have the full thread before commenting.

I really hope for you all that this fix has everything sorted. I will certainly look to come back to the mk iv if they have now cracked all of the problems.

Fingers crossed for all of you.

I was just reading your comments and thought… “hope he’s read through to the end…” - so thanks for this last one.

Its been a week since I picked up my car with the replacement dashboard and associated updates - so far, all is well. Covered about 300 miles with no problems. KPH/MPH, ACC, Climate Sync, Škoda Connect, Lane Assist - all working fine. And subjectively, boot up seems quicker than before and the whole infotainment system feels more responsive. 
oh! And getting about 55mpg too - not bad for a 1.5tsi

It’s been a while, but I’ve now got the smile back when I go for a drive😊😊

Edited by sneal
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sneal said:

I was just reading your comments and thought… “hope he’s read through to the end…” - so thanks for this last one.

Its been a week since I picked up my car with the replacement dashboard and associated updates - so far, all is well. Covered about 300 miles with no problems. KPH/MPH, ACC, Climate Sync, Škoda Connect, Lane Assist - all working fine. And subjectively, boot up seems quicker than before and the whole infotainment system feels more responsive. 
oh! And getting about 55mpg too - not bad for a 1.5tsi

It’s been a while, but I’ve now got the smile back when I go for a drive😊😊

Yes, I really should have read to the end before commenting! What an idiot!!

Fabulous to hear about your car! So pleased for you. Let's hope Skoda now get this rolled out to all the others who have stayed so patient.

• Thanks 1

What an idiot!!

Not at all - just a healthy dose of skepticism 😉

Fabulous to hear about your car! So pleased for you. Let's hope Skoda now get this rolled out to all the others who have stayed so patient.

Thanks. I think they’re gathering feedback/confirmation from mine and a second car, then plan a roll out. Hopefully not to long now…

I’m now so pleased I hung on in there, but there were times I doubted my sanity & the wisdom of doing so!

• Like 1

Well guys what a pleasant surprise today when my local Skoda dealership contacted me and offered me the full value of my car purchase against a new Superb, I snatched their hand off as my previous car was a Superb and was a great motor .Keep complaining and you'll get the reward 

Well, update from me. They managed to source me a diesel Passat. However, it is a vastly inferior trim to my Octavia. No ACC etc. I am getting to the end of my pateience waiting now. I think i'll give them another month then demand a full refund and go elsewhere. I believe I've gave them more than enough time. 

@snealIt will be interesting to see if they do further SW updates on yours or whether it will remain @ 1668 since it looks like people of revision B onwards get upgraded to 1806 now and version F. I don't believe anyone with revision A (no letter) moved to F and 1806 yet.

8 hours ago, Coume said:

@snealIt will be interesting to see if they do further SW updates on yours or whether it will remain @ 1668 since it looks like people of revision B onwards get upgraded to 1806 now and version F. I don't believe anyone with revision A (no letter) moved to F and 1806 yet.

Yes, an interesting one...

To date the problems I was experiencing have been fixed without the need for a change to the Infotainment System, which in my case doesn't have any suffix Revision letter and running on software version 1668; and I haven't [yet] experienced the Nav memory, SOS call, etc faults. From what I have read elsewhere in this forum, the latter revisions (E & F) with the latest software seem to have fixed many of the other issues, whereas some intermediate revisions would appear to suffer with them.

This would appear to confirm something that Kate Laws said to me way back in April or May - that to swap the system component to a Revision C, or D, was way too simplistic. That wasn't to say these components didn't have faults, just that there are several in the car one or more of which may have faults.

It has become clear to me that the later revisions enable some other 'features'. So for example, the App on my iPhone doesn't display the lock & unlock buttons which suggests the car doesn't support that function (if it did, and I wasn't a fully authorised main owner, then the buttons would be there but 'greyed out'). CarPlay displaying directions on the Virtual Cockpit doesn't work for me either, whereas I read that it does on later revisions.

I could ask if they'd update mine to Rev. F and 1806 - but I'm in a dilemma; if it ain't broke don't fix it !