KPH/MPH

37 minutes ago, neonplanet40 said:

No worries. This is the one I no longer get any replies from. 

Do you have a case number? If so put that in the subject line, or the reg. number. Should help route it to the right person.

Good luck…

Edited by sneal

Yep. I've done that. I used to get a reply. But not for around 3 months now. I have to contact me dealer who just reports back that Kate has no update. AS if that's an acceptable update. But sure, that's how it is. 

I do find it interesting that we are all losing 1 years warranty cover and not needing mot's etc. That's if we get them back after a year :D

1 hour ago, neonplanet40 said:

I do find it interesting that we are all losing 1 years warranty cover and not needing mot's etc. That's if we get them back after a year :D

Yeah, but...

... on the other hand, I had five months driving a loan car, with full warranty cover, breakdown cover, and put 8500 miles on it. As of now, my own car is just over 1yr old with only 5300 miles on the clock.

In some ways having the loan car also did me the favour of one heck of an extended test drive in a DSG equipped Octavia Mk4 Estate; my next car will like be a DSG (or equivalent). OK, it didn't have all the bells and whistles that I'd paid for in my own and I am mighty glad I now have it back - I never knew how much I needed heated seats 😄

Really hope you get a resolution for your car soon...

I have this morning received a call from the Service Manager at my dealer advising me that they have received a new 'Instrument Cluster' from Skoda. I take it they mean a virtual dashboard. The car is booked in for 22nd November for this to be installed. Just hope it works! Disappointingly this is the first contact I have had from the dealership regarding this matter despite them being copied in on some of the emails. 

• Like 3

Got an email to confirm that mine is ready for collection.

Asked confirmation that all pending campaigns were done prior to collecting it so I guess I should have it very soon.

• Like 2

I’ve also had contact today to inform me that a replacement virtual cockpit has been ordered for my car and the dealer will be in touch to book me in for a swap.

• Like 1

FYI, collected the car earlier today, my no suffix is now updated to an F variant and software 1810 so it answers my previous query on whether no suffix PNs would see the 18xx SW revisions.

IMG_5004.jpg

Too early to say if all is resolved as I just drove 19miles since collection.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coume said:

FYI, collected the car earlier today, my no suffix is now updated to an F variant and software 1810 so it answers my previous query on whether no suffix PNs would see the 18xx SW revisions.

IMG_5004.jpg

Interesting.

A different fix (or more extensive fix) to that applied to mine!

Must be a configuration management nightmare!

Anyway, hope it resolves the issues and you can relax & enjoy the car…

1 hour ago, Coume said:

IMG_5004.jpg

Did you get update 91CP?

Seems I already had the new part fitted but this caused subsequent errors they have yet to fix. As such, still no ETA or return of my car. Well jealous of those of you who are now resolved or at least have a date. 

It should be noted that the new dash etc and error dates back to the 17 August. So no progress since then.

"Dear Mr 

Thank you for your recent contact.

In regards to the mph/km issue I can confirm that a part has already been fitted to your vehicle. Unfortunately your vehicle has developed a further issue which is currently being investigated by the retailer. They are liaising directly with the factory in regards to this and we are hoping to have a resolution shortly."

Edited by neonplanet40

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, TheUltraRunner said:

Does anyone know what 69BN stands for? What is this particular update for?

The best description I have found is “W-Software update Octavia IV” - which is a bit vague to say the least 

• Like 1

My car has been in today for a new virtual dashboard. That has solved the kph/mph issue and the satnav now works in miles. Hoorah! Only taken 14 months! Sorry haven’t looked at the system information details yet.

Disappointingly I was advised that there were also recalls for software updates. Although these take a couple of hours I said to go ahead as I was already there and it would save a return visit. They then discovered that control unit was faulty and needed replacement before the updates could be carried out.

I did express my dissatisfaction with the lack of any support from the dealership but I didn’t get any positive response. I suspect this will be the last Skoda I buy.

My virtual dashboard was replaced 3 weeks ago & resolved the mph/kph problems. A couple of days later I was asked to book the car in again as a few more software recalls had arisen. Took it in last week but they were unable to apply the updates. The way it was explained to me was that the computer/control box

that they use to connect to the car had a problem (it had recently been updated itself), rather than a fault with the car.

They should make this into a tv series, but it would probably be turned down as too unrealistic.

I've got my car back as well and it has had all the most recent updates I believe. So far so good. Unfortunately, the free year of the online connect services has expired. I never got to take advantage of them.

I have contacted Skoda.U.K. to log my issues, including kmh, losing Bluetooth connectivity, not being able to remember PIN (car not me!) and losing settings. I am aware of lucky people who have already/are receiving new hardware before latest software. My dealer has me waiting for months because they say that Skoda have not released sw update for eg Bluetooth known-issue. 

So after 14 months of ownership it appears I may be a long way yet from resolution. ☹️

What have others done to expedite progress from ‘wait for Skoda to release’ sw fix to…. ‘ you are due a new head unit and then the latest sw updates’ ?🤷‍♂️

4 hours ago, PoloPaul said:

I have contacted Skoda.U.K. to log my issues, including kmh, losing Bluetooth connectivity, not being able to remember PIN (car not me!) and losing settings. I am aware of lucky people who have already/are receiving new hardware before latest software. My dealer has me waiting for months because they say that Skoda have not released sw update for eg Bluetooth known-issue. 

So after 14 months of ownership it appears I may be a long way yet from resolution. ☹️

What have others done to expedite progress from ‘wait for Skoda to release’ sw fix to…. ‘ you are due a new head unit and then the latest sw updates’ ?🤷‍♂️

I think many of us have had a case logged with Škoda UK which was then managed through their Exec Office. In my case they did a lot of the liaising with the dealer over the diagnostics and supply of new component. Meanwhile I was putting loads of mileage on a loan car.

It also seems that some have had more components changed than others, For example, some have a replacement Infotainment unit whereas in May case it was just the virtual cockpit (VC) unit and associated s/ware - the ‘System Information’ hasn’t changed in mine, still on the early 1668 s/w release but since the VC was installed (and a further update for the SOS s/w) all has been working fine. I’ve not experienced the BlueTooth connectivity or PIN issues you mention so can’t comment on those, sorry.

It’d be worth you contacting Škoda UK and getting a case raised, push for it to be escalated to the Executive Office - you’ve had the fault for 14 months and you know others have had thier cases escalated so you have a good precedent.

Good luck…

26 minutes ago, sneal said:

I think many of us have had a case logged with Škoda UK which was then managed through their Exec Office. In my case they did a lot of the liaising with the dealer over the diagnostics and supply of new component. Meanwhile I was putting loads of mileage on a loan car.

It also seems that some have had more components changed than others, For example, some have a replacement Infotainment unit whereas in May case it was just the virtual cockpit (VC) unit and associated s/ware - the ‘System Information’ hasn’t changed in mine, still on the early 1668 s/w release but since the VC was installed (and a further update for the SOS s/w) all has been working fine. I’ve not experienced the BlueTooth connectivity or PIN issues you mention so can’t comment on those, sorry.

It’d be worth you contacting Škoda UK and getting a case raised, push for it to be escalated to the Executive Office - you’ve had the fault for 14 months and you know others have had thier cases escalated so you have a good precedent.

Good luck…

Thanks sneal. Retaining  1668 is an interesting piece of info. 🤔

I have an active case going with Skoda Servce U.K. for six months now. They say Bluetooth disconnect is a ‘known issue’ awaiting sw fix. They say there is no sw update yet written for this. I have - on the advise of this forum - tried to contact Kate Ross @executive directly myself but got an odd auto-reply from VAG! I raised the escalation issue with my ongoing Skoda.service case-handler as well and am waiting to hear back. 

Thank you and I shall report back on progress.

• Like 1