system update mib 3

FInally :) 

Just updated my Bolero MY21 (H22 0270) with new navigation database (yes, bolero MY21 has it). 

Instructions EXACTLY as I've posted above:

1) Download zip.

2) Extract to NTFS flash drive

3) Insert flash drive and keep Bolero on for some time.

No need to click update or somehting similar! Just keep your head unit on!

I was driving around for 1h, using wireless carplay for music and navigation as usual. After 1h I still had 19.11 (factory). After 1h I've performed "hard reset" by holding "on" button on Bolero for 20 seconds. After that I saw 20.7.

(may be 20 minutes is enough, I don't now)

(I'm pretty sure that process took less than 1h, but version in system info updated only after bolero reboot)

That's it :)

Edited by batal
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Capitanharlock said:

Anyone knows what is the last European nav database?

Mine is 20.10, and a friend of mine has 20.11 ( his car his newer than mine).

My nav database is 20.11 it was 20.10 when I got the car and when I looked after an OTA update it had changed.

Well mine has just updated. Following the advice from @batalabove (thanks!), I did a hard reset on my Columbus by holding down the power button and when it restarted the navigation version had gone from 19 11 to 20 10. The update files had been sitting on an NTFS formatted flash drive, plugged into the car, since last year but it's only now after the reboot that they appear to have been recognised.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Blackbat said:

Well mine has just updated. Following the advice from @batalabove (thanks!), I did a hard reset on my Columbus by holding down the power button and when it restarted the navigation version had gone from 19 11 to 20 10. The update files had been sitting on an NTFS formatted flash drive, plugged into the car, since last year but it's only now after the reboot that they appear to have been recognised.

That's great news! We seem to have discovered something that Skoda UK don't know about!! 

Chris

On 30/01/2021 at 18:10, batal said:

https://www.drive2.com/l/577482199679370293/

Was:

spacer.png

now:

spacer.png

here is how we in Russia update maps. You can use google translate :)

Copy-paste:

1. Download the archive
2. Unpack it to a USB flash drive (format in NTFS)
3. Insert the radio from the USB and drive for 20-30 minutes (or leave it running), everything happens automatically)

Batal this is great,
I will definitely try this...which USB port you used! The front C or middle A?

On 30/01/2021 at 18:10, batal said:

https://www.drive2.com/l/577482199679370293/

Was:

spacer.png

now:

spacer.png

here is how we in Russia update maps. You can use google translate :)

Copy-paste:

1. Download the archive
2. Unpack it to a USB flash drive (format in NTFS)
3. Insert the radio from the USB and drive for 20-30 minutes (or leave it running), everything happens automatically)

Batal this is great,

11 hours ago, Ber31inger said:

Kodiaq (MIB3) has only TypeC :) And only 2 of them connected to Headunit (near to DSG shifter).

You need to use any port that your head unit can work with (play music from flash drive connected to it).

12 hours ago, FilipC said:

no update for me though, still 'stuck' on 20.7 after ~45min drive with the stick plugged in, with or w/o reseting Columbus

Maybe you need more time... 

Unfortunately did not work for my MY21 Superb :-( left it on for 2 hours with the USB-C port, maps on the FAT32 USB stick, hard reset after 2 hours but still the same version. I than tried to do the update through the service menu but no luck, showing this error

IMG_20210202_143323.jpg

2 minutes ago, Ber31inger said:

Unfortunately did not work for my MY21 Superb :-( left it on for 2 hours with the USB-C port, maps on the FAT32 USB stick, hard reset after 2 hours but still the same version. I than tried to do the update through the service menu but no luck, showing this error

IMG_20210202_143323.jpg

One thought... batal mentioned using a NTFS formatted USB stick, so perhaps this is vital?

Chris

It's suggested that an NTFS formatted memory stick is used, although I don't see how that can really make a difference. Did you have the map files unzipped? For my Kodiaq there are almost 700 folders named MIB31* on the root of the memory stick.

7 minutes ago, Blackbat said:

It's suggested that an NTFS formatted memory stick is used, although I don't see how that can really make a difference. Did you have the map files unzipped? For my Kodiaq there are almost 700 folders named MIB31* on the root of the memory stick.

Ah sorry, yes it was NTFS and the maps were unzipped, withe 3500+ files on hundreds of folders...would you mind to share the zip file you used to do the uodate?

Just a random thought - unit says "signature file not found". Means the package is missing the file.

Switch off all the antivirus programs you have (including native MS Defnder, if you are using Windows. Sometimes it tends to block files it doesn`t recognise.

And download the map files again.

3 minutes ago, Blackbat said:

The zip file is specific to the VIN I believe, but the one I downloaded for my MY21 Kodiaq was this: 

http://infotainment-cdn.skoda-auto.com/base/maps/OI_P41_EU_202025_Offline_Update.zip

Thank you...I wanted to download the zip file based on my VIN but they must have changed something as now when quoting update through my VIN, it shows there is no update available...last week it was showing there is one

31 minutes ago, Ber31inger said:

IMG_20210202_143323.jpg

Although I've yet to try the install, there's no .sig files on my USB either.

Just wondering what you meant by you...   tried to do the update thru the service menu.   Service Menu - what's that?  Anytime I tried to run update via the option on infotainment, it never said it was looking for a file. How long did you have to wait before the missing .sig file error message appeared?

Edit:  I'm getting so confused with all of this so apologies if I missed it, but where did NTFS come from? My USB drive is setup FAT32.  I thought these systems could only read FAT32?

Edited by Guest

30 minutes ago, Ber31inger said:

Unfortunately did not work for my MY21 Superb

What hardware and software version do you have? Maybe it's differ from ours.

As I know for all Kodiaq\Karoq MY21: 

H22 and SW 0270