Delivery times?

23 hours ago, SkodaCB said:

Got an update from my dealer today.

Car is to be built week 18(April 26th) and without any delays should be in Ireland end of May start of June, so looking at about 13 weeks in total from ordering, and I included ~€3k of optional extras on the car which I thought would have a knock on effect but seems to be no hold ups. 

Don't hold your breath, I ordered mine in the 1st week of Jan and was told It'd be a ten week delivery time. I've since been told it'll be week 22. Ordered in Northern Ireland though, so they make be taking a brexit huff and putting us down the list lol

Update from dealer today: car may now arrive in May?! Checked with Skoda and yep, status code 20 for build week 15 (week commencing 12th April). The chap did recommend speaking to them again nearer the time though, which does suggest it may move again. 

I Ordered vRS estate in meteor grey with DCC on 16th Feb, given estimate of June for delivery. Contacted again on around 13th March to say this changed to unconfirmed build week 26.

FYI for anyone interested, I emailed dealer last week asking about changing order to mamba green: they said it's not available at the mo but will be in the future. 

• Like 1

I'm picking mine up tomorrow, ordered 14/12/2020. Good job I'm working overnight as I probably wouldn't of got much sleep! 

I'm feeling a bit apprehensive after reading about all the software issues on this forum, I'm hoping most of them will have been addressed now. 

• Love it! 1

3 hours ago, Aarond said:

Update from dealer today: car may now arrive in May?! Checked with Skoda and yep, status code 20 for build week 15 (week commencing 12th April). The chap did recommend speaking to them again nearer the time though, which does suggest it may move again. 

I Ordered vRS estate in meteor grey with DCC on 16th Feb, given estimate of June for delivery. Contacted again on around 13th March to say this changed to unconfirmed build week 26.

FYI for anyone interested, I emailed dealer last week asking about changing order to mamba green: they said it's not available at the mo but will be in the future. 

Good news mate. 
My order is showing on the system as 10th Feb, meteor grey 4x4 vRS estate with Canton. Still no build week confirmed. So you’ve done ok with that. Hope it sticks to that timeline now too for you. 👍🏼 

7 minutes ago, BacktoaVRS said:

I'm picking mine up tomorrow, ordered 14/12/2020. Good job I'm working overnight as I probably wouldn't of got much sleep! 

I'm feeling a bit apprehensive after reading about all the software issues on this forum, I'm hoping most of them will have been addressed now. 

I can understand why you might be worried as one of the threads is now 17 pages long, but as yours is a newer build I'd suggest it might not have any of the tech gremlins. 

Enjoy your first drive tomorrow man, exciting times! 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Skodev said:

Good news mate. 
My order is showing on the system as 10th Feb, meteor grey 4x4 vRS estate with Canton. Still no build week confirmed. So you’ve done ok with that. Hope it sticks to that timeline now too for you. 👍🏼 

Hopefully we're in the same boat @Skodev (figuratively and physically)!  You've picked a good car there @Skodev and I would have picked similar but don't do the miles anymore to warrant a diesel. When I changed job roles and moved back to the city, my previous diesel vRS used to moan at the new driving style

Edited by Aarond

2 hours ago, BacktoaVRS said:

mines a feb build and doesn’t have half the issues that have been reported on some of the earlier builds.  Some annoying qlitches but they are pushing software updates out on the network so am assuming they will gradually get better

2 hours ago, Aarond said:

Hopefully we're in the same boat @Skodev (figuratively and physically)!  You've picked a good car there @Skodev and I would have picked similar but don't do the miles anymore to warrant a diesel. When I changed job roles and moved back to the city, my previous diesel vRS used to moan at the new driving style

Would be made up our cars were sharing the same crossing pal. 
Yeah on 12k a year still, so diesel is still a no brainier for me. Went 4x4 this time because my 2015 diesel vRS used have that horrible judder every time I got enthusiastic from standstill, so I fancied some cleaner getaways this time. 😎👍🏼

6 hours ago, Aarond said:

Is the dealer checking this for you?

34 minutes ago, Wonderloaf said:

Is the dealer checking this for you?

The dealer emailed me today without me asking for an update and I spoke with Skoda UK on the web chat thing. Not that I don't trust my dealer, it's just he didn't answer my question about build weeks and I was on lunch break at work. What else are you going to do when you're new shiney car may arrive 3 months before you thought! I'll check for updates with Skoda myself, as it's super easy.

Edited by Aarond

Just now, Aarond said:

The dealer emailed me today without me asking for an update and I spoke with Skoda UK on the web chat thing. Not that I don't trust my dealer, it's just he didn't answer my question about build weeks and I was on lunch break at work. What else are you going to do when you're new shiney car may arrive 3 months before you thought! 

Mines going to arrive three months later than I thought lol

May have to hassle the dealer a bit more :P

58 minutes ago, Skodev said:

Would be made up our cars were sharing the same crossing pal. 
Yeah on 12k a year still, so diesel is still a no brainier for me. Went 4x4 this time because my 2015 diesel vRS used have that horrible judder every time I got enthusiastic from standstill, so I fancied some cleaner getaways this time. 😎👍🏼

I have the same issue in my current and previous car, but I think a harder dogbone mount may reduce that significantly and might be quite a cheap fix. I'll find a link in a bit and post, think it's a common thing on the MK3 list of basic upgrades for vRS/golf etc.

5 minutes ago, Aarond said:

I have the same issue in my current and previous car, but I think a harder dogbone mount may reduce that significantly and might be quite a cheap fix. I'll find a link in a bit and post, think it's a common thing on the MK3 list of basic upgrades for vRS/golf etc.

Yeah and it’s totally self inflicted. If you gave it less beans, it’s was perfectly fine, but the times you fancied giving it some, then the torque through the front wheels just seemed to overwhelm it a little and it’d be juddering about a bit. 

The CARWOW review with Matt Watson is a great example of how I used to feel when it happened, you felt like you were hurting your own car. 😢 

Anyway, fingers crossed I’ll have some update of my own to post soon. 🤞🏼👍🏼

• Like 1

Im picking my up this week, VRS 4X4 estate in meteor grey with Canton, tow bar. Pan roof & DCC.,

was ordered on the 12/12/20 and was told the build would be 12-25 weeks so 16 weeks is not bad.

When I ordered mine I was told by the dealer they’ve 2 systems,

one system was telling them 12 weeks the other was 25 weeks!

Its perfect timing as my current lease a mk3 VRS ends on the 13/04

8 hours ago, dave03 said:

Im picking my up this week, VRS 4X4 estate in meteor grey with Canton, tow bar. Pan roof & DCC.,

was ordered on the 12/12/20 and was told the build would be 12-25 weeks so 16 weeks is not bad.

Almost the same as mine @dave03  but you’ve got a few extras. Would you mind posting your first impressions of the Canton please when you take delivery? 

1 hour ago, Skodev said:

Almost the same as mine @dave03  but you’ve got a few extras. Would you mind posting your first impressions of the Canton please when you take delivery? 

Will do Skodev

Apologies @TheUltraRunner, I was assuming what you meant there! Share this link with your friend, it's just the link to live chat on "contact us" page https://www.skoda.co.uk/discover/contact-us#error-internal-uri=Invalid URI. Minimum number of URI segments is 3. 

Your friend doesn'tneed their order number if they don't have it, just knowledge of what they ordered and on what date (Skoda let you know the order number if you don't have it, which makes it quicker on future conversations). 

• Like 1