Delivery times?

1 hour ago, GreenlineIIEstate said:

Ordered a built car beginning of March and collected it today.

vRS tsi dsg estate in race blue with reverse cam. 

They told me it was a rare car because if I factory ordered the same car today it wouldn't arrive before Jan/Feb next year. Not sure how true this is but they appeared serious.

Apparently the manual isn't quite as long a wait.

Only driven it about 20 miles so far but absolutely love the thing.

I thought it was you on the vRS Owners Facebook page 👍🏼

7 hours ago, Shelvock said:

I honestly wouldn't bother with your dealer @Wonderloaf, go straight to Skoda UK Customer Service Live Chat and just give them your order number, they will tell you exactly what stage your order is at 👍🏼

I don't see how the dealer can realistically give you a delivery date until the car is built and in the UK, I've hardly bothered with my dealer since I placed the order.

My car is a company car and as such it’s through a lease company. So I have no way of giving details to the chat as I don’t know how the car has been ordered. 

I asked the lease company to check and it’s not even being built until week 23! Absolute joke considering it was ordered the first week of Jan and I was told it would be with me by week ten. 

I think I’ve had enough and I’m probably going to cancel the order and try to find something else. 

oh and for anyone else wondering about order times the dealer has said anything ordered right now won’t be delivered until week 13 of 2022

Edited by Wonderloaf
  • Groan 1

By any chance did you spec the Canton upgrade @Wonderloaf

Trying to understand how @Aarond
and I both have cars built waiting at the docks for transport to the UK when we ordered after yourself and some other that are still waiting? The common option with those that are facing huge build times seems to be the stereo upgrade?

Reading all this, I just can't find a logical conclusion. Someone who later ordered the vehicle got it earlier than someone who ordered it a couple of months earlier. In Croatia, delivery is 7 months for DSG, 6 for manual transmission (saloon version).

I believe it's all down to the global shortage of semiconductors, from what I've read car companies are having to go through orders and pick the ones that they have the parts available to build, rather than just building the orders as they receive them. So cars with more electrical components such as DSG, Canton, Reversing camera, are going to be pushed back as the components simply aren't available. It's not just Skoda experiencing these set backs it's the whole industry.

12 hours ago, Bomber987 said:

Reading all this, I just can't find a logical conclusion. Someone who later ordered the vehicle got it earlier than someone who ordered it a couple of months earlier. In Croatia, delivery is 7 months for DSG, 6 for manual transmission (saloon version).

It's possibly a Takt time issue.

At Toyota (I'd imagine it's not too different for Skoda), the Takt time is time it takes for a car to move from one station on the production line to the next. The time it takes for parts to be fitted is timed to the tenth of a second, and each station is tasked to fit parts so the average time taken is close to the Takt time for maximum efficiency. I say average because it may be that the only way to fit certain parts (say the Canton radio) is for it to take slightly longer than the Takt time. 

Obviously in this case, they can't send too many cars with Canton radios down the line in a row as the assembly worker will get further and further behind, causing quality issues and/or line stoppages. So they'll sequence, say three Amundsens and one Canton. Frustrating for those that want all the toys, but rejigging a production line is time consuming and expensive, and I imagine a complete no-go in this troubled times.

• Like 1

Bottom line, covid started, lots of manufacturers stopped production, planning there will be no demand on goods, to gat back on tract takes time. 

what we see here chips from China is issue, if not that then Brexit, which was a biggest mistake

11 minutes ago, janis said:

Bottom line, covid started, lots of manufacturers stopped production, planning there will be no demand on goods, to gat back on tract takes time. 

what we see here chips from China is issue, if not that then Brexit, which was a biggest mistake

The semiconductor problem was also the car industry not watching lead times.  Having not placed orders (due to Covid slowdowns) they failed to spot the semiconductor manufacturers got loads of orders for mobile devices and laptops etc.

Then there was fire at a plant in Japan, and problems during the cold weather in Texas which cut semiconductor production capacity.

So when they started ordering again, discovered there would be huge delays. I think other manufacturers have also had to stop production lines.  I’m aware of Jaguar cutting at Halewood and another plant.  The mini plant in Oxford having 3 day stoppage, probably others as well.

Back to the real world, there is alternative of walking into a dealer and taking anything in stock and getting within 2-3 days, or waiting upto 3 weeks for any unallocated car at UK dockside compound, or waiting bit longer for one that is at Emden and needs to be shipped to UK.  Or placing a factory order which might not be delivered by Christmas.

You guys may or may not be aware: how hard is it to get a current gen PlayStation or Xbox? In most markets it's tricky and it will likely be until next year. An article I shared in another thread suggested availability of consoles may have some alignment with availability of factory ordered cars

13 hours ago, Bomber987 said:

Screenshot_20210429-182736_Samsung Internet.jpg

měsíců is months in Czech

8 months wait for Octavia Estate (probably 9 months allowing for shipping to UK dealer), so early 2022

Hi all.

Have been following this thread with interest. I ordered a petrol DSG estate in mid Feb, don't need it until 1 September to replace existing lease car but dealer said there was as 5 - 6 months lead time so as I was happy with the price and spec etc I placed the order (is a business lease via VWFS).

After reading on here about the live chat and as I do have the order number I though I may as well ask if it had been allocated a build date yet and hoping that I was not going to be told that it had been pushed back until Xmas or something.

To my surprise they just told me that it has already been built and is at the port awaiting shipment to the UK. So will arrive in mid May three and a half months before I need it. A bit strange in my opinion and I don't like the idea of it being "sat around" for 15 weeks prior to delivery.

On 28/04/2021 at 22:34, Bomber987 said:

maybe today , but ive ordered mine in late jannuary , its delivered on 15.04.2021-, with full gear , dcc, camera, electrical seats , etc. 

1 minute ago, bolix said:

maybe today , but ive ordered mine in late jannuary , its delivered on 15.04.2021-, with full gear , dcc, camera, electrical seats , etc. 

image.thumb.png.f823cf3779246d37fd54fa2463992776.png

• Like 1
  • Love it! 3

On 28/04/2021 at 19:34, Shelvock said:

By any chance did you spec the Canton upgrade @Wonderloaf

Trying to understand how @Aarond
and I both have cars built waiting at the docks for transport to the UK when we ordered after yourself and some other that are still waiting? The common option with those that are facing huge build times seems to be the stereo upgrade?

Yeah I went for diesel Estate, Canton, winter pack, reversing camera, travel assist and DCC

Ive just ordered a Moon White Manual 245 VRS estate with spare wheel and panoramic roof and dealer told me factory build is 10 weeks. After reading this post im less confident in that timescale but I will chase it in a couple of weeks and will give you an update. 

1 hour ago, Hoops85 said:

Ive just ordered a Moon White Manual 245 VRS estate with spare wheel and panoramic roof and dealer told me factory build is 10 weeks. After reading this post im less confident in that timescale but I will chase it in a couple of weeks and will give you an update. 

My dealer said it'll be next March for anything ordered today. I was also told mine would take 10 weeks to begin with :(

• Like 1