Delivery times?

On 30/03/2021 at 18:29, SkodaCB said:

Got an update from my dealer today.

Car is to be built week 18(April 26th) and without any delays should be in Ireland end of May start of June, so looking at about 13 weeks in total from ordering, and I included ~€3k of optional extras on the car which I thought would have a knock on effect but seems to be no hold ups. 

So just a quick update on my original post, dealer rang me today. He could have the car in the dealership by next weekend depending on how full the ferry is to Dublin port.

He will contact me next week to confirm for definite but having the car in a little over 10 weeks from initial order and all the optional extras is one hell of a result. 

• Like 1

Yeah, it's a shame you couldn't order those items even if you wanted to. I think most of those you selected come as standard on the English spec vRS, apart from the leather option seats, net/boot thingies and I think the traffic light recognition comes with whatever pack includes the heads-up display. 

Exciting times though man! 

44 minutes ago, Aarond said:

Yeah, it's a shame you couldn't order those items even if you wanted to. I think most of those you selected come as standard on the English spec vRS, apart from the leather option seats, net/boot thingies and I think the traffic light recognition comes with whatever pack includes the heads-up display. 

Exciting times though man! 

Ah sorry man it's the Style version I've gone for this time round, comfort has now over taken speed 😂 I think it'd be the SE-L spec equivalent in the UK but we get the reverse camera, scrolling rear indicators and 18" wheels as standard but no option of electric boot, rear heated seats or matrix LED lighting. 

Certainly exciting though I'll be checking marine finder religiously once I get word on shipping.

• Like 1

On 04/05/2021 at 15:49, SkodaCB said:

So just a quick update on my original post, dealer rang me today. He could have the car in the dealership by next weekend depending on how full the ferry is to Dublin port.

He will contact me next week to confirm for definite but having the car in a little over 10 weeks from initial order and all the optional extras is one hell of a result. 

Awesome news @SkodaCB My Octavia was set for production for week 16, i didn't get any updates yet from dealer i need to call him tomorrow. It is possible that my car gonna be on the same ferry as yours :)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Arturski said:

Awesome news @SkodaCB My Octavia was set for production for week 16, i didn't get any updates yet from dealer i need to call him tomorrow. It is possible that my car gonna be on the same ferry as yours :)

I got an update from dealer today. 

Car will be delivered to Dublin port tomorrow, happy days. I guesing two weeks for car collection

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Aarond said:

Delivery update: my order arrived at Grimsby docks on 5th May. Might be time to check if yours was on same boat @Shelvock

Oh that's great news, I hope you're right and mine was on that boat too, I shall give them a message this evening 👍🏼👍🏼

4 hours ago, Aarond said:

Delivery update: my order arrived at Grimsby docks on 5th May. Might be time to check if yours was on same boat @Shelvock

Ahh balls just messaged them and mines still in Emden 😭

4 hours ago, Arturski said:

I got an update from dealer today. 

Car will be delivered to Dublin port tomorrow, happy days. I guesing two weeks for car collection

Looks like our cars are off the coast of Cornwall on the Parana at the moment. Dealer rang me just there, should be in Waterford tomorrow or Saturday and will be ready for collection middle of next week 😁

4 hours ago, Shelvock said:

Ahh balls just messaged them and mines still in Emden 😭

Aww man, still so close though! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Aarond said:

Nice result there @Aarond 👌 and sorry for the slightly further wait @Shelvock hopefully it'll be on the next ship 🙏

• Thanks 1

On 10/03/2021 at 15:51, sicone said:

Ordered my Black Magic Pearl vRS manual hatch last week (only addition was the space saver spare) and have a delivery estimate of mid August (though the dealer will hold it until Sept for the plate change)

Just been told my car's production has been set to week 19 (this week) and should allegedly be with the dealer within a month. Not going to hold my breath, but if it does arrive as promised it will has been 13 weeks from date of order rather than the original 23 weeks quoted.

My order was built week 15 (around 12th April), it arrives at dealer today/tomorrow and I'm due to collect it on Sunday of this week. I did the DVLA registration thing today too. Ordered Feb 16th so might just hit the estimate of 12 weeks!

It pays to have cynical mind, but you never know @sicone it might all just work out! 

3 hours ago, Aarond said:

Aww man, what do you think the hold up is? BMWs and Audi's taking priority? 

Today is my collection day, which is pretty exciting! :rock:

They're just putting it down to social distancing measures causing a delay, I wonder if this new Indian variant is having an effect. What a different world we now live in. Make sure you get some pics up 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

8 hours ago, crocodile said:

Vrs ordered 29th march 21,  been given a build date of week 33 ( 3rd week in august ) . What are the chances of car being built earlier 

Seems like the 'build week lottery' continues...

I ordered my VRS 4 days before you and haven't had a build week allocated yet. The order has been "accepted by the factory" though I'm told, so I should get a build week allocation "in the next few weeks". All according to the Skoda UK online chat.

hi guys how long after you ordered your car from the dealer did you get any correspondence regarding order received build date etc

and was it from Skoda or the dealer themselves 

ive just ordered from a new to the franchise dealer who seem very uncertain as to what happens next now my order has been placed!

especially with the chip shortage and COVID they have no clue as to what time scale my car will be built

I did not get any info before 3 weeks ago.. dealer just told me that aprox date of delivery is end of May (info which he got from factory based on aprox. build date which he did not want to tell me as he was not sure if that date is true), last week he call me that car is produced and that delivery will be in max 14 days.. so.. all 3 months I was walking in darkness :)

oh I see...

well I guess I just carry on with day to day stuff and just keep checking my inbox for any info updates 

exciting times waiting for a new car but equally frustrating by not knowing anything regarding progress

but at least it’s not unique to me so I feel better knowing that