Delivery times?

1 hour ago, ItalianJob said:

The only way you can get one quickly (next day) is to order one from stock, and there seems to be plenty of them. I don't imagine

they will be giving much discount on them either with the current situation.

So glad I got mine when I did in January.

I don't think discounting happens here either. There is a fixed price on the website.

I did not even try. I just walked in ordered and paid. No trade-in, no finance.

Maybe I should have tried but I figured with the overall shortage of new cars it is a sellers market.

39 minutes ago, DaveFromSydney said:

I don't think discounting happens here either. There is a fixed price on the website.

Maybe I should have tried but I figured with the overall shortage of new cars it is a sellers market.

It is very hard to bargain now with Skoda. I could only benefit the special discounts they had running that month. Trying to go to other dealers is impossible for a new deal as they are all under the same umbrella/system now.  My previous car i had it discounted very good before they were under the same umbrella, but now it is just "this is it, you want it then i can order". It is also that they are selling all their cars like icecreams in the summer 😕 

56 minutes ago, DaveFromSydney said:

Looks like the cheapest vRS TSI DSG I can find on Autotrader is £30,995 for a new one. That's £4,500 more than I paid for mine - wonder if I could sell it for a profit 😀

Some are going for £35K+

Maybe in your countries you can buy it from the stock...

Here that is not possible :thinking:

Even before April (when i ordered mine) the stock was low (only a few RS ones). Now they have 1 Octavia RS and few combi version (mostly with 1.0 and 1.5 engines). I hate how combi versions look so that is not the option for me 🙃

I was also trying to negotiate on the price but they said it was imposible to lower it even by few €... so i changed the metod of negotations and asked to get few items that they are offering (coupons, free services, vignette).

In the end i got a few items in the total value around 1000€... Not much, but better that nothing :rofl:

3 hours ago, DaveFromSydney said:

Actually, after I had done the deal, I said "Are rubber mats available" and the salesman said he would throw a set in for no charge. So I have them and they are good but I do not suppose that saved more than $200.

LoL that costs like 50-60€ :D, but they are for sure extra good :)

I know a guy who works as a salesman in WV and he said that they earn so much on the new cars that they could give a person a lot of " valuable gifts" only if they wanted 😞. Otherwise they can take them (not all of course) or get the bonus on their sallary cause they sold the car and didn`t gave the buyer any extra gifts xD

That`s why i pushed hard on my dealer for those "extra gifts" :biggrin:...

@weehappypixie yeah i am thinking the same 😞 

To me it looks like most car makers are facing the same problems.so if you cancel 3/4 months down the line.then reorder a different car you are back to stage 1.so you are waiting longer for a new car.am just going to wait until I get the car I want and not take a backwards step.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Joss1733 said:

To me it looks like most car makers are facing the same problems.so if you cancel 3/4 months down the line.then reorder a different car you are back to stage 1.so you are waiting longer for a new car.am just going to wait until I get the car I want and not take a backwards step.

Yeah, I agree. 

I'm looking at end of April because my current lease ends there. 

With any luck, I'll be OK. 

36 minutes ago, jonny boy said:

Yeah, I agree. 

I'm looking at end of April because my current lease ends there. 

With any luck, I'll be OK. 

If they miss your delivery term you can try asking them to rent you something for less money while you wait for a month or two. But hopefully it does recover before April, that's still half a year, a long time.

20 hours ago, ItalianJob said:

Looks like the cheapest vRS TSI DSG I can find on Autotrader is £30,995 for a new one. That's £4,500 more than I paid for mine - wonder if I could sell it for a profit 😀

Some are going for £35K+

My mates dad just traded a new shape Focus ST in, it's worth more now than it was two years ago!

I still haven't heard anything about mine. Ordered week one, built in June, parked since then lol

17 minutes ago, Wonderloaf said:

My mates dad just traded a new shape Focus ST in, it's worth more now than it was two years ago!

I still haven't heard anything about mine. Ordered week one, built in June, parked since then lol

Similar story here, a colleague at work just got £1000 more for his BMW than he paid for it ~2 years ago, that's for a trade in.

Edited by ItalianJob
spelling mistakes

I ordered my car 20 may,told deliver by 26 September which was pushed back to 4 October.then to 5 November this last date was off skoda uk.spoke to them today and it is still a firm date 5 November.i will not hold my breath and just hope it is right.

I placed an order in April for a new Vrs Tsi (would have been my 3rd) and was told it would be delivered around now. Been waiting to hear for a build date, but nothing yet as with everyone else and no news on when a better update would be coming. Decided i didn't want to wait until what was looking like next march if i was lucky so cancelled the order and have bit the bullet on an in stock new  BMW m340i. 

I was supposed to be trading in my 2017 dragon green superb 280, but now looks like webuyanycar will be having that next week as they are offering around £1,500 more than the part/ex price. 

Bit disappointed as i have had 4 skodas now and never had a problem with any, but looking forward to a bit of a change, i did enjoy the Beemer when i test drove one the other week

Hi,

I ordered my Octavia VRS iV in May and the dealer just called to say it's left the factory and is on it's way to the UK. Expected delivery in 4-5 weeks. Can't wait for it although having read all the comments about the Octavia MK 4 with regards to reliability and software issues I hope I am one of the lucky ones and get a car that has been updated.

John

4 minutes ago, weehappypixie said:

Hi,

I ordered my Octavia VRS iV in May and the dealer just called to say it's left the factory and is on it's way to the UK. Expected delivery in 4-5 weeks. Can't wait for it although having read all the comments about the Octavia MK 4 with regards to reliability and software issues I hope I am one of the lucky ones and get a car that has been updated.

John

Sounds like they really are prioritising the hybrids but surprising to hear how much by! Happy for you anyway.

2 hours ago, FODvRS2015 said:

I placed an order in April for a new Vrs Tsi (would have been my 3rd) and was told it would be delivered around now. Been waiting to hear for a build date, but nothing yet as with everyone else and no news on when a better update would be coming. Decided i didn't want to wait until what was looking like next march if i was lucky so cancelled the order and have bit the bullet on an in stock new  BMW m340i. 

I was supposed to be trading in my 2017 dragon green superb 280, but now looks like webuyanycar will be having that next week as they are offering around £1,500 more than the part/ex price. 

Bit disappointed as i have had 4 skodas now and never had a problem with any, but looking forward to a bit of a change, i did enjoy the Beemer when i test drove one the other week

Good choice, I've been tempted to cancel my order too but feel I've committed enough time to this one now...

2 hours ago, FODvRS2015 said:

I'd take a 320i over an RS if it were even close to the same price over here (it's 45k vs 31k). You guys seem to be overpaying for Škodas.

Edited by zetzet

It comes from a guess and supposition and posts from the likes of me.  Unless there is insiders with actual evidence.

Supposition because Skoda are 'Simply Clever' and VW need to have low Average Emissions as last year they failed badly with that. so the more of the lowest polluters they can have First Registered will aid them in not paying huge penalties.

Mony a mickle can mak a muckle.   So get the Mild Hybrids, Plug ins a BEV's out and it all hepls.

5 hours ago, LSly said:

Just been told my build week is going to be week 6 of 2022, having ordered the Octavia vRS Estate 245 DSG in the middle of March!!

How does that compare to any others ordered at a similar time? Thanks

I ordered an Octavia vRS TSI DSG estate at the end of February and have had to chase Customer Services repeatedly to get any information about it. Apparently it went into production in August but they reckon it'll be another 8-10 weeks until production is completed due to the chip shortage. That said, apparently a Customer Services Manager is due to call me today (they told me that this morning and I've not heard anything yet) so not sure what news they're intending to pass on. Hopefully not a wait until next year!

1 hour ago, LenWalton said:

I ordered an Octavia vRS TSI DSG estate at the end of February and have had to chase Customer Services repeatedly to get any information about it. Apparently it went into production in August but they reckon it'll be another 8-10 weeks until production is completed due to the chip shortage. That said, apparently a Customer Services Manager is due to call me today (they told me that this morning and I've not heard anything yet) so not sure what news they're intending to pass on. Hopefully not a wait until next year!

Mine was ordered week 1, built in week 23 and is stuck waiting for these mystical chips. STILL don't have a delivery date. I'm never ordering another Skoda. The company is an absolute shambles. 

12 minutes ago, Wonderloaf said:

Mine was ordered week 1, built in week 23 and is stuck waiting for these mystical chips. STILL don't have a delivery date. I'm never ordering another Skoda. The company is an absolute shambles. 

As if any other company is doing any better. Others just don't take orders.

5 minutes ago, zetzet said:

As if any other company is doing any better. Others just don't take orders.

Yes, they aren't taking orders now. mine was ordered nearly 10 months ago at this point. Explain to me how guys that ordered their cars well after me have already taken delivery, meanwhile I left wondering what the hell is going on with absolutely no answers from my local dealership? They are utterly useless.