Delivery times?

3 hours ago, Jack221 said:

My car arrived this morning to dealership…will get it on tuesday. The colour is quartz gray for sure. Will post pictures when i get it. It took 5 day to be delivered from the car factory to Slovenia. Very fast if you ask me :)

Do you know the build date, could be the counting factor for the color making :)

On 06/10/2021 at 13:56, Miki93 said:

Hello everyone,

Just to put my input out here, i've ordered an Octavia vRS sedan 2.0 TDI DSG in February and was supposed to get it in late May, early June. The car supposedly got built in July but since then its still sitting at the factory parking lot waiting for the missing "chips".

Last time i contacted my dealer was in the beginning of September and the info was, that they dont know the delivery date anymore (they were sure it was going to arrive in late August). I guess the car will be at least 1 year old when i get it xD.

Will try to follow up on more info next week but i guess it will be the same answer as before. 

Cheers!

Just to update,

I am getting my car next week, it seems the february/march orders are getting done.  But the state of the dealer being informed by the production plant is totally random because in my case yesterday morning was still in production, but in the afternoon it was en route to dealer.

Cheers

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ScottieJ said:

I just spoke to the garage about mine, I ordered it last week in July and it has just gone into production. They wouldn't commit to when I would get it.

I hope this means some good news for me too in the next few days :s

23 hours ago, ScottieJ said:

I just spoke to the garage about mine, I ordered it last week in July and it has just gone into production. They wouldn't commit to when I would get it.

Out of interest, what engine and trim have you ordered?

In order around the same time, a 1.5 tsi SE estate…

Skoda have officially closed their factories for 2 weeks. In that period they plan to finish 10000 cars that were missing the final parts. After those two weeks they plan to resume the production. Not as bad as I thought.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, buzcro said:

Skoda have officially closed their factories for 2 weeks. In that period they plan to finish 10000 cars that were missing the final parts. After those two weeks they plan to resume the production. Not as bad as I thought.

Its only good if mine is in those 10 000...

1 hour ago, buzcro said:

That’s good news I reckon. 

First of all Hi to all, Just got registered in here but I’ve been following the forum for a while…let’s say from the day I ordered the vehicle 😜

So on that side let me put out my own piece of “cake” heheh

Well long story short…I ordered my Kamiq on July 10th, delivery time was set to 4 months and it should end in November, but since all kind of stuff is happening in the automobile industry, I called the dealer for a few times just to check how the things are going so far and unfortunately I still don’t have production date or any kind of date. Last time we spoke (last week) they said “maybe December” but to be honest I don’t expect it this year hehe…so I contacted directly customer support yesterday in škoda auto and waiting for the response.

I’ll keep you updated…

Regardless to all the waiting I’m still so eager to it…surprisingly it doesn’t frustrates me at all 😆🤷🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, peshetoman said:

My dealer called ours is ready.

Ordered mid april style + matrix and self parking 1.5 tsi mhev automatic dsg.  Will be here in 2 weeks i guess

That's good news. My dealer has also called to say mine should be here by the end of the week, happy days 😀.

Ordered an Octavia Vrs iV in May with all options.

John

On 17/10/2021 at 16:42, Lee_P said:

Out of interest, what engine and trim have you ordered?

In order around the same time, a 1.5 tsi SE estate…

VRs iV estate, Not sure how they prioritise what they are doing, it all seems a bit random.

24 minutes ago, ScottieJ said:

VRs iV estate, Not sure how they prioritise what they are doing, it all seems a bit random.

It seems like there is a very clear priority on EV's, plug-in models and diesels, VAG doesn't want to pay any fines for fleet emissions this year.

5 hours ago, zetzet said:

It seems like there is a very clear priority on EV's, plug-in models and diesels, VAG doesn't want to pay any fines for fleet emissions this year.

Which doesn’t really fit in with UK sales profile

SMMT September car sales figures split as follows :

petrol 43.8%

EVs 15.2%

mild hybrid EV petrol 12.7%

hybrid EV 11.6%

plug in hybrid EV 6.4%

mild hybrid EV diesel 5.3%

diesel 5.0%

So basically diesel is down to only 1 in 20 cars in UK (10,658 of 215,312 sales), and the Enyaq (the only Skoda EV) is nowhere near 15.2% of Skoda sales, which shows that Skoda is not able to reflect UK demand

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SurreyJohn said:

petrol 43.8%

EVs 15.2%

hybrid EV 11.6%

plug in hybrid EV 6.4%

diesel 5.0%

So basically diesel is down to only 1 in 20 cars in UK (10,658 of 215,312 sales), and the Enyaq (the only Skoda EV) is nowhere near 15.2% of Skoda sales, which shows that Skoda is not able to reflect UK demand

Does UK count in EU fleet emissions? Or not anymore? 

8 hours ago, SurreyJohn said:

petrol 43.8%

EVs 15.2%

hybrid EV 11.6%

plug in hybrid EV 6.4%

diesel 5.0%

I’ve ordered the hybrid VRS as a company car as I have no choice in that matter. My employer has now switched the car policy so that ALL company cars have to be either full electric or plug in. My employer is one of the largest banks in the world, so if they are doing this and others are following suit then it may be that car manufacturers feel pressure to ensure they can fulfil these orders?
Certainly I know that in the past when I have ordered a new company car it has been prioritised over “joe public’s” orders due to the amount of cars my employer / the lease company purchases, ie the manufacturers want to keep a big customer sweet. 

Purely speculation on my part, but this may be why hybrid orders are seeming to be fulfilled quicker. 

Ordered mine 2 week ago in Taiwan, 1.5 MHEV with matrix light. The sales person said the car wont be ready at least 3-6 months from now. After reading through this thread, I doubt my dealer is overly optimistic about the ETD.  

I'd better pretend never order it until one day I got notice that the car has arrived. 

• Like 1