Delivery times?

21 hours ago, Chrisg2021 said:

So to the UK guys, how much notice did you get before the dealer told you your car was in the UK or arriving to the UK ready for collection... 

I have to say my 245 estate came into the dealer this week pretty much exactly as predicted by Garlands. Order placed July 21

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zedboy said:

I have to say my 245 estate came into the dealer this week pretty much exactly as predicted by Garlands. Order placed July 21

Great news, how much notice did they give you, just ring you the previous week or was it a surprise?

• Like 1

They emailed every week and by early Nov they confirmed it had left the Plant for shipping, confidently said it would arrive on site by 1 December and available 7-10 days later… so I’m guessing it was 3-4 weeks. 

My dealer has 3 sites and is very chilled about collection. Nice people 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zedboy said:

They emailed every week and by early Nov they confirmed it had left the Plant for shipping, confidently said it would arrive on site by 1 December and available 7-10 days later… so I’m guessing it was 3-4 weeks. 

My dealer has 3 sites and is very chilled about collection. Nice people 

When you say Garlands, you mean Garlands in Aldershot? Its good to hear positive things about them as I did order my Octavia from them, I get an email every week though there has been no update on the car itself. Did order it in early November so not really hoping to hear something anytime soon. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zedboy said:

Great news. What spec did you order. As I ordered my VRS 245 Estate - Race Blue, Canton, Reverse Camera, Winter Pack and Spare Wheel on the 17th July.

• Like 1

God you make me jealous and more angry,I ordered mine 20 may,vrs estate diesel 200 bhp dsg.4x4.after reading all the comments I have e mailed the lease company expressing my anger how people can order cars 2/3 months later and getting told there cars are on the way.i know it is a diesel car but a member said diesel cars in Germany are getting delivered very quickly.yet here no news at all .told 3/4 weeks ago no build date yet,how this can be right I do not know it is lottery and nothing else.i was offered a vw 4x4 golf r 2 weeks ago off another lease company and I turned it down.what a fool I was..

10 hours ago, CurryKoola said:

When you say Garlands, you mean Garlands in Aldershot? Its good to hear positive things about them as I did order my Octavia from them, I get an email every week though there has been no update on the car itself. Did order it in early November so not really hoping to hear something anytime soon. 

Yep Garlands in Aldershot. Hugely impressed by them and very pleased to have placed my order there. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SaintMac said:

Great news. What spec did you order. As I ordered my VRS 245 Estate - Race Blue, Canton, Reverse Camera, Winter Pack and Spare Wheel on the 17th July.

In July there were much less choices. I went for silver, panoramic roof, wireless charging pad, and Canton which meant I also needed to get the spare wheel pack too which I guess is no bad thing. Super chuffed that the Canton has actually been fitted as it’s a deleted option now, but colour-wise I would have gone green or orange if I’d had the choice. 

Its a manual too... Garlands were surprised I didn’t go auto (as the majority do), but I’m coming out of an Audi V6 A4 DSG and the auto box drives me crazy with terrible lag, and a very unintuitive change. The Skoda box is the same and I just couldn’t face it so it’s a stick this time! Will be great to get control back! 

9 hours ago, Joss1733 said:

God you make me jealous and more angry,I ordered mine 20 may,vrs estate diesel 200 bhp dsg.4x4.after reading all the comments I have e mailed the lease company expressing my anger how people can order cars 2/3 months later and getting told there cars are on the way.i know it is a diesel car but a member said diesel cars in Germany are getting delivered very quickly.yet here no news at all .told 3/4 weeks ago no build date yet,how this can be right I do not know it is lottery and nothing else.i was offered a vw 4x4 golf r 2 weeks ago off another lease company and I turned it down.what a fool I was..

How do you think I feel?? Ordered mine in march - diesel RS, still nothing. 

• Groan 1

34 minutes ago, Zedboy said:

As good as the vRS is for me, I’d draw the line at a 9 month wait 

:) I wasn't expecting that either :)  - so what would you take instead? In this price range and with similar performance? 

there is probably nothing in the same price bracket with the same performance, space etc

but it's not just that, if you have waited 9 months+, you might as well hang in there, because cancelling = back to the end of the queue, plus price has increased so unlikely to get the same deal again.

2nd hand is an option but very few about and any available will be way overpriced, 

they have got you by the short and curlies and there is not much you can do about it   😂

5 hours ago, GregB11x said:

How do you think I feel?? Ordered mine in march - diesel RS, still nothing. 

I ordered my diesel vrs in may and have had 8 delivery dates up to now.i asked for a update today got one emails saying unconfirmed build date week 50.then 10 minutes later another e mails saying unconfirmed build date is week 04 and delivery 18 February all unconfirmed.a complete farce more so when you read diesel cars are been delivered to Germany very quickly.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Joss1733 said:

diesel cars are been delivered to Germany very quickly

They're only doing that to bother "the greens" in Germany... 😉

And in a couple of years those German diesels will arrive in south-eastern Europe as second-hand cars, once the westerns will dramatically restrict diesel engines. Those who are from this part of the continent know what I mean.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 310golfr said:

there is probably nothing in the same price bracket with the same performance, space etc

but it's not just that, if you have waited 9 months+, you might as well hang in there, because cancelling = back to the end of the queue, plus price has increased so unlikely to get the same deal again.

2nd hand is an option but very few about and any available will be way overpriced, 

they have got you by the short and curlies and there is not much you can do about it   😂

Sensible advice .. I can think of nothing else to add. Rubbish situation 

• Like 2

Hi all,

As promised, further update on my order - in case it helps anyone else with how long it can take:-

Spec

Octavia vRS Estate TSI DSG - Quartz Grey - Panoramic Sunroof - DCC - Rear Camera

Key Dates

22/07 - Order form completed and sent to dealer

18/08 - Order confirmation email from Skoda UK

24/09 - Dealer said unconfirmed build week 17th October 

22/10 - Dealer confirmed car in factory in build

19/11 - Dealer confirmed car was at Emden port awaiting ship

26/11 - Dealer said car was on a ship on the way over to UK

03/12 - Email from Skoda UK confirming it would soon be with dealer.

03/12 - Dealer confirmed car will be with them Friday 10th and then will be checked over, and ready for collection 13th December onwards.

06/12 - Paperwork sent through and reg number confirmed. Have agreed home delivery on 17th December.

So this is around 21 weeks / 5 months from placing order to home delivery. I have checked and it has been built to the spec ordered and quartz grey colour. I was quoted around 16-20 weeks at the time of placing order so this has been about right.

Photo to follow when it does turn up!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ado12345 said:

Hi all,

As promised, further update on my order - in case it helps anyone else with how long it can take:-

Spec

Octavia vRS Estate TSI DSG - Quartz Grey - Panoramic Sunroof - DCC - Rear Camera

Key Dates

03/12 - Dealer confirmed car will be with them Friday 10th and then will be checked over, and ready for collection 13th December onwards.

06/12 - Paperwork sent through and reg number confirmed. Have agreed home delivery on 17th December.

So this is around 21 weeks / 5 months from placing order to home delivery. I have checked and it has been built to the spec ordered and quartz grey colour. I was quoted around 16-20 weeks at the time of placing order so this has been about right.

Forgot to say, I also bought mine from Garland Aldershot, via Carwow. Rebecca has been good with the updates.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ado12345 said:

Hi all,

Spec

Key Dates

Great news

Compared with what others are saying on here about delivery times,  you have been really lucky,  and given that you bought through a broker, and probably got a good discount,,

that throws my theory about quick delivery for anyone  paying full list price out the window   😀

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ado12345 said:

Forgot to say, I also bought mine from Garland Aldershot, via Carwow. Rebecca has been good with the updates.

i wonder if delivery times are more down to dealer allocations, i believe  that dealers only get a certain number of each model, if for example skoda has 100  octavia vrs's  ready for delivery, they wont give them all to the one dealearship, they usually spread them around all  the skoda dealers. 

it's good that you where given regular updates with your order, i'm guessing that's probably down to the  dealer whether to give up dates or not, but maybe carwow tell dealers to keep in touch with buyers, who knows. 

i've ordered through drivethedeal and have'nt heard anything from them or dealer since ordering.

1 hour ago, 310golfr said:

i wonder if delivery times are more down to dealer allocations, i believe  that dealers only get a certain number of each model, if for example skoda has 100  octavia vrs's  ready for delivery, they wont give them all to the one dealearship, they usually spread them around all  the skoda dealers. 

it's good that you where given regular updates with your order, i'm guessing that's probably down to the  dealer whether to give up dates or not, but maybe carwow tell dealers to keep in touch with buyers, who knows. 

i've ordered through drivethedeal and have'nt heard anything from them or dealer since ordering.

We used Carwow as well with Garlands and it was a pain free process. I think Carwow is like a referral program and once you buy/book the car with the dealer, they have no visibility or deal with any of that. They get some money from sending potential buyers to dealers and in return, we, customers, get a decent deal. 

As for the car itself, I have no clue when I will be getting it. FIngers crossed. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CurryKoola said:

We used Carwow as well with Garlands and it was a pain free process. I think Carwow is like a referral program and once you buy/book the car with the dealer, they have no visibility or deal with any of that. They get some money from sending potential buyers to dealers and in return, we, customers, get a decent deal. 

As for the car itself, I have no clue when I will be getting it. FIngers crossed. 

i've always found drivethedeal cheaper than carwow though, did you price your car with other brokers like drive the deal etc