Delivery times?

27 minutes ago, jonny boy said:

The leasing company send a monthly update. It's not moved from there from July. I'm literally at the point of cancelling it. Lose money, OK, but I'm not waiting another 5 months for a bog standard car. 

Octavia Estate  1.0 tsi no options. 

You should have a look around before you cancel to may sure you are cutting your nose off to spite your face, alot of manufacturers are in the same boat. Stock motors are like finding hens teeth just now. 

I just received an unsolicited communication from my dealer 🤩

I am pleased to advise your new Octavia Estate on order has a confirmed build week of 01, 1st week of January, if there are no delays at the factory, from build your car should be on site with us within 5-6 weeks.

I shall keep you updated once your car has been built.

So actually, no new news since this is the same info I had before, but this is the first time they have used the term "confirmed build week" and also interesting to see the timing estimate from build. Fingers crossed. For those interested, a fairly standard 1.5 Tsi SE Estate ordered end Sept 2021.

• Like 1

Just had confirmation that my Velvet Red vRS will be delivered Thursday 23rd. That's a great Christmas present. There seems to be a few more people saying they are getting their cars, and if you look at Auto Trader there's a lot more 'New' Octavias showing up in showrooms. So hopefully its all improving a bit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mattster21 said:

I just received an unsolicited communication from my dealer 🤩

So actually, no new news since this is the same info I had before, but this is the first time they have used the term "confirmed build week" and also interesting to see the timing estimate from build. Fingers crossed. For those interested, a fairly standard 1.5 Tsi SE Estate ordered end Sept 2021.

That's strange, since there is an overall shutdown of pruduction planned between December 23rd and January 10th. During this time, all workers are to be in paid leave.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Joss1733 said:

It's  not strange at all,I a think the vast majority of large manufacturing firms have a shut down over the Xmas period. 

I think the strange bit is me being given a build week right in the middle of the shut down! No idea what is going on there but I guess we will find out. Eventually.

14 hours ago, MickyD44 said:

Just had confirmation that my Velvet Red vRS will be delivered Thursday 23rd. That's a great Christmas present. There seems to be a few more people saying they are getting their cars, and if you look at Auto Trader there's a lot more 'New' Octavias showing up in showrooms. So hopefully its all improving a bit.

Had mine a week. You are going to love it. Merry Xmas.

• Like 2
  • Love it! 1

@Joss1733

Indeed the Christmas shut down is not strange.

It is just that it is an extended one and it is Unions that tell the press not the Employer. 

But then Skoda / VW Group have communications issues.   Not that good at them. 

They only like positive press releases like how well they are selling cars.  Maybe the new CEO in 2022 will improve things.

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/vws-skoda-extend-holiday-break-until-jan-10-unions-say-2021-12-16/

Skoda CZ telling Skoda UK or Skoda in any country and them sending out 'News Bulletins' to Dealer Principals who tell their Sales Executives is just 'Simply Clever', but apparently beyond them in this 'Digital Age'.     

Screenshot 2021-12-17 08.28.42.jpg

Edited by roottoot

Been browsing the thread for a while- interesting reading! I've been waiting since start of August. Have the current car extended for a few months yet so no real issues waiting, just managing the impatience! Looking at leasing costs a lot of them have jumped recently.

12 minutes ago, Ado12345 said:

As promised here's the photo. Delivered this morning by Rebecca from Garland. I hope everyone gets theirs ASAP.

DSC_1468~2.JPG

Sick.

Ordered something similar on 15 June 2021 - manual 245 estate with sunroof and front winter pack.  Sadly, no sign of car and no news!

Enjoy!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, flyingscot said:

Looking at leasing costs a lot of them have jumped recently.

I don't expect them to go down any time soon. Most manufacturers will be filling orders from 2021 for most of 2022, no catching up in sight. Maybe 2023-2024 things to back to normal. 

Had a e mail today,pushed back again 9th time,,now delivery 04/03/2022 not confirmed.so if I get it on that date it will be just short of10 months since order.thinking about when ordering delivery date was 26 September 2021.am going to have get a hire car for 2/3months am right in the s.,t

9 hours ago, BA Baracus said:

Sick.

Ordered something similar on 15 June 2021 - manual 245 estate with sunroof and front winter pack.  Sadly, no sign of car and no news!

Enjoy!

Virtually the same here, ordered 6 weeks later in end July. Arrived at dealer last week and collecting 3 January. Such a random fulfilment process. 

• Like 2

I'm told my VRS TSI hatch (no options, Race Blue) will be arriving at the dealer any day now, so delivery to me early in the new year.

Ordered beginning of March so 10 months lead time if delivery goes as expected. It was originally a MY21 build in Meteor Grey but had to change to Race Blue when converted to an MY22 build.

I suspect my place in the build queue was reset when it was converted to the new model year. Might explain some of the inconsistencies in the way other orders are being fulfilled too (ignoring the larger semiconductor issue).

• Like 2

I picked up my Race Blue Petrol vRS today ordered at the end of march so 9 months wait , it was worth the wait so far , nice chunk cash back from dealer as well ( equity from previous vRS ) happy days 

• Like 3
  • Love it! 1

Looks like things are moving. Just had a call from the dealer saying my vRS iV estate in race blue is now built and recently arrived in Germany. It’s now awaiting the ship so the dealer expects to have it early January. I’ve not had any indication that anything has been descoped. Keep the faith everyone. 

• Like 1

On 16/12/2021 at 14:50, Hawk89 said:

You should have a look around before you cancel to may sure you are cutting your nose off to spite your face, alot of manufacturers are in the same boat. Stock motors are like finding hens teeth just now. 

i was thinking on the same lines,then i thought i have waited this long so why not wait a bit longer.as hawk say there is not a great lot cars out there.just grin and bear it and hope it will come earlier than the last update.mind if it comes in march it will be on a 22 plate.

22 hours ago, NotP35 said:

Looks like things are moving. Just had a call from the dealer saying my vRS iV estate in race blue is now built and recently arrived in Germany. It’s now awaiting the ship so the dealer expects to have it early January. I’ve not had any indication that anything has been descoped. Keep the faith everyone. 

What dealer have you ordered through..

2 hours ago, Joss1733 said:

i was thinking on the same lines,then i thought i have waited this long so why not wait a bit longer.as hawk say there is not a great lot cars out there.just grin and bear it and hope it will come earlier than the last update.mind if it comes in march it will be on a 22 plate.

Yeah, I will, but my cut off is beginning of March for my current lease. I'm certainly not hiring a vehicle indefinitely, although I do appreciate that things may improve. 

There's still loads of other cars available out there in stock for lease with decent terms too 👍

Edited by jonny boy
spelling