Delivery times?

15 minutes ago, almarote said:

Don’t think so. I asked many extra options. It is an Style with every extra. Even interior is beige (not sure if that is worse or not). First delivery date they told me was October. I don’t think I was going to be so lucky. It is an Octavia iV… Spanish government is giving some subsidies to buy EV and Phev cars. If I wait so long and then I have to cancel my order it is probably there is no more funds.

Beige interior is definitely worse, but not beacuse of the wait time. :D

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, MaximusMeridius said:

Beige interior is definitely worse, but not beacuse of the wait time. :D

I know it is a “complicated” color 😄.

Anyway, taking into account all the bad experiences I am reading I think it is the best decision I can make.

12 minutes ago, almarote said:

Anyway, taking into account all the bad experiences I am reading I think it is the best decision I can make.

I'm pretty sure there are still alot of working Octavia's there. Usually forums are populated with people who have issues with their car. Usually if all is good with your car, you dont go telling that on forums :)

I've driven about 7 different octavia's and only had issues with one. It had an issue where steering wheel heating gave some errors. Dealer told me that it was waiting for steering wheel swap to fix the issue.

Of course i'm hoping that i'm getting my car when most of the software bugs are fixed etc. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, almarote said:

I know it is a “complicated” color 😄.

The waiting times got even worse than what we believe on this forum. You can use translate feature on a czech forum: https://forum.skodahome.cz/topic/157274-dlzka-dodania-novej-octavie/page/11/#comments

• Like 1

On 04/02/2022 at 18:17, MaximusMeridius said:

Good luck. We just hope your driving skills are better than your photo taking sills. :)

🤣🤣 These any better??

B29301CA-94FE-4C47-B1C9-7CB1AADBCF3D.jpeg

201838EC-CAC9-4CBC-9DFB-22F4E82F9B3B.jpeg

9CD41F23-7C59-4680-90EE-72FBCF12E71B.jpeg

9A142FAE-DFE5-440B-A0DB-FD76F4735652.jpeg

DEAE1475-E40B-4FC3-A924-BE2BBD83D99E.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, timster said:

Question for guys who had their car in this year. Have you had ANY problems with it?

Could i assume that cars delivered now are perhaps without (bigger) software bugs or other issues?

Got my petrol VRS on friday. So far no software issues, except wireless carplay doesn’t work due to there not being a menu to configure wifi in the car. Have an appointment with the dealer today to see if the issue is software or hardware due to the chip shortages( maybe they didn’t put in a wifi module). Today the stereo (canton) didn’t turn on( no sound was coming out), but a quick restart of the car fixed it.  Nothing else so far. 

• Like 1

So it's a provisional date, not a guaranteed date for delivery. 

Jesus. I can't imagine how many orders are going to get cancelled because of these ridiculous delays, this is going to cost them £m's and £m's.

I really do think that it's about time that they started to make the chips themselves, preferably SoCs, like on mobile phones, rather than rely on an external source. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

Jesus. I can't imagine how many orders are going to get cancelled because of these ridiculous delays, this is going to cost them £m's and £m's.

Problem being most manufacturers are the same or similar. 12 months plus now for many brands.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

I really do think that it's about time that they started to make the chips themselves, preferably SoCs, like on mobile phones, rather than rely on an external source. 

It's not that simple. Chips are manufactured by only a few companies on the planet. Even giga corporations like Apple make none. 

Also it's not only a chip shortage, everything on the supply line is getting stuck, mostly because of shipping delays and border issues with covid. 

@timster Mine was manufactured this year and delivered just a week ago, so far no issues with the car at all. Android auto seems buggy sometimes, but it feels like more of an android auto issue than the car. 

Edited by zetzet

C'mon guys, it's not all the market that has huge delays. There are plenty of counter examples on the market...
Just have a look inside VAG's own yard; it's obvious they favor some brands ti the disadvantage of others:
- an Arteon is delivered in 3 months!!!!!!
- there's no model on Volkswagen list that has longer than 6 m. delivery...
- Audi: between 4 and 10 months (and longer for the fancier ones)
- Seat: 4 to 6 months

- Cupra 4-6 m.

- Skoda (non-Octavia): 4-9 months
- Octavia: 10+
- Octavia IV: Q3.2023

Just tell me what's your explanation for that situation. Do you think that ONLY the Manager at the Octavia factory is a freaky'n moron that's incapable of building a stock of components, while all the other are brilliant? VW Group management would have fired the hell out of him if it was so...
There must be an explanation in the Group's policy that's eluding us. It used to be the fact that Skoda was the "cheaper VW" (aka "the poor man's German car"), but now it doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

7 minutes ago, SkOmk4 said:

C'mon guys, it's not all the market that has huge delays. There are plenty of counter examples on the market...
Just have a look inside VAG's own yard; it's obvious they favor some brands ti the disadvantage of others:

- Cupra 4-6 m.

Carwow's delivery time table is currently showing 52 weeks for the Golf GTI / R. They aren't showing the Octavia for some reason at present, but given the Enyaq is 52+ I'm not holding my breath of seeing the car ordered in October before the winter. For anyone who doesn't like waiting, you can get a Qashqai in 4 weeks......

Carwow estimated timescales

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, SkOmk4 said:

Tiguan is quoted 12 months. And VW is thinking about cutting night shifts in their largest factory, because of the shortages. 

Edited by zetzet

18 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

52 weeks for the Golf GTI / R.

Yep, seems about wright; the German site I quoted above says:

- VW Golf - 5 months, +6 m for GTI/R...

21 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

They aren't showing the Octavia for some reason

I'm assuming their computer is failing when they ask for Octavia delivery times... 😅 

3 minutes ago, zetzet said:

Tiguan is quoted 12 months

Could be... The German site says "from 6 months"... I was being subjective - I took the minimum value. But that's also the case for Octavia - also the minimum, which we now know for sure will not be applicable 🤬

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SkOmk4 said:

Yep, seems about wright; the German site I quoted above says:

- VW Golf - 5 months, +6 m for GTI/R...

I'm assuming their computer is failing when they ask for Octavia delivery times... 😅 

Could be... The German site says "from 6 months"... I was being subjective - I took the minimum value. But that's also the case for Octavia - also the minimum, which we now know for sure will not be applicable 🤬

That is why it is even worse how they handled orders. Someone who ordered long time ago is still waiting, while some got cars much faster. So he is still experiencing all new issues that pop up, that are even prolonging wait to much more than 1 year. This will hurt the company in the long run. If current orders wait for more than 1 year, how is it possible to quote even 1 year wait time if orders keep piling up? It isn't. If situation with the chips gets a little better, people will jump ship and this will cost them alot of orders.

Look at this example from last week im the czech forum:

Hi, I am also adding an experience with the delivery date. Ordered in July. Original delivery April 2022. Today I received a message that delivery should be in October 2022.

Guys, is there anyone here, who recently got the car with an order from last spring? 

This topic on the forum feels a little depressed these days... constant delays, more bad news. Could it be worse? What else can happen? 🤔

I ordered mine in April 2021, with a first approx delivery for October, and since then, and I have a build date for March 2022 – so IF they can make it on this schedule then, the total wait would be around 1 year. 

Reading all these news, I don't think that I could tolerate a message like "your build week just moved from March to October"

• Like 2

This is depressing indeed. From everywhere you read it's getting worse with Octavia, not better. No info coming from either dealer, importer or Skoda. Getting MY23 car having done the order in mid-2021 seems to be a grim reality. I remember looking forward of getting a new graphics card in autumn 2020. 1,5 years later I gave up any hopes for that and burned over it. Guess the same will happen with this thing...

7 hours ago, timster said:

Question for guys who had their car in this year. Have you had ANY problems with it?

Could i assume that cars delivered now are perhaps without (bigger) software bugs or other issues?

Hi

no issues so far, although only have the car two weeks.. 🙏 

3 hours ago, SkOmk4 said:

- Cupra 4-6 m.

Just tell me what's your explanation for that situation. Do you think that ONLY the Manager at the Octavia factory is a freaky'n moron that's incapable of building a stock of components, while all the other are brilliant? VW Group management would have fired the hell out of him if it was so...
There must be an explanation in the Group's policy that's eluding us. It used to be the fact that Skoda was the "cheaper VW" (aka "the poor man's German car"), but now it doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

Dont know where you are getting your info from, but I was told by VW last October that the 3 Touregs I ordered won’t be available by earliest August 22

Same with the Q7s