Delivery times?

2 minutes ago, SkOmk4 said:

I've got an "N" on position #10; I received the VIN in July and the car was completed end of August '22 (ordered Aug. '21). It's now waiting for transport.
Maybe that "P" that means 2023 is indicating that it is a model year 2023... If I remember correctly, MY changes around September. Someone who knows this better might correct me if I'm wrong.

MY22 is indeed N
MY23 is P

I dare say the change is tied into the 2 week close, and they change tooling over to new things for the next MY year.
That's my understanding of it.

• Thanks 1

20220909_140015.thumb.jpg.e8b9720949fdce2cb14478ae3a7df0c1.jpg

1 hour ago, SkOmk4 said:

I've got an "N" on position #10; I received the VIN in July and the car was completed end of August '22 (ordered Aug. '21). It's now waiting for transport.
Maybe that "P" that means 2023 is indicating that it is a model year 2023... If I remember correctly, MY changes around September. Someone who knows this better might correct me if I'm wrong.

My change i think july if i am not wrong

and today i did get this i the shadow is hiding something ;)

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Matej10 said:

20220909_140015.thumb.jpg.e8b9720949fdce2cb14478ae3a7df0c1.jpg

My change i think july if i am not wrong

and today i did get this i the shadow is hiding something ;)

Congrats, have a good ride 😀

I’ve now pulled the plug on my Octavia IV lease.

I would have stuck it out but my Mum died and we no longer need the big boot for the wheelchair.

I asked Lings to suggest something PHEV but shorter/cheaper. They suggested the Kia Niro 2 December delivery. I went down to our local Kia dealer to sit in one and they had a 2019 plate Kia Niro 3 on the forecourt for £10k cheaper with 17,500 on the clock, so I have reverted to my old approach of buying not too old used cars.

I don’t get keyless entry (it is on the latest iteration) but I can live with that.

• Sad 3

2 minutes ago, delicolor said:

I would have stuck it out but my Mum died and we no longer need the big boot for the wheelchair.

I asked Lings to suggest something PHEV but shorter/cheaper. They suggested the Kia Niro 2 December delivery. I went down to our local Kia dealer to sit in one and they had a 2019 plate Kia Niro 3 on the forecourt for £10k cheaper with 17,500 on the clock, so I have reverted to my old approach of buying not too old used cars.

I don’t get keyless entry (it is on the latest iteration) but I can live with that.

When did you order the car?

Sorry about your Mum man. 😞

8 minutes ago, delicolor said:

Sincere condolences mate 😞

25 minutes ago, delicolor said:

Sincere condolences mate 😞

2 hours ago, Auriz said:

Hi guys, I am new here. I have ordered Octavia at my local dealer. Today I have received my VIN code. But reading posts here I know that means nothing regarding delivery terms. I have a question regarding your VIN code - especially who have recently received their cars. What letter do you have in your VINs code position #10. According to this site https://carinfo.kiev.ua/cars/vin/skoda (sorry it is in Ruzzian, but you can translate page with google) letter in position #10 means year of manufacturing. And I have letter "P", which means 2023 (Nooooooo!!!). "N" means 2022. What letter do you have (who already got their VIN numbers or maybe recently got their Ocatvias)?

I have the letter P and the car is already produced and in transport from the factory

1 hour ago, delicolor said:

Sincere condolences ☹️

13 minutes ago, nauticat said:

I have the letter P and the car is already produced and in transport from the factory

Great. So that means N doesn't change to P  in the end of the year. Thanks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ajdolin said:

Isn’t facelift due some time in 2024?

I’ve read that in India they will release mk4 Octavia in 2024, so presumably it will be facelift. I’m guessing its when we will se facelift here in Europe. And Skoda in the past released facelifts about 4yrs into model production. 

Edited by TomTom88

Oh, ok... A couple of months ago someone linked an article from autoexpress that the FL was expected to be revealed later this year and launched in 2023 so I thought maybe this was it 😁. What does the MY2023 mean then if the car is produced in 2022?

14 hours ago, Auriz said:

Great. So that means N doesn't change to P  in the end of the year. Thanks.

As someone has already said the model year (MY) changes after the summer factory shutdown, and is not the same thing as calendar year.

So:

MY22 cars are built from approx August 21 to July 22

MY23 cars are built from approx August 22 to July 23

MY24 cars are built from approx August 23 to July 24 - which is why MY24 facelift(?) cars will be available in 2023

Of course cars unfinished due to missing parts can leave the factory at the same time as cars from the next MY - confusing?

Edited by PetrolDave
  • Like 3

@nauticat

What it really means is you look at what MY22 cars in your country were supposed to have as standard or options and what might have been deleted because of shortages.

Then look at what the MY23 cars are showing as having in your country, then luck of the draw might mean they arrive with what you thought you were getting or maybe something less. 

That applies for any EU, European or Global Country really. 

Anything major Stylee will come with a Face Lift,

but a change of what they are adding, taking away or just tweaking from one year to the next can be anything from colours offered,  wheels to actual trim inside or out.

From someplace next year Skoda are spinning highly efficient engines in new generation Superb & Kodiaq & a refreshed Octavia will follow in 2024. 

Turning out cars that customers want within 26 weeks of ordering them would be a good ambition for Skoda i would have thought.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/506709-vision-7s

Edited by roottoot
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, PetrolDave said:

MY23 cars are built from approx August 22 to July 23

Mine was recently produced sometime between mid-August and August 31st, but VIN indicates MY22.

Anyway - just glad it's been completely produced from the start - without going into "storage" waiting for parts; and also glad that it's completed within 54 weeks from order - compared to several "record holders" around here that ordered before me and don't have a complete car.

• Like 2