Delivery times?

3 minutes ago, Ajdolin said:

Rear wiper is part of standard equipment in Slovenia?

I don't think so. I saw it in additional options. It was about 100 and something €, but to me car looks better without it. Oh, I should add mine is a hatch. It is standard on a wagon, cause aerodynamics are different.

Edited by MaximusMeridius
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MaximusMeridius said:

I don't think so. I saw it in additional options. It was about 100 and something €, but to me car looks better without it. Oh, I should add mine is a hatch. It is standard on a wagon, cause aerodynamics are different.

Ah, you don’t have a wagon, that explains it I guess 😊

4 minutes ago, MaximusMeridius said:

I saw it in the additional options

Yes, it's an additional option. I also have a hatch and a rear wiper 😀 and the car still looks great 😀.

I am fond of better rear visibility. I learned this the hard (costly) way quite some time ago. 😀

• Sad 2

Had confirmation that mine was built this week. Vrs tdi Estate. Ordered mid Dec 21.

My Mrs ordered a Skoda Scala Monte Carlo 1.0tsi 6 weeks back and that was also built last week. So we may end up with 2 cars delivered about the same time. 😂

• Like 4

On 21/10/2022 at 19:57, AudreySI said:

What experiences do you and others have with/(out) a rear camera?

Once you go black....upppsss....once you have the rear camera, you don't want to be without it ever again. 😁

It makes your parking and revers driving so much easier.

But my advice, buy an original one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, TheUltraRunner said:

Once you go black....upppsss....once you have the rear camera, you don't want to be without it ever again. 😁

Thanks for your opinion 😀👍. I intend to buy it at a car dealer where I bought a car. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ajdolin said:

Did they already tell you how much it costs?

Yes, I asked them informatively some days ago about the price. The rear camera and its installation cost 1k EUR. The reason I asked the question here about your experiences with it is to decide whether to go for it or not (it is worth it or not). 

• Confused 2

56 minutes ago, AudreySI said:

Thanks for your opinion 😀👍. I intend to buy it at a car dealer where I bought a car. 

Hmm quite expensive. + installation and coding.

Perhaps you can check our Slovenian Škoda FB group for some alternative. Or you can ask Tehnoshop what can they offer.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2184559158425109/user/100063616164277/

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheUltraRunner said:

Hmm quite expensive. + installation and coding.

Perhaps you can check our Slovenian Škoda FB group for some alternative. Or you can ask Tehnoshop what can they offer.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2184559158425109/user/100063616164277/

It is quite expensive, I agree, but if it gives you the extra feeling of safety, I guess you should go for it. The repair costs of a possible incident/accident would also not come cheap. I also had to make some compromise when ordering, so decided on rear+front sensors only.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ajdolin said:

It is quite expensive, I agree, but if it gives you the extra feeling of safety, I guess you should go for it. The repair costs of a possible incident/accident would also not come cheap. I also had to make some compromise when ordering, so decided on rear+front sensors only.

What incident/accident?

44 minutes ago, TheUltraRunner said:

What incident/accident?

No particular one, Audrey just mentioned a previous experience which resulted in damage and wasn’t cheap, so I suggested installing the camera in order to prevent any further ones.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ajdolin said:

No particular one, Audrey just mentioned a previous experience which resulted in damage and wasn’t cheap, so I suggested installing the camera in order to prevent any further ones.

Ahhh ok. I misunderstood your comment.

On 23/10/2022 at 08:47, TheUltraRunner said:

Once you go cam, you never go bam... Here, fixed it for your dirty mind. 😂 

• Haha 4

On 21/10/2022 at 19:57, AudreySI said:

What experiences do you and others have with/(out) a rear camera?

I have it but I don't use it much, I try to rely on my own senses and on sensors. I have never had a camera before so I'm not used to using it. However, in some situations it has shown itself helpful... So, basically my recommendation would be the same as Ajdolin's:

On 21/10/2022 at 20:37, Ajdolin said:

True, if you feel safer with the camera, then you should definitely get it, it is quite a longer car compared to Fabia. 

On 21/10/2022 at 20:39, Ajdolin said:

My husband missed 2 stacked tyres when he was reversing last weekend and the car came to an abrupt halt, I guess the assistance pushed the brake instead. I have to say he gets in all sort of strange situations with my car, won’t let him drive much 😉

Hahahah, never would have guessed you were also a female :)

My husband also had a couple of incidents where the car had to come to an abrupt halt, so I think I will follow you advice 🤪😂

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, nauticat said:

I have it but I don't use it much, I try to rely on my own senses and on sensors. I have never had a camera before so I'm not used to using it. However, in some situations it has shown itself helpful...

Thank you for your opinion!

• Like 1

Wouldn't surprise me if there are no more iV models until the facelift is out, if they come back at all. You still can't order any new iVs in Germany from all VW brands, with the exception being Cupra. 

End of this year the state incentives on PHEVs in Germany will run out, making them far less interesting compared to EVs. They probably are better off building more EVs than "wasting" similar resources on PHEV vehicles.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hairy_Joe said:

I noticed that Skoda Ireland took the iV Octavia off their pricelists.

Looks like Skoda UK have also removed the iV from their most recent price list.

Given then current lead times I'm not surprised that they are trying to compress the range.

Ordered Se L estate 1.5 petrol August 21 and got told today it’s at the dealer (UK) and we can pick it up this weekend! Quite excited to finally see it, minor annoyance- Skoda only provided 1 key so will need to wait on the second one. Hopefully will get the reg today so I can sort insurance etc.

• Like 3
  • Love it! 1
  • Confused 1