Delivery times?

45 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

Seems to have been a while - there was a few in September?

Raunts posted on Friday a couple of pics showing his Mamba Green VRS IV. Hopefully we will see a few more arrivals in owners hands.

Just had a response back from my Dealer

Delivery date has now gone from end of November to  week beginning "11th December" - so i really wouldnt trust any delivery dates with your dealers, as i can see this getting further delays all too easily.

I spoke to Skoda UK customer services, told them about my situation with not being able to extend my current lease Golf with VWFS, the response was " we cannot give you a courtesy car but we have requested the factory prioritize your order" - i've got to wait 7 days for the Skoda factory to agree and confirm priority status. I have no idea if this will actually change the delivery dates. Will update as i hear back.

Just had the nod from the dealer my car has been built (two weeks earlier than original build week) and it is now waiting for the boat in Germany! Ordered 30th November last year so really surprised at how quickly it's gone through. It's petrol VRS not iV so not sure if that has made a difference 😁

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BRSEngineer said:

Raunts posted on Friday a couple of pics showing his Mamba Green VRS IV. Hopefully we will see a few more arrivals in owners hands.

Ah, I thought the post was more standard models which don't seem to be as quick as vRS

1 minute ago, flyingscot said:

Ah, I thought the post was more standard models which don't seem to be as quick as vRS

Thought it was all models in Octavia VRS or not, my understanding the massive delays have been for all especially iV

I went to Helston Cornwall yesterday and in the Skoda dealers showroom was a graphite grey vrs (cancelled order) all it lacked for me was a tow bar and retailers can now fit it.  Picking it up on the 1st of March, seen to bought about 20 mins.  Although I first ordered a replacement for my Mk 3 Superb  two years ago and cancelled due to rubbish service from the agent. So I’ve settled for the Occty now that it’s got a boot big enough for the wife’s Old English Sheepdog.  Deepest sympathy for everybody who’s been waiting, what must seem like a life time, another thing to blame Putrid for.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rafmike said:

I went to Helston Cornwall yesterday and in the Skoda dealers showroom was a graphite grey vrs (cancelled order) all it lacked for me was a tow bar and retailers can now fit it.  Picking it up on the 1st of March, seen to bought about 20 mins.  Although I first ordered a replacement for my Mk 3 Superb  two years ago and cancelled due to rubbish service from the agent. So I’ve settled for the Occty now that it’s got a boot big enough for the wife’s Old English Sheepdog.  Deepest sympathy for everybody who’s been waiting, what must seem like a life time, another thing to blame Putrid for.

I saw that in a list of nationally available Octavia on Skoda website but not on dealers, maybe they were real quick to take down once you bought, so good for you 😁

1 minute ago, Superted said:

I saw that in a list of nationally available Octavia on Skoda website but not on dealers, maybe they were real quick to take down once you bought, so good for you 😁

To be honest Superted I am feeling a bit pleased with myself (smug sod) especially as it was the first day of the 500 miles free fuel offer.

22 hours ago, quantumowner said:

Congratulations thommo41

I took delivery of my identical vRS petrol estate 2 weeks ago. It's absolutely fabulous and definitely worth the wait of nearly 10 months. Ordered in March 22 with Pan roof and a couple of extras. Just fitted genuine Skoda mudflaps to help lessen the stone chips and given it a couple of coats of Meguiars wax to protect it as best as I can.

Looks way shinier than mine :) Which wax did you use specifically? A Polish with wax in it? Also the mudflaps, what are the part codes/ref for these that's a cracking idea. Assume real easy to fit?

3 hours ago, Superted said:

Just had the nod from the dealer my car has been built (two weeks earlier than original build week) and it is now waiting for the boat in Germany! Ordered 30th November last year so really surprised at how quickly it's gone through. It's petrol VRS not iV so not sure if that has made a difference 😁

Exciting stuff! Don't want to jinx but mine was at the dealer less than 10 days after it was showing at port in Germany, hopefully you get the new plate without any drama.

thommo41

I used Mequiars Gold Class first, then followed up with Mequiars Ceramic Wax. It was hard work but looks amazing and it's now protected from the weather.

The mudflaps are standard Octavia front and rear - 5E3075111 5E3075101

This is a good deal at £48.95 incl postage for both pairs:  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/295498705576?epid=8047945855&hash=item44cd186aa8:g:rfgAAOSw5d9fhFaW&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoODmuGAw4XcNc9BfVtMImBvZ8SHo4g%2F2Q1mf7Jp6XRteTPuAiyAqPxfVKQ8erzZjGrXPV5qKX7jnLRpaP%2F%2BNxpwpg3KFdyCni05lknTZ3vWrqp9zcn92wB0n4ZtnUjlLEg5Qmjlj5VU6mORlgByCRfuftVkh%2FRL1piU9KjTJKdGTYK9Jza83SwzX6vQCur%2BnN3XEXAZ2Gd4aIJCc3NtUsgY%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR6r7j8rJYQ 

Finally received news about the delivery of my car - build week 11.

I really hope to receive the keys in early April. Fingers crossed!

For information - the car was originally ordered on 10.09.2021.

• Like 1

On the German forum someone posted some information regarding future sales of the Octavia in Germany.

The will completely stop the sale of the hatchback on 22.02.23 and will greatly reduce the available variants for the estate.

They will also adjust prices for vehicles and options.

There is no official information about the reason. Most likely they try to reduce the backlog of vehicles before the production of the facelift in summer 2024 starts. 

14 minutes ago, Semiconductor34 said:

Is it confirmed date?

Not sure if there is any difference in reality. At least in the screenshot the dealer sent from the ordering program, you couldn't see if it was confirmed or just tentative. There is only a field - Build week.
In any case, the dealer could not guarantee 100% that the car would be finished.

To my relief, they told me that a couple of weeks ago another car was given a build week (ordered one month early) and would be ready on time. And they see Octavia's slowly start to come.

1 hour ago, kasparsc said:

Finally received news about the delivery of my car - build week 11.

I really hope to receive the keys in early April. Fingers crossed!

For information - the car was originally ordered on 10.09.2021.

Is this the first build week you received? I have Week 9 hanging for a few weeks in the system, but still not confirmed.

2 minutes ago, Codename47 said:

Is this the first build week you received? I have Week 9 hanging for a few weeks in the system, but still not confirmed.

I don't know the full history because I reserved preordered car last July. At least initially, production was planned for October 2022, but the production week was suddenly removed. There had been no news since October, but today the dealer finally received information about a build week.
I don't know if I can believe it, but I have no choice. :)

Mine has arrived at the dealership, but I can't accept it until I go on leave for 2 weeks in 2 weeks time, also got to transfer the number plate across so that will be initiated next week, but I'll do that by taking my tablet across to the dealership with the V5 and spare keys, agree with them a date for pickup. 

In some ways excited about it, but in others worried about it and wondering if I've done the right thing having another one with all of the problems that Mk4 has been having and whether I'll be able to deal with all of the tech.

• Like 4

So there we go. 83 weeks after initial order I took the delivery :) 

According to the spreadsheet I am so far winning the 'delay edition' competition.

Weather was pretty awful, so no good pics and the car got dirty immediately :D Anyway, quite happy with it so far. Lot's of things to tweak and annoying behavior when having to manage multiple users with Skoda app and in-car. But otherwise so far so good.

20230217_161805.jpg

20230217_150403.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love it! 1

On 21/12/2022 at 09:04, zetzet said:

I mean, you are laughing, but waiting a year is normal these days. For you to get a 3 month delivery window? Impossible. Either the dealer is lying or they didn't look at which year it was. 

My car is built, transported from Germany last week and in the UK port waiting onward shipment to the dealer, hopefully week after next I should pick up 😁

So I don't think the dealer was telling lies. I will post up some pics after I take delivery............. 👌

• Like 3