Delivery times?

35 minutes ago, SurreyJohn said:

There seems to be common theme amongst some recent posts.  The individuals seem to be interacting with leasing companies instead of dealers.

Presumably Skoda (factory) have no direct contract with the leasing company, so there is no communication and the lease companies are just guessing dates (or using others guesses) and passing on the guesses which some are confusing as official factory delivery estimates.

If I am assuming correctly, most of the iV (PHEV) orders are for company cars (as it is with mines). 

In my case the leasing company will not give out details as to which dealer the order is with. The leasing company requests updates from the dealers and feed it back to me.

Direct contact with Skoda UK also seems useless as all they do is refer you back to the dealer / leasing company.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, P100HP said:

If I am assuming correctly, most of the iV (PHEV) orders are for company cars (as it is with mines). 

In my case the leasing company will not give out details as to which dealer the order is with. The leasing company requests updates from the dealers and feed it back to me.

Direct contact with Skoda UK also seems useless as all they do is refer you back to the dealer / leasing company.

I think the problem is there is no clarity from Skoda - Most businesses won't stomach rental cars for any period of time leaving people in the lurch having to choose something that is in stock when they ordered in good time. I'm not sure when we came to accept 18+ month waits for what is essentially an everyday car. It isn't hand built and it isnt a Lambo. My last Octavia vRS was a factory order in 2016 and that arrived within 7 weeks. 

i've been lucky that someone ordered a top spec Cupra Formentor hybrid and couldn't fulfill in the end so i went from being cancelled to being in that in about 3 weeks. 

If they can't make the looms or whatever excuse it us they need to move production elsewhere. 

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately I have had to cancel my order (made Sept 2021, SEL estate iV, current 'estimate/lie' delivery date october 2023) as my current car has had to be scrapped after engine failure. So as well as having a year wasted waiting past initial delivery estimate its also costed me a few grand in a car which i could have sold a year ago having to be scrapped. I have had to go back onto my company car scheme and have ordered a model 3 as its got the shortest lead time.

Best of luck to the rest of you waiting but all I would say is don't believe a word Skoda say. hopefully my cancellation means someone else will get their car a bit sooner (unlikely though).

Safe to say I will never be ordering a skoda or any VAG group car ever again after this mess.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, JHOP85 said:

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately I have had to cancel my order (made Sept 2021, SEL estate iV, current 'estimate/lie' delivery date october 2023) as my current car has had to be scrapped after engine failure. So as well as having a year wasted waiting past initial delivery estimate its also costed me a few grand in a car which i could have sold a year ago having to be scrapped. I have had to go back onto my company car scheme and have ordered a model 3 as its got the shortest lead time.

Best of luck to the rest of you waiting but all I would say is don't believe a word Skoda say. hopefully my cancellation means someone else will get their car a bit sooner (unlikely though).

Safe to say I will never be ordering a skoda or any VAG group car ever again after this mess.

Sadly, the trend for vehicle manufacturer's / importers / dealers to show such contempt for customers is becoming the new normal. My last car was also from a 'brand' that had developed this skill magnificently. Communication and customer service meant nothing to them, so it isn't just a Skoda or VAG thing.

It was always my experience in business that customers are very forgiving of problems or delays so long as you keep them in the loop through frequent and accurate communication. These days good luck finding anyone who actually gives a damn, let alone delivers! 

• Like 3

On 30/03/2023 at 09:57, JHOP85 said:

Hi everyone,

It definitely leaves a bad taste in the mouth. My local dealer was perplexed when I turned up in the Cupra a couple of days ago. They weren't interested in helping me fix the Qi charging problem either. But then again DM Keith don't seem to be ever interested in anything. 

Fantastic car, annoying as hell. Doubt I'll be back in one after I'm done. 

• Like 1

New user here. I ordered my Octavia VRS petrol in October 2021. I was told it'd be 4-6 months then. I go through stages of chasing my dealer and then giving up for a couple of months. The last I heard, about six weeks ago was that they expected it to be built and shipped in that time. I received the power bank in November and an email from Skoda apologising but there was a little delay in January! They said they'd email when it was leaving the factory and I've heard nothing yet. Long since stopped getting email updates from my dealer. 

• Sad 1

I've finally had an update! 

Octavia VRS hybrid ordered through leasing company in UK Sept 21. Got an email last in January I had an unconfirmed build date for August 23. 

I just received an email from leasing company to advise my car has a confirmed build date W/C 24th April and should be with with me start of June. 

I'm reluctant to be excited as don't want further disappointment. I won't believe it until its in my drive way! 

I've finally had an update! 

Octavia VRS hybrid ordered through leasing company in UK Sept 21. Got an email last in January I had an unconfirmed build date for August 23. 

I just received an email from leasing company to advise my car has a confirmed build date W/C 24th April and should be with with me start of June. 

I'm reluctant to be excited as don't want further disappointment. I won't believe it until its in my drive way! 

• Like 4

Picking mine up on Thursday (ordered 6/9/2022, I should be more excited but I will be so sorry to see my excellent mark 3,5 go.

• Like 4

Maybe i will cancel my order of a vRS iV. I’ve been waiting 14 months now and no info at all from the dealer. Called two weeks ago and he said that he would contact Skoda Sweden for info but i haven’t heard anything since then. I’ve driven Skoda for 20 years but this is getting ridiculous, they could at least give us some timeframe like summer, autumn, 2036 or something. 

Edited by sedanlue
  • Like 4

Ordered a Octavia VRS hatch in Hyper Green, 2.0tdi 4x4 - specced the winter pack, wireless charger, spare wheel and traffic assist.

Dealer quoted 25 weeks til build - reading this thread I’m not so sure! 
Fingers crossed it’s not a huge wait, I was on the fence between a used one and a new order, but the prices are so similar I took a gamble on a new one specced how I want it. 

So this is the day i cancelled my order (vRS iV) after exactly 14 months of waiting and still no planned production date. Bought a brand new Vw id.4 that someone won at a lottery but didn´t want. Picking it up this week or next week. 

On 10/04/2023 at 21:44, sedanlue said:

...contact Skoda Sweden for info but i haven’t heard anything since then. I’ve driven Skoda for 20 years but this is getting ridiculous, they could at least give us some timeframe like summer, autumn, 2036 or something. 

Skoda Sweden are useless, their communication skills are non existent. I feel sorry for both the dealers and the potential and existing customers.

11 hours ago, sedanlue said:

So this is the day i cancelled my order (vRS iV) after exactly 14 months of waiting and still no planned production date. Bought a brand new Vw id.4 that someone won at a lottery but didn´t want. Picking it up this week or next week. 

I'm sure you did the right thing. Good luck with your new car 👍

5 hours ago, Semiconductor34 said:

So after 21 months of waiting, finally it's here. The car was ordered in august of 21. 

Skodamteh.jpg

Looks like V shaped diagonal tyre tread patterns, did it come with all season tyres, and if so what type.

Hello, my name is Roy from the Netherlands. I ordered my Octavia in June 2021. 2 weeks ago it should be build but is put in banking since then. Does anybody knows what ..this time... The reasons are for the banking and how long this is going to take?

My Jan 2022 ordered Estate SEL iV in metalic silver, bar different to standard 17" rims - no extras.

From months of ZERO news and much window shopping for alternatives, I have a confirmed build date that has in the last few weeks already changed.

Was week 50.

Currently week 37.

• Like 1