That Interview.

@Lee

Seems my lockdown visit to the Roadside Hotel is now over. Thought it had been cleaned up but I see I won't be able to get along with some of the seemingly permanent residents and their habits.

Bye bye

• Groan 1

33 minutes ago, Lee01 said:

I can't see the article as it's behind a paywall. All I can see is it says 'Tony Blair style'. 
IIRC there was something mentioned about posting articles that are behind paywalls.

I've now removed it as paywall articles are not allowed.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, xman said:

Seems my lockdown visit to the Roadside Hotel is now over. Thought it had been cleaned up but I see I won't be able to get along with some of the seemingly permanent residents and their habits.

Bye bye

Getting along is a two way thing as is abiding by the site guidelines. :thumbup:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lee01 said:

You know, the one with Harry and Meghan being interviewed by Oprah Winfrey.
What are your thoughts on it? Did you watch it?

I'm still contemplating whether it's worth two hours of my life so basically asking if it's worth watching and why it is/ isn't.

I watched it with the wife on Monday night here on ITV and you will either feel sorry for them (queue playing of violin) or it will make your blood boil. The real question to me was the motive behind it now they have a $9.5 million mortgage to pay. Oprah pockected $7 million from CBS to make the programme and they were charging $300,000 plus for a 30 second advert in the USA while they can sell the programme on to whoever wants to air it. Most families wouldn't want to air their dirty laundry in public. Some things are just best kept private so again not sure why they feel the need to have a go at Charles when he gave his 2 sons $6.5 million from the Duchy of Cornwall Estate in 2019 and the racial slur without naming who actually made the comment in the first place unless they are worried about being sued. Never liked Pierce Morgan so no great loss him walking off the set of This Morning and then quitting.

• Like 1

Sorry that's my bad....

I'll create a TV topic and clean up the mess I created 

New topic created here (If I've accidentally moved a post there that should still be here or missed one, drop me a PM and i'll fish it back out):

If you want to talk ways to view this on JRs TV, then that's the thread to do it on (Slaps own wrists and gives self a severe talking to :D

As for this thread, back to where it was and sorry again.

Edited by cheezemonkhai
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I've still not watched the interview but I was watching Question Time on BBC tonight. They had a columnist by the name of Dan Hodges on who said that there is racism in the media. Well, I think we all know that but what I found surprising was that he's a columnist for the Daily Mail. I also found his comment ironic.

On the media.....

The four Royal pundits, which included the Queen's former press secretary Dickie Arbiter, gave interviews to a fake news company formed by YouTubers Josh Pieters and Archie Manners a couple of days before the interview aired.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/james-obrien/youtubers-who-tricked-royal-experts-tell-lbc-why-they-did-the-prank/?fbclid=IwAR0BnG9INavg_I2YtrleGLZxJoffMxPsvHgGc37HwTQCyGwp33Mli41dRlA

I also wonder why so much of this is being made yet the real elephant in the room for the Royals isn't being addressed.

https://time.com/5945030/princess-diana-panorama-meghan-markle-prince-harry/

I might watch it over the weekend but before I do, I think I'll  watch what Mary and Giles have to say beforehand.

Edited by Lee01

16 hours ago, cheezemonkhai said:

Kate got hit by it too, although she doesn't seem to be going on a public media interviews over it

main differences between Kate and Meghan -

1) Kate was brought up to understand how the system works and how to be a part of it. Meghan was not so its a system that doesnt make sense

2) Kate knows Will is going to be taking over at some point so absolutely has to tow the line. same pressure isnt there for harry and Meghan.

3) Nationality- the Monarchy in america is not given the same status as it is in Britain (obviously) so Meghan is never going to have the same ingrained belief in the whole thing or understanding of why can the media not just feck off for a while or respect our privacy??

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mac11irl said:

main differences between Kate and Meghan -

1) Kate was brought up to understand how the system works and how to be a part of it. Meghan was not so its a system that doesnt make sense

2) Kate knows Will is going to be taking over at some point so absolutely has to tow the line. same pressure isnt there for harry and Meghan.

3) Nationality- the Monarchy in america is not given the same status as it is in Britain (obviously) so Meghan is never going to have the same ingrained belief in the whole thing or understanding of why can the media not just feck off for a while or respect our privacy??

You missed the obvious 😉

• Like 1

The Duke of Edinburgh might well be 99 year old and nobody bothers now that he was a migrant when he came to the UK and he seems not to face racism. 

It is right to remember his behaviour over the years and his children should remember their heritage as only half British.

Edited by e-Roottoot
  • Haha 1
  • Groan 2

• 4 weeks later...

I took with a large pinch of salt the comment about 17 discrepancies in 'that interview', but I found this article quite interesting:

https://www.irishpost.com/news/are-these-the-17-things-piers-morgan-claims-meghan-markle-lied-about-during-her-oprah-interview-208741

Gaz

Edited by Gaz_
Grammar
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Those at the top of the BBC in the past like Lord Birt or those on the Board or members of the Trust should be ashamed of their lack of good governance. 

Listening to him being questioned today and his answers would have me questioning him being involved in any company or public body now or anything he was in the past.

A poor memory for details or facts is very useful.

Seemingly you had to not only be lacking vision and hearing  to be in senior positions but also the lack of smell as there was nobody in the very large organisation that is the BBC that could smell a rat.

Edited by e-Roottoot

• 3 months later...

No point having a nice property oversea if you are not going to travel outwith the UK.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/prince-andrew-sell-17m-swiss-25083212

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/16246144/prince-andrew-selling-swiss-chalet-lawsuit

EDIT, 

Sorry my error,  i thought it was the thread about that other interview. 

Edited by e-Roottoot
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
43 minutes ago, @Lee said:

I might watch the new interviews on Netflix to see what all the fuss is about and why Piers Morgan et al are having their pi55 boil.

"We want you to leave us alone, except when we're on the make again."

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

"We want you to leave us alone, except when we're on the make again."

Have they ever said that, though? Or is that what the newspapers want people to believe? I'm not so sure they have said that. 

13 minutes ago, @Lee said:

Have they ever said that, though? Or is that what the newspapers want people to believe? I'm not so sure they have said that. 

It's not what they've said in words; it's what they've demonstrated in actions!

• Like 2
  • Groan 1

I've almost finished episode one and so far I have some empathy for Harry. His whole life was intruded upon by paparazzi and stories about him.

This seems like they want to curate what's said about them. I can get behind that.