Android 10 Stereo £162 AliExpress gamble! Results:

22 minutes ago, Lamont1980 said:

I did this, just pulled some cabling off the old loom that was too short and used cable connectors to extend it. Does the job. 

Still can't get android auto or Poweramp to work though, seperate issue altogether 

I forgot Poweramp. It works but when you try to use the Bluetooth for a call, it rings twice then blasts the Poweramp volume to maximum. I use pulsar player now free and just as good and no Issues.

I got Android auto to work just fine with 3.5 mic.

Can you post the link for your usb microphone?

Edited by nickytheshaft

31 minutes ago, nickytheshaft said:

I forgot Poweramp. It works but when you try to use the Bluetooth for a call, it rings twice then blasts the Poweramp volume to maximum. I use pulsar player now free and just as good and no Issues.

Sorry I was talking rubbish. It's a mic with a 3.5mm jack not USB!

4 minutes ago, nickytheshaft said:

ok, for the 3.5 mic, I found it to work best on the sun visor, juste above your head. 

the rearview mirror seems to be too far for these cheapo mics. 

On he visor, people hear me clear. 

For me the cable wasn't quite long enough to reach the sunvisor on the drivers side. The closest I could get was the rear view mirror. 

does anyone know the name or have a link for the metal plate that holds the trunk button?

I recieved a reverse cam than came with treads but the seller does not provide the metal plate.

therefore i have sold doubts abou the camera holding with the skinny plastic clips.... 

I need to secure it with the metal plate and bolts.

1 minute ago, nickytheshaft said:

does anyone know the name or have a link for the metal plate that holds the trunk button?

I recieved a reverse cam than came with treads but the seller does not provide the metal plate.

therefore i have sold doubts abou the camera holding with the skinny plastic clips.... 

I am talking about this plate 

My stock handle holds with a solid metal clip.

H5304ce0ecdb84692b911a2d9b69c1f64g.jpg

20220522_170909.jpg

Edited by nickytheshaft

6 hours ago, nickytheshaft said:

I am talking about this plate 

My stock handle holds with a solid metal clip.

H5304ce0ecdb84692b911a2d9b69c1f64g.jpg

20220522_170909.jpg

This is the camera that I bought that came with the metal clamp. Maybe contact the seller as see if they will just sell you the clamp only?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33035970515.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.73ba1802h330lo

9 hours ago, nickytheshaft said:

I get this when I try and link my folders up. 

Tried all the troubleshooting but no success

Downloaded Pulsar to give that a look. Have tried Black Player but that mixes up the folders

20220608_155845.JPG

1 minute ago, Lamont1980 said:

I get this when I try and link my folders up. 

Tried all the troubleshooting but no success

Downloaded Pulsar to give that a look. Have tried Black Player but that mixes up the folders

20220608_155845.JPG

I had this issue in deed. Activate files legacy mode and it should solve your problems. I will reinstall it later this evening and let you know 

2 hours ago, londonmoog said:

This is the camera that I bought that came with the metal clamp. Maybe contact the seller as see if they will just sell you the clamp only?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33035970515.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.73ba1802h330lo

Ok Thanks, I will try 

2 minutes ago, nickytheshaft said:

I had this issue in deed. Activate files legacy mode and it should solve your problems. I will reinstall it later this evening and let you know 

Ok Thanks, I will try 

Unfortunately tried that too, with no success

So I reinstalled it and selected legacy mode. Poweramp rebooted and I got acces to the internal stockage.

For Poweramp blowing my ears at each phone call, deselecting direct volume control in the app did the trick.

18 hours ago, Lamont1980 said:

Cheers Wagster, I'll give that a go again tomorrow. Got the joys of Nightshift to get through first lol. 

17 hours ago, nickytheshaft said:

So I reinstalled it and selected legacy mode. Poweramp rebooted and I got acces to the internal stockage.

For Poweramp blowing my ears at each phone call, deselecting direct volume control in the app did the trick.

Sorted guys, thanks very much. Had to uninstall, reinstall a few times. 

So I am going to install my backup camera. I didn't see any relative 12v lead on the harness.

I was thinking if getting the 12v from the power antenna lead, the one powering the FM amplifier. 

Is there any issue going this road?

10 minutes ago, Lamont1980 said:

Has anyone figured out how to do split screen using the Agama Launcher. Or is it obviously easy and I'm to lazy to figure it out?

Ignore me, 2 minute Google and it's done haha

1 hour ago, nickytheshaft said:

So I am going to install my backup camera. I didn't see any relative 12v lead on the harness.

I was thinking if getting the 12v from the power antenna lead, the one powering the FM amplifier. 

Is there any issue going this road?

I took a 12V piggy back from the rear wiper washer fuse. Works fine for me.

So factory USB now seems to be working 😎

Next problem for me is Tlink. When I plug my Samsung S9 phone into the factory USB, Android Auto opens up on the screen briefly but then disappears and I'm back to the Tlink screen which says waiting. Has anyone else had this problem?

I did have Android Auto working wirelessly before but now that doesn't seem to want to work either.

I've updated Tlink to v1.8.8 but doesn't seem to help.

Edited by londonmoog

9 hours ago, londonmoog said:

I took a 12V piggy back from the rear wiper washer fuse. Works fine for me.

Well I already have my dashcam on that Fuse 😅.

Antenna power lead seems to do the trick, the camera starts when I go to reverse.

9 hours ago, londonmoog said:

So factory USB now seems to be working 😎

Next problem for me is Tlink. When I plug my Samsung S9 phone into the factory USB, Android Auto opens up on the screen briefly but then disappears and I'm back to the Tlink screen which says waiting. Has anyone else had this problem?

I did have Android Auto working wirelessly before but now that doesn't seem to want to work either.

I've updated Tlink to v1.8.8 but doesn't seem to help.

Nop, mine connects with the provided tlink. No issues.

Try the free version of head Unit reloaded, it will allow a connection of about 2 minutes but you can see if the issue is from the phone or tlink.

Have you also updated Android auto on the head unit?

On 17/06/2022 at 20:57, TollinsScott said:

Is there an updated unit to purchase ? as i the link no longer works, just as im able to afford it.

Here you go € 95,80  30%OFF | Android 10.0 Car Multimedia Player For Skoda Octavia A7 III 3 2014-2018 Autoradio Navigation Camera 4G WIFI Carplay Android Auto
https://a.aliexpress.com/_v3Qn2m

Keep in mind the Stock usb will not work with the provided cable. You will have to splice a rewire it or ask ebilaen to send you the correct one that sends the 5v to the quadlock 

5 hours ago, nickytheshaft said:

Does anyone have a detailed procedure or link to a tutorial to wire the reverse camera?

I can't get to the second cover off my boot hatch 

I used a combination of this video on youtube and a post on here

Edited by londonmoog