Big Turbo setup for my 4x4

Methanol...a lot of screen washes are now methanol based.

The problem though is the other stuff in the screenwash, ethanol as one example damages the aquamist systems. Anyway I think methanol is available from model shops.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Methanol I was told is readily available if you get stuck mail me & I will try & find where from, at a model shop you might pay a premium

Thanks Stuart.

Echo Ross' comment turbo looks very close to bulk head in the pics....assume there's enough space for engine movement.

Methanol...a lot of screen washes are now methanol based.

Had a look when I called in today and there's enough room between the heat shield matting and the turbo to fit my hand. I think the photo is just at a bad angle.

The ducting is around £20 for 1 metre and is available from any green dealer' date=' I got mine from JBS.

[/quote']

I've finally sourced a couple of metres of that internally smooth flexible 3" ducting -for nowt, of course. Where there's a will....:thumbup:

Did you also cut-out the airbox inlet to a 3" diameter? There may be a trip to the scrappy for a Golf lower airbox involved....

Update:

The pistons arrived last week, the block was sent off and has been bored out to suit the new pistons.

Rods arrived this morning.

hopefully i'll be making it to GTI international this year so i'll deffinitely make a point of coming over and saying hello...

they dont hang around though do they these JBS guys !

hopefully i'll be making it to GTI international this year so i'll deffinitely make a point of coming over and saying hello...

they dont hang around though do they these JBS guys !

I look forward to meeting you.

Here's a pic from my last update showing one of the 83mm JE Pistons:

1_Piston_30.05.06.jpg

Nearly there now!

The engine has now been rebuilt and is back in along with the gearbox and new clutch. Downpipe and turbo pipework needs finishing off, wiring connecting back up and the ECU flashing with a suitable map to allow me to run the car in.