Myskoda App

At least for me, it used to be available via AndroidAuto but then Skoda did some big changes/updates to unify their apps and it's never worked since...

I'm hoping a future update fixes it as the Skoda app is useless at the moment.

Cheers langers2k. So, there isn’t a difference; SmartLink and SmartLink+ are the same? When I entered the VIN on the app it stated the car wasn’t compatible, hence why I thought I’d need to upgrade it and the app doesn’t show up on CarPlay when I open it. So now, like many others it’s seems, I’ve no way of getting the service history on the car. What a crock! 

• 1 month later...
On 23/05/2021 at 10:05, numskull said:

Cheers langers2k. So, there isn’t a difference; SmartLink and SmartLink+ are the same? When I entered the VIN on the app it stated the car wasn’t compatible, hence why I thought I’d need to upgrade it and the app doesn’t show up on CarPlay when I open it. So now, like many others it’s seems, I’ve no way of getting the service history on the car. What a crock! 

You are not alone with the woes of the Myskoda app.

I've a new mk3 Fabia and the app did the same for me. 

4 hours ago, TylaTyl said:

You are not alone with the woes of the Myskoda app.

I've a new mk3 Fabia and the app did the same for me. 

1 hour ago, kentdale said:

Just tried setting this app up and I am also having issues, says cannot log in contact Skoda!

😳 That really is abysmal. I could kind of understand why my car wouldn’t register but not a brand-new vehicles. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, numskull said:

😳 That really is abysmal. I could kind of understand why my car wouldn’t register but not a brand-new vehicles. 

Same here. Brand new Fabia and the app does not work. If the service history is all done on the app then only a dealer can print it out.

It is the only negative on being a new skoda owner. I find the car really good.

From my Skoda dealer:

"When the car gets its service we give you an updated paper copy showing the service carried out that you put in the file for your records, the Electronic one is updated by us."

So you don't get to view your own service history directly. And what if you have your car serviced by someone other than the Skoda dealership? 

3 hours ago, Cardog said:

So you don't get to view your own service history directly. And what if you have your car serviced by someone other than the Skoda dealership? 

The independent place that I take mine has access to the VAG system to view and update the service record. The paper copy I receive from them is identical to the dealer copy.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, sorry to dredge this one up after a while but I've had my 2017 l&k for about 2 weeks now and haven't been able to connect the app to the car. Mirror link won't work as oneplus don't support it, but setting up a WiFi hot-spot on the phone and connecting the car to it also doesn't work. Should I be able to run it via android auto? I put the vin into the app and it didn't say it wasn't compatible... 

52 minutes ago, Smudger2 said:

Hi, sorry to dredge this one up after a while but I've had my 2017 l&k for about 2 weeks now and haven't been able to connect the app to the car. Mirror link won't work as oneplus don't support it, but setting up a WiFi hot-spot on the phone and connecting the car to it also doesn't work. Should I be able to run it via android auto? I put the vin into the app and it didn't say it wasn't compatible... 

I've never been able to connect once to this app.

One plus 8 pro. Samsung s20. Just won't happen. Seems widespread so don't loose any sleep.

• Like 1

Well, it just doesn’t work with a large number of current vehicles which is, quite frankly, ridiculous when they continue to promote it and they couldn’t care less when you complain.

Back to operation this evening. The only thing is that the Superb picture on the home page doesn’t correspond to my car configuration anymore as it used to be until last week 🤔

Strange.

Edited by Bap33