3rd Software Update done! Fixed

1803 is the latest version, my dealer updated to it a couple of weeks back for me... the system has been much improved since (it was super buggy before). If they are telling you it doesn't exist, they are wrong... I've have it on my car for two weeks now ;-)

1 hour ago, MadPete said:

1803 is the latest version, my dealer updated to it a couple of weeks back for me... the system has been much improved since (it was super buggy before). If they are telling you it doesn't exist, they are wrong... I've have it on my car for two weeks now ;-)

Why would a dealer lie about the update? 1803 is not generally available for all the cars yet as far as I know. They can request it in special occasions when cars have a lot of issues.

11 minutes ago, TheUltraRunner said:

Why would a dealer lie about the update? 1803 is not generally available for all the cars yet as far as I know. They can request it in special occasions when cars have a lot of issues.

What are you on about? Nobody said anything about lying? I said wrong, don't put words in my mouth please.

The guy in here was saying his dealer told him 1803 wasn't available, he has issues, obviously isn't right because I have it so it can be done.

That's all I was saying.

I have had 1803 on my car for about a fortnight also.   This has not fixed all the errors, but the occasional ACC not available error seems to have gone.  My climate controls haven't vanished since, but that was not markedly frequent before the update, so hard to tell.   

21 minutes ago, MadPete said:

What are you on about? Nobody said anything about lying? I said wrong, don't put words in my mouth please.

The guy in here was saying his dealer told him 1803 wasn't available, he has issues, obviously isn't right because I have it so it can be done.

That's all I was saying.

I'm sorry. Except my apology. Looks like I didn't choose my words right. It can happen since English is not my mother language. No need to be rude right away.

All I wanted to say is that it is very possible that 1803 is not yet available for his car.

52 minutes ago, TheUltraRunner said:

I'm sorry. Except my apology. Looks like I didn't choose my words right. It can happen since English is not my mother language. No need to be rude right away.

All I wanted to say is that it is very possible that 1803 is not yet available for his car.

hey Ultra , Mad Pete is like most of annoyed that our cars have been F'd up so badly and we have been left to test the cars they didn't take the time to test. Mad Pete feel yer pain brother. I have to say Ultra your English is very good , jeez i dont know many people in my country that can speak or write in an other language. Thats to say i enjoy your contributions to this site. We are divided by many miles but have the same problems. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Greezy56 said:

hey Ultra , Mad Pete is like most of annoyed that our cars have been F'd up so badly and we have been left to test the cars they didn't take the time to test. Mad Pete feel yer pain brother. I have to say Ultra your English is very good , jeez i dont know many people in my country that can speak or write in an other language. Thats to say i enjoy your contributions to this site. We are divided by many miles but have the same problems. 

Thanks for the feedback and nice words @Greezy56 I totally get your frustration, guys. I'm really not sure what would I have done if my car would have so many issues. :worried: No hard feelings @MadPete :hi:

On 07/06/2021 at 19:35, krsone01634 said:

Had my third software update from Skoda and I am pleased to report that all bugs now seem to be resolved. 

Been using the car for the last few hundred miles and can happily confirm that everything is now working well.

Fingers crossed that this is the end of the software gremlins! 

Was your cars issue to do with tbe Sat Nav not saving settings like last destination and favourites? 

Received an on screen SOS alert message today from Skoda, requesting that I bring the car into the workshop. All booked in for next Monday and relates to a management screen software update. Hopefully this will fix the software glitches similar to those identified within the previous posts on this subject, as the screen is now trying to constantly load! I will post the system information once the update has been completed.

• john999boy changed the title to 3rd Software Update done! Fixed

Wonder what Skoda UK are up to , SOS messages on screen. Well today i received an email from Skoda UK on how my recent dealer visit was and why i had visited and how many stars would i give etc.

Having leased 3 prior cars from Skoda , hadnt seen this. It maybe just " GOOD!!" customer care.

22 minutes ago, Jack_Dangerous said:

Do these updates have to be done in the dealer? I thought all updates would be OTA

Yes. All major updates need to be done by the dealer. OTA updates are only small ones. Like navigation update, etc.

9 hours ago, Greezy56 said:

Wonder what Skoda UK are up to , SOS messages on screen. Well today i received an email from Skoda UK on how my recent dealer visit was and why i had visited and how many stars would i give etc.

Having leased 3 prior cars from Skoda , hadnt seen this. It maybe just " GOOD!!" customer care.

All three times my MK4 was in before I rejected it, I received the same email.

And gave the same negative responses to all.

Had the software update done yesterday, the only visual change I've noticed so far is on the air conditioning screen the on/off button has moved from the left centre of the screen to the top right (possibly to make the button easier to find for right hand drive cars).

Ok, so car went into workshop all day today for a much awaited software update to resolve management screen issues and a SOS alert. Advised on arrival that the SOS fix wasn’t available yet but they would update the car to the latest software ( also advised that the system with head office was slow today). Total waste of time. I am still getting the constant “updating settings” dreaded turning wheel, the management screen functions are still unavailable ( no radio etc.) although the car is deemed safe to drive. They returned the car and will call me once the SOS software fix is available, it is expected soon. Apparently if you enter a signal black spot . i.e. Portsmouth! this can trigger the SOS alert and by association cause the management system glitches I am experiencing?

I can access the management screen at the pre ignition stage but most of the functions will only display at ignition stage and as soon as I do this I get the constant “system updating” screen, although at the pre ignition stage I did manage to access the vehicle settings screen (see below). However, this hasn’t changed at all, so I don’t know what if anything has been updated. Nothing resolved!

07D5EAF6-538F-4D9F-8C16-4B0B7C272978.thumb.jpeg.3d0339abac67cf8c7cc0e7a09df45368.jpeg

• Sad 1
  • Groan 1

2 hours ago, AndyT60 said:

Ok, so car went into workshop all day today for a much awaited software update to resolve management screen issues and a SOS alert. Advised on arrival that the SOS fix wasn’t available yet but they would update the car to the latest software ( also advised that the system with head office was slow today). Total waste of time. I am still getting the constant “updating settings” dreaded turning wheel, the management screen functions are still unavailable ( no radio etc.) although the car is deemed safe to drive. They returned the car and will call me once the SOS software fix is available, it is expected soon. Apparently if you enter a signal black spot . i.e. Portsmouth! this can trigger the SOS alert and by association cause the management system glitches I am experiencing?

I can access the management screen at the pre ignition stage but most of the functions will only display at ignition stage and as soon as I do this I get the constant “system updating” screen, although at the pre ignition stage I did manage to access the vehicle settings screen (see below). However, this hasn’t changed at all, so I don’t know what if anything has been updated. Nothing resolved!

07D5EAF6-538F-4D9F-8C16-4B0B7C272978.thumb.jpeg.3d0339abac67cf8c7cc0e7a09df45368.jpeg

Guess you go to Botley for service?

I was just watching a video on a British Golf 8 GTI Clubsport and I notice that the values in its system info screen are identical to those in our Skoda VRSs as shown earlier in this thread.

Here is a screen capture from the video. Note the device number, hardware and software  versions are similar or identical to: 5H0 035816 D (vs 5E3 035816 B), H56 (vs H56), 1788 (vs 1788).

So the values we see are not as specific to the car model as I had thought. I wonder if the VW users have similar issues to our Skodas. Does anyone know what the equivalent forum to BRISKODA for VW users is?

Screenshot 2021-06-22 145211.png

Forgot about Fareham. Interesting that they have the same methods though. Did they also tell you that they known nothing about these problems? 

2 hours ago, DaveFromSydney said:

I was just watching a video on a British Golf 8 GTI Clubsport and I notice that the values in its system info screen are identical to those in our Skoda VRSs as shown earlier in this thread.

Here is a screen capture from the video. Note the device number, hardware and software  versions are similar or identical to: 5H0 035816 D (vs 5E3 035816 B), H56 (vs H56), 1788 (vs 1788).

So the values we see are not as specific to the car model as I had thought. I wonder if the VW users have similar issues to our Skodas. Does anyone know what the equivalent forum to BRISKODA for VW users is?

Screenshot 2021-06-22 145211.png

People have the same issues with all cars in the VAG group. 

I wasn't sure if this was the correct thread to post into, but doing it anyway obv

My car went in today just to clear the airbag warning error that I had ever since picking it up just over a month ago. According to the service guy they just cleared the error and all appears okay. They also said they re-loaded the software on it too. Looking for any changes suggests there was a change to navigation database, with everything else appearing the same. My dash looks different but I can't figure out why...it does have a little symbol indicating what driving mode you've selected, which I'm 99% sure wasn't there before. 

To echo @TheUltraRunner's comment there, all VAG forums have almost identical threads. 

PXL_20210622_141033326.jpg

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Aarond said:

.it does have a little symbol indicating what driving mode you've selected, which I'm 99% sure wasn't there before

Been a while since I drove my car which has Mode Selection - from memory it had an indicator for the Mode if it was in anything other than Normal; showed up near the Lane Assist/ACC symbols.

Just driven and realised (like a plonker) that instead of the mode selection, I've only ever seen the airbag warning light instead! There's enough space in the dash to have both symbols displayed at the same time, but hey-ho no worries

Hi Awahwah

No, they new about the issue. I thought the SOS alert instructing me to return the car to the workshop was to get the new 1803 software update. Sadly not, on arrival they advised that the SOS alert may not be resolved as they were waiting for the new update from Skoda. But they would book the car in and load the latest software updates (although the system was slow). Screen still locked in loading settings mode! I suspect the SOS alert was just another one of those software glitches.