What tyres did you get?

I got Goodyear Eagle F1 Super sports and i was so glad as those Bridgestone's were atrocious in the wet . Also the tyre geek on Youtube rated the top 3 UP tyres as Mitch PS4S Conti 6 and the Goodyear as best on the market.

Have to say though the Eagles are not as good as the PS4S 

Round ones.................. :biggrin:

Eagle F1 Super sport, and I'm quite impressed with them. Glad I didn't have to bite the bullet and put PSports on.

UK spec is 19's . i have seen in europe some Rs's have 18 inch hideous wheels. Check your spec!!! The VRS will look **** without those 19's. Go look at the standard Golf GTI 18's and weep. A lookwarm hatch is all about the 4 circles.

9 hours ago, Greezy56 said:

UK spec is 19's . i have seen in europe some Rs's have 18 inch hideous wheels. Check your spec!!! The VRS will look **** without those 19's. Go look at the standard Golf GTI 18's and weep. A lookwarm hatch is all about the 4 circles.

I've got mine coming with 19" Altairs.

VRSs are shipped only with two sizes of wheels. 18" are 225/45/18 and the 19" are 225/40/19. If I would be buying a VRS now, I would probably go with the black 18" wheels and used them as a winter set. For the summer set I would buy a new aftermarket set.

• Like 3

Bridgestone Turanza T005, Michelin Primacy 4, Continental EcoContact 6

All summer touring tyres, economical and long wearing, rather than sporty.

All optimised for good mileage in warmer weather

None suitable for colder weather, cold rain, sleet, snow, frost, muddy autumn field run off, damp leaves, icy patches etc.  

The funniest choice is the Goodyear Eagle F1 super sport in Scotland (described by Goodyear as “a race inspired tyre for superior grip and handling on dry roads”) as of course it never rains in Scotland !

https://www.goodyear.eu/en_gb/consumer/tires/eagle_f1_supersport.EAGF1SUPSP.html

Edited by SurreyJohn

Goodyear Eagle F1 Super Sport 225/40 x 19 (on Altair rims) delivery was 31/05/2021

Very happy with these tyres in wet and dry conditions on our coarse chip roads and would most likely replace with the same even though I've been a big Toyo T1R fan on previous vehicles of late.

Edited by CS363

9 hours ago, CS363 said:

Goodyear Eagle F1 Super Sport 225/40 x 19 (on Altair rims) delivery was 31/05/2021

Very happy with these tyres in wet and dry conditions on our coarse chip roads and would most likely replace with the same even though I've been a big Toyo T1R fan on previous vehicles of late.

I hope i'd get something like that. Or anything silent/good to drive. As stupid as it sounds, i want my RS iV to have good electric range :)

1 hour ago, timster said:

I hope i'd get something like that. Or anything silent/good to drive. As stupid as it sounds, i want my RS iV to have good electric range :)

The Good Year's are surprisingly quiet compared to some performance tyres I've driven on, especially given their size/profile, I know others on here have mentioned they thought they were noisy compared to the standard 18" but I guess that's down to the individual.

Attached is a photo of the usual road surface we have here, there's the odd motorway etc., with smooth asphalt where I personally can't hear virtually any road noise, it would be great if all our roads were like this!

Chipseal_surface_close-up_view.jpg

17 hours ago, CS363 said:

Goodyear Eagle F1 Super Sport 225/40 x 19

Same in my case, car delivered in December 2020. For the time being, no complaints about the performance so at the time of the change either I repeat same configuration or I will go for the pilot sport 4s.

5 hours ago, Jack_Dangerous said:

Pirelli Cinturato P7 225/45 R18

And all i can say about them is THEY ARE LOUD AS F*, even the slightest bit of a rougher road i get gigantic amounts of rolling noise.

Same tyre on mine and same observation 

According to dealer the car arrived on Pirellis. As agreed dealer switched tyres to Michelin Primacy 4 225/45/R18, so I never tested the Pirellis.

Drove a loaner, an Octavia estate, while waiting for my car. That car had been running on 225/45/R18 Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5s for 20 000 km. Really liked the Goodyear tyres (comfortable and relatively quiet). It's unfair to compare them to the Michelins since the Michelins only got 150 km on them so far.

Edited by SiWaiting
  • Like 1