Trevorb33’s Citigo Vrs 148Bhp (Up gti Conversion)

TrevorB33

Absolutely bloody brilliant build!

My first car was a 2015/64 Citigo SE 60 bhp 3dr in Tornado Red, bought it brand new and had to give it back to the finance company a couple years later. Since the UP GTI came out I've been waiting for a Citigo VRS, but yeah, if they had done that they would've outsold the VW by many many units.

I guess same reason why a mk3 Fabia VRS never came... 

Seriously impressive work! I've never seen this around York unfortunately, but seriously cool car! 

I've got a small YouTube channel where I document all car related things and I'm just now planning to start doing some DIY stuff, but the end goal is doing something like this, such great quality, proper proper impressive stuff this is! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fab1493 said:

Absolutely bloody brilliant build!

My first car was a 2015/64 Citigo SE 60 bhp 3dr in Tornado Red, bought it brand new and had to give it back to the finance company a couple years later. Since the UP GTI came out I've been waiting for a Citigo VRS, but yeah, if they had done that they would've outsold the VW by many many units.

I guess same reason why a mk3 Fabia VRS never came... 

Seriously impressive work! I've never seen this around York unfortunately, but seriously cool car! 

I've got a small YouTube channel where I document all car related things and I'm just now planning to start doing some DIY stuff, but the end goal is doing something like this, such great quality, proper proper impressive stuff this is! 

Thanks for taking time to look through thread 👍🏼 are you in York yourself then? I’m normally up and down a64 to Leeds and back in it

5 minutes ago, TrevorB33 said:

Thanks for taking time to look through thread 👍🏼 are you in York yourself then? I’m normally up and down a64 to Leeds and back in it

Thank YOU for putting it together 👌

I'm not in York no, I'm based in Hatfield just east of Doncaster so not too far and last few weeks I've been spending some time in York for business. I do some stints on the A64 too! I'm going to be on the lookout for sure! 😄

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just stumbled across this epic build thread. Any more updates on the citigo ? 

as previously mentioned nice one Trevor for building it, would love something similar as I'm sure others would too. 

:) 

Edited by PD130ASH
spelling errors
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, PD130ASH said:

Just stumbled across this epic build thread. Any more updates on the citigo ? 

as previously mentioned nice one Trevor for building it, would love something similar as I'm sure others would too. 

:) 

Yes updates soon cheers for reading 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, TrevorB33 said:

A bit of an update,

Had a bit of time off from posting but I’m now back :)

citigos had a little done to it

now back on oem Gti suspension 

15” Auriga Monte Carlo alloys 

I changed the fuel tank for a later facelift tank and a new gti fuel pump as ever since I did the conversion I had a fuel pump error code as i was using the original car head and internals from the gti pump and even though it caused me no issues, I didn’t want anything to crop up when it’s eventually remapped.

Mk4 Fabia Monte Carlo steering wheel fitted and stainless pedals, just waiting on a new gear knob and interiors pretty much how I want.

Also fitted another Brazilian part I imported which is a stainless charge pipe and dv, although you can choose to blank of the dv which is how I’m running it currently.

It’s so comfy on 15” with the oem suspension 😁

Some pictures!!

IMG_3548.jpeg

IMG_3549.jpeg

IMG_3550.jpeg

IMG_3621.jpeg

IMG_3634.jpeg

IMG_3667.jpeg

IMG_3674.jpeg

This looks like an excellent setup! And I'm really glad to see someone do something similar to me, when I had my Fabia Monte Carlo on Eibach lowering springs I first ran 17 inch Team Dynamics wheels, which were great for racing but a bit rubbish for roads with potholes, I then downsized to 15 inch steelies and it was friggin amazing!!! Still lowered but on 15 inch wheels you could fly over every pot hole covered road like they weren't there! 
I'm going for a similar type of setup with my Scirocco R soon - I' m going for 17 inch wheels which I'm being told is ridiculous and will look pathetic, but I really dont care!! 🤣

• Like 1

Good to meet you again today, after a few years! Citigo looked great, can’t believe you didn’t mention you won the Darkside Fabia, had a few tickets myself!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mdk1 said:

Good to meet you again today, after a few years! Citigo looked great, can’t believe you didn’t mention you won the Darkside Fabia, had a few tickets myself!

Oh yes I forgot to meantion 😂, too caught up reminiscing, great to see you too 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Changed the bootlid to a Black Monte Carlo one so I gained factory tint and the little spoiler, de stickered it as it didn’t really go with rest of car.  Swapped the gloss black badge over just going to try and rescue the vrs badge and take wiper off too at some point 

IMG_3980.jpeg

IMG_3979.jpeg

Enlight230.jpeg

Edited by TrevorB33
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

New exhaust went on yesterday, a custom 2 1/4 inch diameter up from the standard 2” all the way from flexi and removed the second cat. Booking in for a remap in two weeks so hoping for high 140’s on 99ron.

Nice and quiet only a tad louder then oem, no drone at all 

IMG_4010.jpeg

IMG_4008.jpeg

IMG_4138.jpeg

IMG_4131.jpeg

Enlight243.jpeg

Enlight244.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hyphons said:

I thought the 2nd cat was the PPF Trev? Or am I wrong? Be good to know if it makes a decent difference removing it, might have to do the same 😂

Not on early ones the opf is combined in the first cat off the turbo, I did quite abit of research and found a technical doc explaining it all, no sensors or anything monitoring the second cat it’s all around the first. I’ll find out when it’s on rollers and what it does on stage 1 map too 

IMG_4019.png

• Like 1