Trevorb33’s Citigo Vrs 148Bhp (Up gti Conversion)

TrevorB33

A couple more bits have arrived,

*new fuel pump seal and tool to get it in an out didn’t really want to put it back with the chisel method in my car lol

*bonnet lock with micro switch on it as citigo didn’t have it

*fuel pump Ecu that sits on tank, mistakenly forgot this off donor 

I’ve managed to run the wires for rear abs sensors and all connected just fronts left to do.

Downpipe still to fit and driveshafts (one on order) 

Waiting for radiator (two week wait)

ordered a citigo facelift stereo so I can hopefully swap the displays over so it keeps its component protection and will work as the up stereo won’t fit the dash.

Also ordered a facelift steering column cowling as there’s a extra connector on slip ring so old one won’t fit, 

then once fuel pumps in I can get the seats back in 

might have a couple of coolant pipes to get if I can’t find them, but now I have some room I can clear my garage down abit 

• Like 1

Cleaned the back end up before my bumper comes back from paint, I’m fitting a gti one so it all works rear fog, twin number plate lights and the oem exhaust cutout 

2F1DF27C-F400-458B-8765-7E61BD32F6BB.thumb.jpeg.38d83a86513aad8292eec720a5ab627a.jpeg

ran into a little problem with fuel pumps as I now know the tanks are different and the pumps are held down differently screw type vrs a locking ring. 
As I could find any info on the pumps flow rate I’ve swapped the internals over anyway to save any future issues when it’s mapped. Just waiting on a bit off fuel pipe and I can fit it back in.

you can see the difference in the head in this pic 

5F0878A5-C11C-4673-8364-73F2FF68ACDF.thumb.jpeg.611a6870c733d36dbabaa6e374728802.jpeg

Edited by TrevorB33
  • Like 2

One of the last few pieces of the inside.
I Swapped the facias of a facelift citigo so the stereo out the gti will now fit straight in. 

Dashes are a different shape in facelift up’s whereas citigo kept same dash throughtout.

Now it will work with no component protection worries.

Also received a steering column  cowling today that’s from a facelift as they are different to original.

So just need the switches next to heater out of a facelift with the stop start and heated seat buttons to finish off

A5B2E5A0-56BD-4BA3-9F6B-B424EB0D004A.jpeg

26DA0261-52C8-4761-AC0B-2DB5CE215486.jpeg

1A702D46-D0BD-47A5-A210-8D7300DC537D.jpeg

F43EC971-AC60-4297-ADC0-0AA623D2BED5.jpeg

• Like 3

Just found this topic and this honestly looks the nuts mate fair play with all the work that’s gone in.. I had a seat mini when they were new in 2012 and wished they had done a Tsi version at the time… will be a wicked little car when it’s done 👍🏻

Drew

Just now, N888DRS said:

Just found this topic and this honestly looks the nuts mate fair play with all the work that’s gone in.. I had a seat mini when they were new in 2012 and wished they had done a Tsi version at the time… will be a wicked little car when it’s done 👍🏻

Drew

Make that a seat mii, not mini. 🤦🏼‍♂️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, N888DRS said:

Drew

Make that a seat mii, not mini. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Cheers, same with Skoda if they had done it would have probably outsold vw up’s 

• Like 2

Last few bits are arriving,

got a second hand rad pack, real lucky with this and the rad support panel just arrived.

5268CE6C-6FD2-4099-A863-FF4FA6A94F9F.thumb.jpeg.1ea120acc5eab5b1f38e953d20d5365c.jpeg

just waiting on 

n/s driveshaft genuine (cost a bomb)

one rad pipe from water pump to rad, one connector onto charge cooler, and rad mounts top and bottom.

Not much left now :)

insurance already swapped too, insured for 6k 😂 most expensive 62plate citigo out there 

• Like 4

Fit the o/s driveshaft today and heat shield over it.

While the front was off I decided to treat the rust dots starting to appear as it was getting abit crusty. I’ve Treated it with some kurust and then a couple of coats of hammerite silver and they have come up not bad at all.

ECFE9788-7114-442A-B469-9895479C70A5.jpeg

8536BE48-4D69-419F-AFA0-767BFE9D4FEC.jpeg

8FB067E9-BFBC-43B9-A3AF-92A2321CF8FE.jpeg

003FD519-93E0-450E-99C2-1107D579D004.jpeg

• Like 2

Got the dash all back together finally, I accidentally fitted the up gti heater controls and when  I was out in the dark, everything else is green except the heater that’s red 🤦‍♂️, so got the Skoda one back in and all looks lovely.

My driveshafts been dispatched, I’ve got a stop start battery coming tomorrow.

I’m just waiting on rad mounts, fingers crossed will be moving under its own steam on Saturday.

F601FAB7-2A94-429C-8320-6C597560D7AD.jpeg

A6CA57BF-67DE-426C-8876-D173F6DA3072.jpeg

• Like 2

Little night shot, the steering wheel controls work the stereo but unfortunately doesn’t toggle the dash functions so I’ll need to experiment with that see if I can get some different buttons to work as I really don’t want to change the wheel,

at least it looks good 

8DFFC7B0-2BBC-4DBB-A52A-29AA23FA9852.jpeg

• Like 2