What colour is your vRS?

Chappers.

He folks, not posted for quite a long time but after 7 years with my mk3 vRS hatch I'm about to put an order in for for a mk4 vRS estate (I can't wait for 9 month wait 🙄).

Unfortunately, I can't decide on the colour. Really liked the quartz grey but that's been discontinued as an option now. Colour choices for past cars were a race blue Blackline and my current black hatch.

What colour did you choose and why? Pictures appreciated, especially of estates.

I went with quartz grey when it was available, now switched to graphite grey, because they couldn't build it in time. For two reasons, I don't like washing cars and the pillar colour is very visible when sitting inside the car, so it was either black or grey for me. 

So far I have only seen these two bad pics in German forums of graphite grey vRS.

Spoiler because they're screenshots of a picture for some reason:

Spoiler

screenshot_2021-11-19-20-02-23-535_com-facebook-katana-jpg.203997screenshot_2021-11-19-20-02-27-389_com-f

Edited by zetzet

I was disappointed when ordering in June that there were no Kermit options, so went silver and Canton... but would rather silver with upgraded hifi than green without! Who was it that said life is always a compromise?! 

Moon White here. I quite liked the Race Blue which was actually in stock but my wife vetoed it. Moon White was available with only a few weeks wait.

Now that I have it I quite like it and it is probably a safer choice when the time comes to sell it. Some bright colours can be harder to sell.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DaveFromSydney said:

Moon White here. I quite liked the Race Blue which was actually in stock but my wife vetoed it. Moon White was available with only a few weeks wait.

Now that I have it I quite like it and it is probably a safer choice when the time comes to sell it. Some bright colours can be harder to sell.

Had the opposite argument with the wife, I wanted White and she wanted Race Blue. Preferred not to have 3-4 years of ear ache. 

• Haha 1

I went for whatever was available as long as it wasn't black or grey.

Spec was more important but I would've liked a red or blue ideally. Ended up with bog standard candy white

(just realised this is Mk4 section! sorry! I'm 3.5)

Edited by DC04R

My last 2011 Octavia VRS TSI was in Race Blue and I did love that colour. My present car, a 2018 Octavia VRS TSI 230, is in the colour you can no longer get, Quartz Grey. A little bit more discrete, especially since there is no longer any chrome on it. I think I love the Grey even more than the Blue. 

20171230_133642.jpg

20211113_154014.jpg

Edited by roaddetective

Last octavia was rallye green, and although I loved the colour I got sick of being judged.

Went for something a bit more stealth this time around and opted for black magic.

Don't know why they stopped the rallye green though.

Screenshot_20211123-202253_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20211123-200934_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the response folks. The old quartz grey was nice but I'm not sold on the graphite grey option.

I'm a sucker for a black car but can't help think there's a bit too much black on the new estate with nothing to break it up (plus the wife isn't keen 🙄) so it looks like I'm going to go for the race blue - the colour really does pop when it's waxed and it's got the sun shining on it (not got the guts to opt for the Phoenix Orange 😂 ).

12 minutes ago, Chappers. said:

Thanks for the response folks. The old quartz grey was nice but I'm not sold on the graphite grey option.

I'm a sucker for a black car but can't help think there's a bit too much black on the new estate with nothing to break it up (plus the wife isn't keen 🙄) so it looks like I'm going to go for the race blue - the colour really does pop when it's waxed and it's got the sun shining on it (not got the guts to opt for the Phoenix Orange 😂 ).

Yep, there's a lot of black on black on black...Raceblue was my second choice. 

Gingernick70's is really popping in his pic and has almost got me doubting my decision 😂

When we walked to the dealer from the parking lot we walked past beautiful Steel Grey Octavia vRS Combi. Steel Grey was THE ONLY color me and especially my wife wanted because it’s just soooo cool color and our Fabia 1.0TSI DSG Monte Carlo Combi we traded in was Steel Grey and we both loved it. Our plan was to order FWD TDI vRS Combi without almost any extras. We walked to the salesman an he said THE COLOR is discontinued!

Aaargh. I was thinking maybe that new green or white. So we then asked is that new Octavia vRS outside sold. And salesman said no. Well turned out it was Octavia Combi vRS TDI 4x4 with almost asl extras but pano roof. It was the only one that color in Finland left. I was oh ****e that is expensive model… So I said to my wife and salesman that I have to go walk around other cars and think about it. When I came back my wife just said to me

”honey we already made the paperwork and I signed, It’s ours and we get in 5 days!”😁

ps. That Steel Grey color cost us 14K€🤣

pps. On the drive home I asked my wife what happened. She said ”Have you forgot, If I go to buy car I don’t want to wait months and months I want it now and I wanted Steel Grey no matter what, I don’t care how much it costs if I want it and If I want something I will always get it!” I was like okay…women😁I have to admit 4x4 is very useful in Finnish snowy winter and it’s a great car to drive😊We both love it.

ADAD560A-9F9C-48C1-B422-1A46F91C7848.jpeg

0F35398E-6D82-4FE6-A5FD-071D54D332E9.jpeg

0CCBE4D7-506A-45E7-96B5-9EF61C729DF4.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1