Replacement Wipers

I needed to replace my wipers (2020 Superb iV L&K)and a search on every site I could find, searching by model and Reg No gave the same result.  All said the front blades for Mk 3 from2015 to present were the same (Bosch A864S or equivalent), so I bought a set for just under £20.  They didnt fit.

I went to my local dealer and they looked on their system to find my wipers were a different part number to a 2016 model and took over £50 for a set that worked.  When I said they seemed really expensive, the reply was " Yes they are.  Difference is that these ones fit"

6 hours ago, Black263 said:

I needed to replace my wipers (2020 Superb iV L&K)and a search on every site I could find, searching by model and Reg No gave the same result.  All said the front blades for Mk 3 from2015 to present were the same (Bosch A864S or equivalent), so I bought a set for just under £20.  They didnt fit.

I went to my local dealer and they looked on their system to find my wipers were a different part number to a 2016 model and took over £50 for a set that worked.  When I said they seemed really expensive, the reply was " Yes they are.  Difference is that these ones fit"

In what way did they not fit, too slack on the arm or just wouldn't go on?

I see Halfords don't offer Bosch 864 for the iV but the Halfords 143 set they suggest is equivalent to the 864's - all very curious.

Edited by Berisford

Regardless of the reason why you needed new wipers, that price seems rather excessive (but I guess that is a sign of the times).

Everyone has their preference, but for me the Genuine ŠKODA wipers (Part No. 3V2998001) are affordable (in Australia at least) and do the job well.

I would not go aftermarket, have tried and failed before...

https://www.theskodashop.co.uk/products/skoda-front-wiper-blade-set-superb-iii

270433148_658176125544079_6804830645327927255_n.jpg

Edited by ope126
  • Like 1

for LHD (left-hand drive)

cross compatible:

3V1 998 001    650; 450mm    Superb 3
3v1 955 425    650;
3v1 955 426         450mm
5G1 998 002    650; 450mm    Golf 7
3G1 998 002     650; 475mm    Passat B8

1K0 955 429 B    rubber only

3397007863    650; 450mm    Bosch AeroTwin A 863 S

3V9 955 425    rear        Superb 3 Combi

for RHD (right-hand drive)

3V2 998 001    Superb 3

Edited by MartiniB

9 hours ago, Berisford said:

In what way did they not fit, too slack on the arm or just wouldn't go on?

I see Halfords don't offer Bosch 864 for the iV but the Halfords 143 set they suggest is equivalent to the 864's - all very curious.

Just wouldnt go on.  Clip is of similar design but with several differences.  Skoda ones just slotted straight in.

Edited by Black263

5 hours ago, JR RS said:

replacing wipers on a 2020 Superb already?!?!!!
phwoahhh!!

were they defective to have worn out so quickly?

Chattering madly instead of wiping.  New ones are fine.

10 hours ago, Patent said:

Dealer wipers always have a healthy mark up. Where did you buy online? I've been using wiper blades.co.uk for a few years without issue

Bought from Amazon.

59 minutes ago, Patent said:

Perhaps the seller on amazon had them listed incorrectly and they were for a MK2 or a different car entirely?

No, I had the same  Bosch reference from Kwik Fit, National, and the Bosch website, searching both by model and by Reg No.  Then I bought from Amazon and their checker agreed.

I find this a little difficult to believe. What were the revised part no's for the 2020 model?

Were the Amazon parts genuine Bosch A864S exact fit wipers? Universal options or third party equivalents are usually **** and dont fit properly. You may have got counterfeit product.

Link to Amazon item will help

Edited by xman

2 hours ago, xman said:

I find this a little difficult to believe. What were the revised part no's for the 2020 model?

Were the Amazon parts genuine Bosch A864S exact fit wipers? Universal options or third party equivalents are usually **** and dont fit properly. You may have got counterfeit product.

Link to Amazon item will help

These are the wipers I received.  In the comparison image, the two similar are the Bosch.  The top one is Skoda.

20220112_131026.jpg

20220112_131044.jpg

20220112_131337.jpg

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Patent said:

At first glance they seem to look very similar. Were they difficult to slide into the socket? Or did the catches not line up?

Wouldn't go in at all.  The triangular bit went in and no further.  Skoda just slid straight in.

Yes they look different, I would contact the supplier with a view to a full refund, refer them to the fact that the Bosch catalog appears incorrect and send the photos. Give them the Skoda part no. that the dealer supplied.

What is the new Skoda part no?

Strangely, Horton Skoda says only one part for all Superbs 2015-2021

https://www.theskodashop.co.uk/collections/skoda-windscreen-wipers/products/sskoda-front-wiper-blade-set-superb-iii

Did you put the wipers in maintenance mode (parked vertically) before fitting? Maybe the Bosch were just a tighter fit

Edited by xman

13 minutes ago, xman said:

Yes they look different, I would contact the supplier with a view to a full refund, refer them to the fact that the Bosch catalog appears incorrect and send the photos. Give them the Skoda part no. that the dealer supplied.

What is the new Skoda part no?

Strangely, Horton Skoda says only one part for all Superbs 2015-2021

https://www.theskodashop.co.uk/collections/skoda-windscreen-wipers/products/sskoda-front-wiper-blade-set-superb-iii

Did you put the wipers in maintenance mode (parked vertically) before fitting? Maybe the Bosch were just a tighter fit

Put in maintenance mode and really gave it some welly. 

I dug out the OE wipers supplied on my MY18 Superb, they appear the same as yours and I had no problem fitting the Bosch A864s set.

1694027726_IMG_20220112_171425269_HDR2.thumb.jpg.a1acd84f5bcefcd7de484d4548dc28fe.jpg

The button needs to be held down while fitting, otherwise you can't push them on.

Edited by xman

I’ve been a Bosch fan for years.

Last year I ordered Bosch blades online for my lad’s BMW and they didn’t fit.

Because the trader wrongly sold me a pair of LHD blades.  Obviously the wiper arms are handed Right and Left for UK or Europe and the clip fitting is handed too.

There was a difference of 1 character on the Bosch part number.

Was quickly sorted out for RHD blades.

ps - I’ve often replaced OEM blades within a year of new car delivery. VAG blades are junk.

Edited by BoxerBoy

On 12/01/2022 at 03:30, JR RS said:

replacing wipers on a 2020 Superb already?!?!!!
phwoahhh!!

were they defective to have worn out so quickly?

Mine was September 2020 (21 model) and the wipers (blades) are awful. Onto my second set front and back and now ready for new ones (19,000 miles)

5 minutes ago, Richmix said:

Mine was September 2020 (21 model) and the wipers (blades) are awful. Onto my second set front and back and now ready for new ones (19,000 miles)

Mine was delivered in October 2021 and they've been poor since day 1 too. Gonna replace them in the spring once the frosts have stopped.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

OP, your Bosch ones definitely fit.

I've just replaced mine with the same ones. They just require you to bend the widget away from the blade before you slide it into the arm. If it's flat against the blade it doesn't seem to want to seat into the arm for some reason.

Hopefully you still have them and can keep for next time

I replaced my oem judder buckets with those Bosch aerotwin wipers I bought from my local autofactor they fitted perfectly. Skoda wipers have downhill terribly in the last few years. 

• Like 1