At long last... SW Version 1896

After almost a year of trying, Ive finally had the update to software version 1896 (from 1803) this is the large update that is supposed to fix all issues with ACC, headlights set to driving on the right etc.

Too early to tell what it's fixed but the headlight setting is now correctly set to driving on the left at least. I also had the ACC bug, and the sat nav not saving any settings bug. Time will tell if they have been resolved.

IMG_20220511_165913751_HDR.jpg

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Shelvock said:

At the dealer, there is a TPI out for it number 2065556/5

To which number you refer here?

I got all same types as you have. My car went in yesterday.but no update done? Gonna get a new steering wheel for all the warnings i sometimes get (a lot)

51 minutes ago, DutchVRS said:

To which number you refer here?

I got all same types as you have. My car went in yesterday.but no update done? Gonna get a new steering wheel for all the warnings i sometimes get (a lot)

TPI stands for Technical Product Information, it's what Skoda send to the dealers when there is a fix for a fault that they may encounter, this TPI covers the update to version 1896 from various (not all) older 17xx 18xx versions.

11 hours ago, Shelvock said:

TPI stands for Technical Product Information, it's what Skoda send to the dealers when there is a fix for a fault that they may encounter, this TPI covers the update to version 1896 from various (not all) older 17xx 18xx versions.

Thanks! Than it might be that my faults do not result in same software fix. Despite that, I will ask Skoda dealer to update when they install the new steering wheel.

That software update fixed my ACC issues, I got it a coupe of weeks ago, it seems to be a vast improvement. Does not fix Synch not remembering on climate, but in comparison that's a minor issue compared to those it fixed.

• Like 1

Hi - I need to get mine booked in for this as had some issues with ACC. My dealer is not close so was wondering how long this update takes and whether it can be done while you wait or not?

Cheers

4 hours ago, greyvrs said:

Hi - I need to get mine booked in for this as had some issues with ACC. My dealer is not close so was wondering how long this update takes and whether it can be done while you wait or not?

Cheers

I couldn't say for sure bud, I just dropped mine off before work and picked it up on the way home, but I can't imagine it being more than a couple of hours 👍🏼

Yes, although for me that change happened in two stages - once when I'd pointed out to my local dealer several updates were due, and then six months later when the "travel assist not available - bong"  "feature" went from occasional annoyance to full on madness. Mine was delivered with 1664; went to 1668; then 1806; now at 1896.

• Thanks 1

Looks like everyone on 18xx software will be getting version 1896 as a two part (3.5 + 1.7 GB) OTA download soon. Very nice.

From MQB-Coding & Retrofit on Facebook:

Spoiler

Yes!
It's really happen!

SEAT has begun to roll out the first ORU "real OS" updates over the air (two weeks ago).

From now on "always connected" MIB3OI within the EU-region running SOP2 Software, like:

- Tarraco running SW 07xx and 08xx
- Ibiza running SW 07xx and 08xx
- Arona running SW 07xx and 08xx
- Ateca running SW 07xx and 08xx
Will receive 0809.

- Formentor running SW 17xx and 18xx
- Leon running SW 17xx and 18xx
Will receive 1896.

The same is for Volkswagen MQBclassic using MIB3OI (Tiguan, Polo, etc) - on MQBw the Golf 8, Caddy V and Skoda Octavia NX.

It's a two parts update. First it will become A896, after that a second update with Speech (SDS) content will follow. After installing this it will accomplish the whole procedure of 1896.

Cars with SOP1 Software (SW 16xx) still have to drive to the workshop to get their new baseline software package and a new Feature-Enable-Code to get the navigation function after updating the device working again.

• Love it! 1

On 13/05/2022 at 09:19, inspectorman said:

Yes, although for me that change happened in two stages - once when I'd pointed out to my local dealer several updates were due, and then six months later when the "travel assist not available - bong"  "feature" went from occasional annoyance to full on madness. Mine was delivered with 1664; went to 1668; then 1806; now at 1896.

Did your travel assist bug involve getting an orange warning on the left of the dash saying travel assist currently unavailable and also another fault saying emergency assist unavailable. That then clear themselves just so they can continually beep? 😂

Yes. The bonging was associated with the warning lights appearing, the warning lights going off, or passing a crisp packet in the hedge. The solution was a new steering wheel and a couple of other modules (but my dealer is shy of telling me exactly what has been carried out). By reading the German forums I knew the solution was going to be a new steering wheel before the dealer did.

The dealer also told me there were no steering wheels in the spares chain or at the factory. Considering Skoda were pushing out 30,000 Octavias a month in 2019, this seemed implausible. I waited over a month for one to surface and be fitted.

If you get the car scanned with VCDS you will probably see;

Steering Wheel Touch Recognition Control Module:
   Subsystem 4 - Part No SW: 5E3 959 542 D    HW: 5E3 959 542 D
   Component: KLR            074 0019;

Fault Status: 00000001
                    Fault Priority: 4
                    Fault Frequency: 236

• Like 1

I hope you don't have this chap's experience;

(Lenkräder dürfen gewechselt werden wenn im Fehlerspeicher SOS und/oder Travel Fehler gespeichert ist.
Ich habe heute mein siebtes bekommen. Skoda Deutschland ist sich sicher das es nicht das letzte sein wird.)

Steering wheels may be changed if SOS and/or Travel faults are stored in the fault memory.
I got my seventh today. Skoda Germany is sure that it will not be the last.

Posted on Thursday. He has a 2.0 TDi with 48,000 km.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, inspectorman said:

Yes. The bonging was associated with the warning lights appearing, the warning lights going off, or passing a crisp packet in the hedge. The solution was a new steering wheel and a couple of other modules (but my dealer is shy of telling me exactly what has been carried out). By reading the German forums I knew the solution was going to be a new steering wheel before the dealer did.

The dealer also told me there were no steering wheels in the spares chain or at the factory. Considering Skoda were pushing out 30,000 Octavias a month in 2019, this seemed implausible. I waited over a month for one to surface and be fitted.

If you get the car scanned with VCDS you will probably see;

Steering Wheel Touch Recognition Control Module:
   Subsystem 4 - Part No SW: 5E3 959 542 D    HW: 5E3 959 542 D
   Component: KLR            074 0019;

Fault Status: 00000001
                    Fault Priority: 4
                    Fault Frequency: 236

Cheers! Knowing my luck with this car I'll need a new wheel 😞

I've just had a call from my local dealership to say that there's now a fix for my headlights being set to the wrong traffic direction, so I guess this is what they're referring to? 

My car's going in for a service in July, so I'm having it done then, but I'm a little confused now as to why I would have to take it in for the update if it's going to be an OTA update, is the OTA update region specific? 

2 hours ago, greyvrs said:

Has anybody on here had the OTA update yet? Keep hoping mine might appear every time I get in the car but no luck so far!

mines booked into the dealer next Monday to have it uploaded. I have a raft of other faults though that aren't software related.

So got mine back. So far it’s fixed everything apart from the climate sync. Seems to be a bit faster to respond to things. I have a ping drive tomorrow and I’ll test the travel assist out. Hopefully it’s fixed the kmph and not overtaking issues. 

So I have 1886 from yesterday and I have to admit, that even that I did not have any issue before, now its seem much more smooth. Even reverse camera is like with better framerate and resolution. I did not have chance to dig deeper what else is new, but I am quite happy now. BUT - with this sw should cars go from production line from start... octavia would have much better reputation.

3 hours ago, JirikH said:

So I have 1886 from yesterday and I have to admit, that even that I did not have any issue before, now its seem much more smooth. Even reverse camera is like with better framerate and resolution. I did not have chance to dig deeper what else is new, but I am quite happy now. BUT - with this sw should cars go from production line from start... octavia would have much better reputation.

You got it through the dealer? I'm still eagerly waiting for the OTA to start rolling out 😃

@Jorgeminator I had 15800km on the clock and went for oil and filter change, so I asked for the update and they said if it will be avaivable, they will do it. And when I came for the car, they said they updated software and also maps. For me simpler solution than waiting for OTA :) What I did not see yet on Škodas.

• Like 1