Are we starting to look at the genuine possibility of a World War?

Lady Elanore

Interesting hypothesis regarding the ROV within the pipeline, it could only be done by the side having the control over the intermediate gate valves that I am assuming the system has.

No need for submarines, surface vessels, divers, special services etc.

But then the same effect that is currently visible could simply be achieved by an operator behind a console venting sections of the pipeline.

Other than reports of a gas venting we really know very little and if it wasn't actually the supposed bad guys I doubt that we will ever know any more other than opinions like "its obvious who did it".

48 minutes ago, cheezemonkhai said:

It's interesting that there are comments that it's obvious who has done it, but that's all they say

In my case, that is because it is not obvious; I can think of at least 8 state level actors that it could be...

2 hours ago, J.R. said:

Interesting hypothesis regarding the ROV within the pipeline, it could only be done by the side having the control over the intermediate gate valves that I am assuming the system has.

No need for submarines, surface vessels, divers, special services etc.

But then the same effect that is currently visible could simply be achieved by an operator behind a console venting sections of the pipeline.

Other than reports of a gas venting we really know very little and if it wasn't actually the supposed bad guys I doubt that we will ever know any more other than opinions like "its obvious who did it".

The reported seismograph recordings appear to suggest that there were explosions. 

• Like 1

But what of the reporting and "obvious" supposed facts stated do any of us actually know or have proof is true other than that undoubtedly the pipelines are leaking large volumes of gas?

I am keeping an open mind for now and hope that actual verifiable factual information is forthcoming, maybe the seismic data already is/has.

9 hours ago, skomaz said:

Looks like Annexation of the areas that were subject to 'referenda' is about to occur...

Russia to formally annex four more areas of Ukraine - BBC News

I'm assuming this is so Putin can somehow claim a 'victory' and  save face??

This is how the referenda are being conducted. From Tin Tin and the land of the Soviets.

FdXK7b7WYAMzwu1.thumb.jpg.98432859bf150c24ff45538ba1594611.jpg

• Like 4

9 hours ago, skomaz said:

Looks like Annexation of the areas that were subject to 'referenda' is about to occur...

Russia to formally annex four more areas of Ukraine - BBC News

I'm assuming this is so Putin can somehow claim a 'victory' and  save face??

He will see it, I suspect, that since the majority of the people in much of these areas are Russian origin and Russian speaking and the vote gives him the excuse to use short range ballistic missiles to "defend" those people.

Logistical to expect these missiles to be used on somewhere like Kharkiv which is far enough from the frontier as the damage from these weapons can be up to 10 miles radius for serious damage but up to 50 miles for temporary blindness and other more horrible affects.  Cleaner than Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombs but still indiscriminate and it would kill thousands 1st, 2nd generation Russian who live in Ukraine.  Unspeakably inhuman use of horror weapons. 

Russia targets east Ukraine, says first phase over - BBC News 

12 hours ago, @Lee said:

This is how the referenda are being conducted. From Tin Tin and the land of the Soviets.

FdXK7b7WYAMzwu1.thumb.jpg.98432859bf150c24ff45538ba1594611.jpg

I'd laugh Lee ............................ if it weren't so serious.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, cheezemonkhai said:

I think you might want to get some up to date maps before posting as that’s very out of date.

Here is a more up to date map............

Russia had captured over 110,000 sq kms of Ukraine's 600,000 of territory but with the Ukraine counter-offensive I gather about 8,000 sq km have been regained so Russia is down to about 100,000 sq km under their control.  

Map showing areas of Ukraine that remain under Russian military control. Updated 30 Sept.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2022 at 09:49, roottoot said:

The World Super Powers / UN / NATO or who ever need to do something and go take charge of the Zaporizhzhia Nuclear power plant,

get diesel for them to be able to generate electricity to keep the place safe. 

UN yes, - NATO would only give Putin an excuse to really throw his toys.  

• Like 1

A nuclear leak in the Ukraine is going to have to be the reason to go to war with Russia. 

If that is WW III then that is what it is.

All this Nuclear Deterrent stuff with Submarines and now Submarine Drones and ship to air and air to land is kidology as the wee man in Russia can lose the plot anytime.

Biden is then left trying to remember if he takes sugar in his coffee, or does he drink coffee. 

Just now, Lady Elanore said:

That man is low-life scum. How he has so many fan boys and girls is beyond me. 

Agreed. I started watching a documentary on him on Wednesday. He's a grade A asshole. 

It's on iPlayer.

On 13/10/2022 at 16:39, roottoot said:

Biden is then left trying to remember if he takes sugar in his coffee, or does he drink coffee. 

:giggle:

This is a bit concerning; British ex RAF fast jet pilots and some chopper pilots are taking the Chinese Renminbi to train Chinese pilots of the People's Liberation Army.
Seems like a huge security threat to me. If this is true, which seems to be the case, they should be stripped of their British citizenship IMO. 
The UK amongst many other Western countries are helping Ukraine stand against Russia. China is sympathetic to Russia and abstains on the sanctions at the UN.

https://news.sky.com/story/chinas-armed-forces-recruiting-dozens-of-british-ex-military-pilots-in-threat-to-uk-interests-12723395