Superb reversing lights not good! UPGRADE??

D4KGP

Yes there are very good upgraded bulbs that fit, I have them fitted to mine after reading about it on here.

Edit - I've had these installed in my car since Feb 2020 and they work no issues and are far brighter

Edited by a666andy

1 hour ago, D4KGP said:

Hi a666andy, thanks for your reply. So what bulbs did you fit to your Superb?

Hi

Apologies, seems I forgot to paste the link

Here is the correct ones

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321517034780

EDIT 3!!

Ok, I'm now not sure as the above bulbs were ordered before these ones below, it is one of these sets I have had installed since Feb 2020 but not sure which fitment, sorry. I remember having the wrong ones and then ordering another set after and the below were the last ones I ordered. for info, Mine is a 2011 estate, 2.0 tdi elegance

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07CMYK2D9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by a666andy

Have a look at this thread:

The auxito bulbs I fitted 15 months ago are still going strong and provide excellent illumination.  Still available from eBay 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185099563838 but just noticed gone up almost 50% since my purchase (but then what hasn't!).  A tip. If you watch anything from auxito eBay shop you are almost guaranteed to get an reduced price offer email come through which helps to soften the blow a little.

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, a666andy said:

Mine just plugged in and worked with no other changes or anything else needed.

Hi, Just checking, was it the BA15S bulbs in your Ebay link that are the correct ones ?

Thanks

On 03/02/2023 at 09:48, WaveyDavey said:

Do these better LED bulbs require coding or flag up any bulb warnings? or do they just work OK when installed?

Certainly on my FL car the reversing lights aren't monitored for bulb failure (as I guess they aren't a safety requirement) so you can basically use any bulb that fits the holder (or even no bulb) and still not cause a build failure warning

Hi everyone, since I posted this question I have not yet done anything about it. But one of the suggestions was to use the rear fogs at the same time if no one is behind you, that was by toot.  Another answer came from MATT0693 stating that he had upgraded the bulbs on his OCTAVIA,  but I find there is nothing wrong with the  reversing lights on my Sons OCTAVIA!  If the lights on my SUPERB were as good as the ones on the OCTAVIA's I would never have posed the question. As most Superb owners will agree the reversing lights are useless, they only let anyone behind you know that you are about to reverse.  Regards to all. D4KGP. 

• 1 month later...

Personally, I've found the only really decent bulbs are the PIAA extreme white ones, not led so no error codes, but at £35 a pair they're expensive. Fitted them to my estate and they look like LEDs and give off a decent light.