Software Update available for Bolero?

Moffen

Hi,

I have a skoda slavia 2023 model. I have issues connecting with s23 through android auto.

My current company installed version is 1793, which version should I update it to?

20240428_174638.jpg

20240428_174647.jpg

On 28/04/2024 at 19:29, saurav said:

Hi,

I have a skoda slavia 2023 model. I have issues connecting with s23 through android auto.

My current company installed version is 1793, which version should I update it to?

20240428_174638.jpg

20240428_174647.jpg

Update from 1793 to 1798 first. Then update to 1800 and everything will be okay. Android Auto will work with the S23 Ultra just fine with 1800.

@varooom

dear varooom i saw you know very well about bolero firmware updates. my car is a skoda kamiq of 2022 with MEN3_EU_SK370_P1185L, MU 1760. Can you tell me where to find the latest firmware? send me a private message in my inbox cause you can't receive messages (i tried some times before posting here). thanks in advance and sorry if i bother you!!!

@andreiro221thank you so much. Only a few details to ask. From 1760 do i have to update first to 1790 and then to 1800 or i can update directly to 1800? i also saw in some other sites that update procedure can cause some faults that you erase with obd tools. Is that true? Because i dont want to mesh with faults and obd tools. Thanks in advance!!!

Assuming that 0469 version is currently installed is update path:

0469 -> 0741+0742 -> 1800

allowed or some of 17xx has to be there before 1800 can be installed?

Additional question - I have heard that 1800 looks to be compatible also with Scala/Kamiq MY2019/2020, is that true?

On 09/05/2024 at 20:18, apmicha said:

@andreiro221thank you so much. Only a few details to ask. From 1760 do i have to update first to 1790 and then to 1800 or i can update directly to 1800? i also saw in some other sites that update procedure can cause some faults that you erase with obd tools. Is that true? Because i dont want to mesh with faults and obd tools. Thanks in advance!!!

you go direct to 1800

On 10/05/2024 at 10:39, Misieq said:

Assuming that 0469 version is currently installed is update path:

0469 -> 0741+0742 -> 1800

allowed or some of 17xx has to be there before 1800 can be installed?

Additional question - I have heard that 1800 looks to be compatible also with Scala/Kamiq MY2019/2020, is that true?

no, if you have 469, 742, there is no OFFICIAL update to 17xx/1800

only at your own risk

@varooom @Rainesh  maybe you can help me

i tried to update my system from version 0741 to 0742 , but the car battery died during the update

now the system doesn't work good , with a lot of restart and i can start the update again as it always reboot

i also get the following (pic)  error displayed ( not all the time )

any suggestions how to upgrade to working system

thanks

IMG_2147.jpg

10 hours ago, mk1610 said:

@varooom @Rainesh  maybe you can help me

i tried to update my system from version 0741 to 0742 , but the car battery died during the update

now the system doesn't work good , with a lot of restart and i can start the update again as it always reboot

i also get the following (pic)  error displayed ( not all the time )

any suggestions how to upgrade to working system

thanks

IMG_2147.jpg

Update to newer version and do it with running engine

12 minutes ago, Rainesh said:

Update to newer version and do it with running engine

first , thank you for helping

the main issue , is that i can't start a new update , as it boot loop when i enter the update menu and choose the update ( it boot loop every few min regardless )

is there a way to force update , or update as BRIK device ?

i said it many times... KEEP ENGINE RUNING OR A CHARGER CONNECTED... but nobody listen....

you must try to flash with 0469 as it is a full flash. 0741 is a partial flash.

1 hour ago, andreiro221 said:

i said it many times... KEEP ENGINE RUNING OR A CHARGER CONNECTED... but nobody listen....

you must try to flash with 0469 as it is a full flash. 0741 is a partial flash.

can you provide 0469 version files ?

BTW , 0741 was the version the official service center installed on my unit 1 year ago after service ( back them i wasn't aware of this wonderful forum ) 

New Scala owner and not that switched on to software updating. I want to connect to Android auto but won't work. Reading on here looks like I need a software update? Can someone send me the specific steps to follow to undertake this process. Hopefully not too complicated! See pic for c

Spoiler

urrent version

20240527_082951.jpg

1 hour ago, andreiro221 said:

what phone do you have? 

why it does not work ?

Samsung S23 which is not included on Skoda's approved list of compatible phones but S23 + is. Seems bizarre !

I have been told that trying to do this myself can be tricky and mess up the infotainment system? 

Posted (edited)

only if the battery dies.

Always connect a battery charger or keep engine running, ignition must be ON, And don.t play with buttons or diagnosis. Don.t touch anything after starting update

Edited by andreiro221

I am currently on 1790 version. But when I am trying to update to 1800 its stuck at confirmation screen. When I press confirm nothing happens. Do I need to update first to 1798 ?

IMG_0576.png

Posted (edited)

do you all update software on-air or how do you do it?

from when new (11/2023) my car is on 1790 software and I didnt get on infotainment notification about the update to perform it by myself via infotainment

on my previos car (tiguan my 2022) I did get notifications about the update via air and I have done it twice, but on Scala there is no update on my infotainment

maybe that is why I randomly get "component protection active" message on infotainment (once a week)

Edited by medley

Hey there. I see this topic is quite active. I have a coworker with an s23 phone, her radio firmware is 1310, is there a way to update to 1800 as I've heard 1800 has solved the s23 issue. Thank in advance! 

I have no idea but if someone can tell me how to update my software easily and safely then please let me and others know