Skoda release first glimpse of Superb mk4

Skoda Storyboard carrying first glimpse of of Superb mk4

premiere later in 2023

will be built in VW plant in Bratislava, Slovakia

Maybe the mods can move this later to mk4 section when it is created

https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/skoda-world/first-taster-a-glimpse-of-the-superb-and-kodiaq/

Edited by SurreyJohn
  • Like 1

I´m convinced they will be 2 excellent cars.
But how much will be the price increase from 3rd to 4th generation for the Superb? 🤔

I bought my TDI190 DSG6 4x4 estate in L&K version in late 2017. The catalog price was ~€51000 (with some options). I´ve down exactly same configuration (except TDI190 DSG6 has become TDI200 DSG7) on the Skoda french website. The catalog price has jumped to €64000! +25% in only 5 years. Covid and Ukrenian war are easy excuse… 🙄
I wish my earnings had grown the same way in the same time.

• Like 1

I've occasionally priced up the closest spec to my 2016 L&K for fun and it's a similarly crazy increase. You can't even get the tv tuner any more (it came as standard on mine) - how do people cope with their pauper spec L&Ks? 😁

Look at the background photo of this. I believe that is without doubt the new Superb estate 

I also believe the white estate beside it is also the new Passat estate. 

https___www.carscoops.com_wp-content_uploads_2023_05_2024-Audi-S5-Avant-1-1024x683.jpg

Edited by SkodaCB
  • Like 3

The aerodynamics needed to improve to match or better the Octavia MK4.

Hopefully the Superb MK4 2.0TDI 200HP 2WD will crack 250km/h (155mph), just like the Octavia MK4 version.

Edited by Carlston

18 hours ago, Bingodalton said:

"Superb" looks shorter than Passat. Strange.

I think he is talking about the far left silver car, not the black one in the front. 

• 1 month later...

The profile of the new Superb is rather strange, looks to have a very short boot.  Better photos on this link

If that is a hatchback, going to have very deep rear parcel shelf.  I can't see what advantage that has over just making them all as estates (not that modern curvy back estates are great for being able to swallow bulky items

https://uk.motor1.com/news/670055/2024-skoda-superb-liftback-estate-prototypes-spied/

Is that me, or the hatch version looks even longer than the Mk3 one?

The Estate versions finally gets the same roof bars as Passat or Audi A6. Great!