Front end creaking.

Gradually getting worse, noticeable at low speed over bumpy roads and especially a harsher speed bump. 

Seems to come from both sides. 

Is this the front LCA's do we think?

It's a very crunchy creak. 

Cheers. 

I think the consensus for creaking when going over speed bumps seems to be anti roll bar bushes but with the occasional other culprit now and again too.

Do you get a severe creak when coming to a stop in slow moving traffic or when moving off..? 

• 1 month later...

Sorry for bumping this old thread up.

So I have been listening out when I does and doesn't creak. 

It's very minimal if there at all when coming to a stop but it is extremely apparent over slow speed bumps like speed bumps and heavy undulations in bad roads. I cant hear at faster speeds as there is too much road and wind noise to really tell. 

it will do this wether it is one or two wheels on a speedbump too. 

it also seems to be reeeeaaaly wallowy over bumps. Like the rebound control is shot too and I'm just bouncing on springs. 

All this as I'm trying to repair a new to me "Full fat" L322 range rover 🤣

I cured low speed creaking noise with new suspension top mounts.  I also found the suspension was to wallowy and the front shocks at 35k misting (although a week later one was leaking)

In the end I lowered it slightly and fitted blistein shocks (so it technically the B12 set up) the front drop links also appear to be made of cheese and are not even solid so these were replaced also.

All in all the creaking has gone and it rides much better, however even the new top mounts appear to be a feeble design being part plastic.

Edited by Zymurgy
  • Like 1

Thanks, I'll take a look at pricing those things up and try and do the lot at once. 

Hopefully someone can answer this next bit, are the TTRS top mounts that much better at all? I've seen bits and pieces about using them but unsure if they're really needed for a family barge. 

Is there anything else I should do while I'm doing top mounts? Any little remedial things I can do while things are out of the way?

Not shy of a spanner and have done a lot of suspension swaps on my MGZS so hopefully will all go well!

I reckon I'm gonna be spending a fair bit of cash on this thing soon. 

Poor RR will have to wait 🤣

I have a creak when I go over speed bumps and undulating road at slow speeds. But weirdly only seems to happen mostly when a slight tough of the brakes are applied. Does this ring bells with anyone? Anyone got an idea what this could be please? 

https://youtube.com/shorts/ik65OOXfevE?si=Fzux7l0XvBU9TOpG

My creaking was eliminated by spraying white Lithium grease onto the anti roll bar bushings (accessed from under the car behind each wheel arch). It lasts a while but needs redoing from the creak returns.

On 08/01/2024 at 10:27, Steviedakota said:

My creaking was eliminated by spraying white Lithium grease onto the anti roll bar bushings (accessed from under the car behind each wheel arch). It lasts a while but needs redoing from the creak returns.

Same for me. It seems to be the process described in service bulletin applied by official dealers. 

This is my creaking. Handily my work carpark has loads of speedbumps perfect for catching the creak. 

It creaks with every bounce as it settles after the bump. 

I'll try a bit of L-grease. 

Mine makes the same noises when it's been dry for a while, always took it as a "they all do that sir" based on comments on here and never really looked into it.  In 60k miles it's not worsened either.

42 minutes ago, MrRich said:

Mine makes the same noises when it's been dry for a while, always took it as a "they all do that sir" based on comments on here and never really looked into it.  In 60k miles it's not worsened either.

This is kinda a whole rear round thing. Wet or dry.

I guess I'll try the grease and then I'll try other things being replaced.

Try spraying the anti roll bar bushes with silicone spray and test car. If still there, spray the bushes in the lower arms and test again. Should help narrow down which bush is causing the creak. 

• 1 month later...
On 09/01/2024 at 16:15, Calskil said:

This is my creaking. Handily my work carpark has loads of speedbumps perfect for catching the creak. 

It creaks with every bounce as it settles after the bump. 

I'll try a bit of L-grease. 

This is coming from front control arms. This thing cracks: 
 image.thumb.png.fc51205bd5134b17e521ab298fcd10b9.png

Edited by candasm
  • Like 1

Has anyone got a copy of the service bulletin?

Mines done it for years (MY2018)  stops for a bit if i mention it on a dealer service.

I'm upto 130k now with no detrimental issues. But I'm servicing it myself now so could do with seeing where to lube.