DSG recall !!!

Seen a post on another site and the guy got a recall letter I checked gov website for recalls here’s the details 

looks like a lot of cars are affected 

IMG_7349.png

Edited by Andy585

This is a very common VW Group thing.

DVLA / DVSA 'Safety Recalls'  without VW Group / Skoda UK moving their butt to tell Registered Keepers, then when they do no rush to get vehicles in or checked and they will even have ones at Main Dealers in Trade and getting sold but with outstanding Recalls, Service Campaigns, Workshop Actions.

Then there are the Recalls that unless your car gets Main Dealership Servicing they are not a REcall, just a Service Action.

But the DVLA / DVSA / DfT let VW Group act this way. 

On 10/02/2024 at 12:44, TheWanderer said:

Just checked there's a recall on mine, but not officially been advised as yet 

Check the DVLA site 

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, golf2 said:

Is the heat mat recall a sit and wait job?

Yes, though if it needs adjusting they need to wait for the engine cool so can be 2 hours.  Mine was in this morning and the heat mat was fine so I was only there about 15 minutes.

1 minute ago, Neily03 said:

Yes, though if it needs adjusting they need to wait for the engine cool so can be 2 hours.  Mine was in this morning and the heat mat was fine so I was only there about 15 minutes.

Thanks! That's very useful to know.

Yep. It's a relatively quick job, so take your mobile and tablet, have a few coffees etc on the dealer. I was there about an hour or so, also had the engine cover fitted too. 

• Like 2

I had this done under the Australian recall. If I hadn't been in for a software update they would have done it in the driveway outside reception.

According to ERWIN, my new ride is a May 2022 producton unit. So far not impacted by the DSG recall, but has the engine compartment and heat protection mat recalls.

Probably addressed during the time it sat idle in the warehouse but i'll remind the Service Centre when i pick it up this weekend.

5 minutes ago, Rooted said:

@EldridChapmanThe Mat Recall were it applies is on those with a DSG.   

What other DSG recall is there? 

Ah I see. So the OP was actually referring to the heat mat.. the screenshot sounded so scary so I thought it was something more serious.

Im not aware of any other recalls and I certainly hope there wont be anymore :)