MFD2 is IN...............

I am a little concerned about mine at the moment. If I have it on MAP as I drive along I very rarely get a complete picture. I sometimes occaisionally get the screen you get with the "Please observe RTR" message when you have just inserted a disk. I can also hear loads of disk activity.

I am hoping the disk is a bit sick as it doesn't look to be in the best condition so I will try it after I have made a "backup". I am also thinking that my aerial position may be contributing to this. I shall spend some time on it over the weekend.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Let us know how you get on, Hedge.

I got the "Please observe RTR" the other day, but it was the first time that I started the car when in map mode, so it may be just a standard boot message. Not had any issues of incomplete maps :/

Your aerial is on the dash, isn't it?

Re the Please observe the RTR message this appears every time I start my car in map mode. It is just VAG covering their backs as the friver is not supposed to dial in a route while moving (not that anyone would do this)

Re the Please observe the RTR message this appears every time I start my car in map mode. It is just VAG covering their backs as the friver is not supposed to dial in a route while moving (not that anyone would do this)

The message appears without provocation sometimes whilst driving.

It is possible to enter a destination while driving (Not that anyone would of course). ;) Your passenger could as you would be concentrating on the road. :rolleyes:

Hmmm... While Hedge is thinking about putting his aerial where mine is mounted, I might try a Hedge-mount. I had total signal loss for my entire journey to the dealer today and the map got very out of sync. Wierdly, as soon as I pulled in the car park, I got my signal back.

Plus side, got an Alfa 159 2.2 Lusso as a courtesy car... :D

Too late i'm afraid. Moved mine during lunch. Strangely enough going home last night it was good as gold.:confused:

If you are sure then I will swap the dual zone climate thingy on the top of the dash as I have filed a small hole in the passenger side to let the cable out.

PM me as I work in Reading.

HELP !!!!!

I have installed my MFD2 as per VRStu's directions on his website, I reconnected negative battery lead, powered up the MFD2 and entered code (MFD2 powered up OK and seems to be running but not done a full check) but the tyre pressure, electromechanical power steering and and ESP light stay on when the engine is running the ESP button also stays alight and will not switch off when I press it.

Obviously now very concerned hope I haven't messed the electrics. Any guidance greatly appreciated.

Maybe a result of disconnecting the battery ?

Try connecting your old headunit back and see if this clears the problem?

If nothing else you should be able to reconnect the original headunit, if the problem still persists visit the dealer.

You may have generated some fault codes, I would get those cleared and then the lights should go out, especially if everything is working as it should be. Steering for example.

Have you driven the car yet?. If you hav'nt, take it round the block and they should clear if not you will need your friendly Vagcom expert ;)

I've PM'd you back with pretty much the same response. I've not seen it with fitting an MFD normally when I do a cruise. Drive the car in a straight line for a few metres and all should be well.

Glad you're sorted now, ikkhan :)

Next question...

Anyone know whether there's a particular brand of aerial that is a) compatible with MFD2 and B) nice and sensitive? The clever electronics that keep the nav on the straight and narrow upon loss of signal have been doing a brilliant job - and I didn't realise how much until I started monitoring the reception. Today I had the aerial outside of the dash and even when directly under the windscreen the signal was intermittent. When on the roof it was solid, but I'm not putting it there. I can't believe that aftermarket items get such a sporadic signal?

Sounds like you've got a dodgy sensor to me, get them occasionaly, we use 100's in the taxi's and there's always a few dodgy ones that dont work as well.

Unless you've got a photochromic windscreen (or whatever they call them) such as fitted to Peugeots, as the sensors cant get a signal through them and have to be mounted at the rear.

Pm Superted he knows all about them. He explained to me that the ones that come with these kits have a magnetic base and can be somewhat reliant on a large area of metal such as a roof to help with the signal.

Pm Superted he knows all about them. He explained to me that the ones that come with these kits have a magnetic base and can be somewhat reliant on a large area of metal such as a roof to help with the signal.

Cheers - will do :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have acquired a 2006 TMC DX disc from a friend but the MFD states its not compatible once its done the firmware update then loaded up the disc. Its not an original but before we go into the piracy blah blah blah route I am trying to find out what disc the skoda actually uses before I order a 2007 disc from a non skoda source (just around the corner according to a trade contact I have) Can somebody shed some light on this please? Is it a non DX disc I need, is it the TMC or is the disc I got simply a coaster?

If you have an MFD2 then it has TMC.

TMC is an additional traffic managment system, you don't need it but you can have it. You want a Blaupunkt/Teleatlas 2006/2007 DX Disk.

This is a scan of the cover of the one I have here -

12061.attach