New Model Fabia - finally some official photos!

rsbspt

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found the dimensiosn for the new car :

3992mm x 1642mm x 1498 mm

I think this makes it a little longer, a little taller and also a little narrower - which is sort of the reverse of most new cars as they seem to be getting much wider !! This is useful if you plan on keeping it in a garage and still be able to get out of the doors. Infact I think the new car length is about the same as the current vRS ?? So I suppose they could make this longer again if more aggressive bumpers are applied

There's a good video on Youtube that shows off it's styling and interior:

I really like it!

thanks for posting that....

on the skoda website the font for the 'fabia' looked like it was in 'italic' that I never liked, yet on that video the font does not look Italic, and I think it looks better. Maybe it is an optical illussion from the angle the photo was taken, or maybe they changed it....

13030.attach

13031.attach

Hahah, I doubt he's put off the entire car because of the italic lettering; I'd presume it's just a detail that's he's just not as keen as! :) If you also look closely, the photo from the Skoda site doesn't have a dot on the top of the i! Ooooh...

Hahah, I doubt he's put off the entire car because of the italic lettering; I'd presume it's just a detail that's he's just not as keen as! :) If you also look closely, the photo from the Skoda site doesn't have a dot on the top of the i! Ooooh...

no dot on the 'i' :eek: that would make it look like 'FABLA'! yeah, the italics aint that bad, i just did not like it at first. guess it will grow on me.... wonder if newer Octavias will also get the same blocky font?...

this is taken today is a Swedish newspaper; they have a car section every Saturday. The headline translated is "A Czech 'dogbox' for women". Pretty offensive if you ask me. I am going to write to the guy that made the article.

May I add that EVERYWEEK, the first page of the car supplement is dominated by Volvos and, occassionally, Saabs. Swedes still are buying these, and they are far the most popular [overpriced?] cars in this country. Everywhere I drive, I can count the cars pass by... volvo, volvo, volvo, saab, saab, volvo, ford, volvo etc etc etc. I do not think this headline is very positive, yet, in the tests, its overall score was 4 out of 5, same as Corsa, Peugeot 207, Clio and Yaris. No car in the comparison got 5 out of 5 (but then, there was no Volvos in this comparison ;) )

13173.attach

this is taken today is a Swedish newspaper; they have a car section every Saturday. The headline translated is "A Czech 'dogbox' for women". Pretty offensive if you ask me.

Offensive to women as well, I suspect!

• 2 weeks later...

It looks good, i admit, not as good as the current model, i love the chunky looks. Looks good from any view apart from that straight on frontal view, just reminds me of a van, could use the slope of that bonnet to ski on! But i think the Vrs is where it will get interesting, theres plenty of scope for a seriously good looking car there, lower, good front valance and a vast improvement will be made, reduce those headlights and voila!