The latest VCDS Release is 23.11.0 and VCDS-Lite 1.2

DGW

You're mixing things up a bit. :) There is a release date for a specific version and there is a data version which goes with each release. Mostly we update both but occasionally you'll see a new data version but no bump in the version number. While a release brings new features, general bug fixes and added models, an updated data version provides newer control module documentation among other things. In this case the data version was finished and "ready to release" a couple of days earlier than the actual release which got a last minute polish for some weird thing happening with US models, so we held the actual Release until that was sorted but building a newer data version at that point wasn't feasible.

Everything clear as mud now?! :rofl:

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Interestingly though when I open VCDS it prompts me “software out of date” (11.11.5),

if i try to update the software it tells me “No update is available at this time”, the link on the Ross-Tech site (11.11.6 above) takes me to the older 11.11.5 download.

If I view the link on my Mac it takes me to the new 11.11.6 download :wonder:

Now downloaded successfully. :thumbup:

Edited by Gizmo68

I downloaded what I thought was the latest version two days ago, ran a scan on the Octavia several times, and for some reason it came up with an error message at different stages of the scan, and wouldn't go any further

That's the first time I've run it on Windows 8, but never had a problem with previous versions

I was going to ask if any of you use the Beta's ??

Only if I am hooking up to a car newer than the last release, otherwise I tend to use the 11.??.?

From our POV we do consider the Beta to be the better choice in multiple ways - not just based on the release date vs. the build date. For example, the most recent update fixed a bug which applies to a lot of control modules after 2010 but backporting that fix to the release simply isn't an option. In addition the Beta comes with an updated data version (label files etc.) so you may get more/updated information even for very old models. Essentially what this boils down to, run the Beta as your standard and if anything goes wrong switch to the Release and let us know what happened so we can fix it. ;) The rule of thumb is - the more feedback we get, the shorter the beta cycle lasts.

• Like 2

Thanks for putting forward your approach to Beta releases as that really helps.

To date, I've been reluctant to use them as I didn't honestly know what standard they were upto, and what risks I'd be taking.

But I'll load up the latest Beta release now :thumbup:

As far as risks go, we do consider our Beta versions to be pretty stable. The worst cases we had happen is that we broke something "older" which then meant you couldn't perform a certain function which you used to. That would be a typical case where going back to the Release version would have given you a proper workaround for the problem. I can't remember any incidents where we broke something on the vehicle side of things. Obviously, before we publish any updates (Beta or not) we do as much internal testing as possible, yet reality is that you can't test for all possible cases - thats what the public Beta test is for. :)

Enough said, thanks for your help! :clap:

• Like 1

I've never used the beta, simply as I have never ever had an issue with the latest releases of VCDS. I guess I don't use it a massive amount, but it has never failed to connect or do what I needed it to (unless it was the car causing the issue)

• 8 months later...

I suppose (because I tested) that new VCDS versions change is cessation of work china VAG COM duplicates (they sold for about $30). Mine work well with 12.12.0, but not working with newer versions (fault - Interface not found).

I suppose (because I tested) that new VCDS versions change is cessation of work china VAG COM duplicates (they sold for about $30). Mine work well with 12.12.0, but not working with newer versions (fault - Interface not found).

That’s nothing new, RT are always finding ways of blocking the hackers software from updating, they have being doing this for a long time.

Why should RT let you use their latest software for free when you do not support THEM?

The real reason for the upgrade is:

Beta 14.2  includes the following and improvements:

• Revised and expanded ODX/ASAM Data.

Includes support for latest modules in the most recent cars. 

• Support for HEX-NET interfaces.  

Both via USB and wirelessly, via WiFi. 

• Like 2

Yep the new Hex-Net stuff looks very cool!

+1

The only slight disappointment is you need cloud access for coding changes... this won’t be an issue 99%of the time but there is always the odd place when I have no wifi or 3G access.