VRS production stopped!!!

Called skoda to order a company car the other day and the official word is they have stopped taking orders and there is no new VRS in the pipeline!!! They only have what has already been built left to sell. My 6 month old fully speced bad boy isnt looking so bad now!!!

It's been stopped for a long time and the subject of quite a few threads on here.

Yup, since the start of the year or there about.

No new vRS............ In the imortal words of Jim Royle........MY AR$E!!!!

take no notice, there will be one next year.

It is likely Skoda will release a vRS variant of the Fabia, but it won't be for a good 18 months I reckon.

Production ceased after the run of the 1000 limited edition ones. :)

So assuming the blue limited edition ones all sell out fairly quickly, and accepting that the vRS version of the new Fabia is still the best part of a year away, has anyone any thoughts on what Skoda will do?

Will they accept losing out on perhaps 6 - 9 months worth of sales?

Or will the new Fabia vRS be ready sooner?

Or will there be a 2nd limited edition that is different in some way?

I'd rather they got the MkII vRS right, rather than getting it out soon.

I'd also prefer they didn't dilute the "Special"-ness of my SE by bringing out a different SE.

When Ford brought out the newest version of the Focus, how long was it until the ST version was ready ? Had they stopped making the previous ST version a long time before that. ?

My dealer says that secondhand Vrs prices are soaring now. Supply and Demand apparently.

No supply (for at least a year)

Same demand.

Has Skoda shot itself in the foot?

I doubt they have shot themselves in the foot. By delaying the launch of the vRSII they keep the value and sales of the current vRS high in the used market, get the base models out in circualtion and then have you lot anticipating the launch of the new one.

As for people saying they dont like the shape, its too high etc etc. The same was said about the Octavia II when it was first launched, no look how many members have them.

The flip side of that is anyone who wishes to get an example of the MK1 vRS should hang on untill the Mk2 is out , when used prices of the old car should take a hit.

The flip side of that is anyone who wishes to get an example of the MK1 vRS should hang on untill the Mk2 is out , when used prices of the old car should take a hit.

I can't wait that long :drool:

Good news then if a new vRS is rumoured to be out in circa 18 months - just when I should be looking at getting the current vRS so prices should drop a little?

My thoughts exactly! I was drooling over a Corrida Red one a few weeks ago , parked up in Grosmont , North Yorks , it just made me more determined to own one!