NO vRS FABIA FOR 2008 !!

Don't know if anyone else has heard, but the dealers all got confirmation yesterday that there WILL NOT be a Mk2 Fabia vRS at least until after 2008 - due to technical issues..............What a short sighted effort from Skoda - Just as Skoda sales have been gathering momentum over the last couple of years and bucking many sales trends, they've not capitalised on the success of the Mk1 vRS and given us and customers something to get really excited about :thumbdwn:

Yes a couple of our dealer employed members have dished the bad news already.

Not a good move in my opinion and to be honest cannot be too difficult to overcome a 'technical issue'

Don't know if anyone else has heard, but the dealers all got confirmation yesterday that there WILL NOT be a Mk2 Fabia vRS at least until after 2008 - due to technical issues..............What a short sighted effort from Skoda - Just as Skoda sales have been gathering momentum over the last couple of years and bucking many sales trends, they've not capitalised on the success of the Mk1 vRS and given us and customers something to get really excited about :thumbdwn:

When were they bothered about customers anyway?

We are in 2008 MY already so perhaps we will see it in the 2009 MY, which I think means September at the dealers.

I am hoping that anyway because the 1.4 TDI 3 I have is barely more economical than our 2.0 TDI Passat!

If they put the 2.0 TDI in the Fabia it will be an awesome car.

Whats the big deal? How many years did it take before the vRS was relaesed after the normal versions? ...Erm, 3 years from launch.

Maybe skoda are aware of the short comings of the mk1 vRS and want to make the mk2 the car the mk1 wasnt.

Id rather be patient and wait for a better product than something rushed.

...Good things come to those who wait

...Good things come to those who wait

I've waited and I want to see it!!! :D

The Mk1 did have a few minor niggles... and would it be too much to hope that Skoda give us a car that doesn't have a heavy nose, tail happy end and handles like something other than a bus? :rolleyes:

I'm going to be naive and hope so :thumbup:

Well the front of the new fabia is identical to the roomster anyway - ugly as sin :(

nooo there not ugly!!! i like em:) and yeah the combi is being released in jan/feb the vrs will be released laster on but the dealer told me he was informed it wont be this year.... hmm gives me time to save and get more no claims:)

As this seems to be the consensus regarding the vRS, I have taken the decision to keep her for another year and wait.....and wait.... afterall, she only has 56,000 on the clock which isn't much for a Diesel.

To be honest, I'd rather wait and get a better car at the end than a rushed heap now!!!!

I was tempted to go back to a Focus, but I think I'll keep my hard earned and go down the pub instead!!

So for the time being, I'm staying with Skoda!!

Skoda sometimes seems to fall way behind the field.

Yeti should have been up and running yonks ago.As to the Fabia vRS II we will all have probably been forced to drive milk floats by the goverment by the time they 'unleash' it

Should still help second hand prices of the old one though for the moment

agreed, why haven't the technical issues been adressed, and the product about to be made...

I have a grande punto sporting, the grande punto is a "new" model, and the sporting was available almost from the beginning, and before the jokes start, I have NO technical issues with it, If fiat can do it, why cant skoda?!

fact is, they are loosing customers, me for one.

Are they figuring out how to fit pop out wheels for when the mk2's land on their roof??? :rofl:

Serious note tho, I've heard something about the mk2 being easier to flip than the mk1! And so skoda are looking into addressing the issue before pumping out a model which drivers will almost certainly flip :eek:

Are they figuring out how to fit pop out wheels for when the mk2's land on their roof??? :rofl:

Serious note tho, I've heard something about the mk2 being easier to flip than the mk1! And so skoda are looking into addressing the issue before pumping out a model which drivers will almost certainly flip :eek:

i drive mine round bends quite fast, mine slides more than it feels like it would flip! isnt it REALLY hard to flip a car anyway?:rolleyes:

Cant see what technical issues there are if they are using an off the shelf VW engine, unless they are looking at the 138BHP common rail, the one that is going in the VW Tigan, and there is an issue with the new engine.

I might be joining Steve ( sharkrider ) as a GP owner next year, unless Skoda announce a VRS Fabia release date before Sept.

I have a friend who designs fuel injection pumps etc for cars and they have just got the contract for the VW common rail systems and it's not Bosch either.... so there will be common rail next year on the majority of the engines as the PD is going for a burton due to the next emissions laws, but he did say that it was a fantastic engine!!!!

They may be waiting for the new technology to come online as the car will last a few years and they don't want to have to change engines half way through the lifespan.

Ben

After speaking with a sales manager today, he informed me the same information as you all have, and have said the technical issue, is that they are having problems fitting the engine that they wanted into the car.

So what engines wont fit.

If we are lucky, they could be thinking of the V10 TDi. That would be a nice 350BHP and about 500 ft Lb of torque straight away, and that is without Jason Playing.

But seriously, my best mate starts as Head of Sales, for Robert Erdley in Crewe next week, so as soon as he hears something, then I shoudl know.

Chris

At the release evening of the new fabia, one of the technicians told me skoda were having issues fitting the engine they wanted in the fabia for the new VRS, i instantly thought of the twin charge engine (supercharged and turbo) engine from VW's line up,

Are Skoda going petrol with the new VRS ?? hope not, maybe diesel and petrol options like the new octy VRS.

just my 2p's worth.

tey are dropping the supercharged engine for the entire vag range cos it is crap,well thats what i heard anyway

On the contrary I think they are just about to put it in the Passat and the new Superb in 120BHP form. I don't know but I wouldn't have thought it was that big?

Maybe the engine they are having trouble fitting is the 2.0 TDI?

Or maybe thats all bull**** and it's VW politics not letting them have the engine they want before VW have in the Polo themselves?