15th December 2002 (Northern Area) Xmas meet?

ColinD

• Administrators

Well should I or should I keep quiet...dum de dum dum...

naaaa

Duncan, shame you missing out, I understand your reasons. I'm all for a few meets around the country every other month or so, but not so often as to dull the experince.

It is great meeting Ian and Huck each week or every otehr week along with a few others to have a drive, chill and of course chat about life.

Speak to you all on sunday and Duncan, it will be raining anyway :)

...oh go on then, was born in Scotland and very proud of it, although sadly I was forced out and enslaved in England, but my soul is 300 miles north of my body.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry lads, I'm going to have to pull out.. My Octy is down to about 2mm on it's brake pads and the airbag light has become a permanent addition to the dashboard lighting - so it's into the dealer on sunday morning..

How about a southern meet in the new year?

Have a top day out guys!

Lem,

I also can't make it on 15th and have been trying to organise a Southern meet. When I tried to do this last, See Southern Meet topic, there were just going to be two of us!

I suggested A24 on Surrey / Sussex border could make first Sunday after New Year? Any takers?

Chris

Sorry lads, I'm going to have to pull out.. My Octy is down to about 2mm on it's brake pads and the airbag light has become a permanent addition to the dashboard lighting - so it's into the dealer on sunday morning..

How about a southern meet in the new year?

Have a top day out guys![/quote:31b7a37b0e]

Just checking to see if anything needs moderating... 1208 views and only 138 members? Poor memories, chaps, or are we looking at a traffic jam in the making?

Sorry I can't be there. :(

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Sorry guys I can't make it now.

Believe it or not I'm having to go to Nashville, TN for the next three months to work.

I was hoping the flight would end up being monday as this would allow me to say bye-bye to my RS in a bit of style.

However I'm flying from Edinburgh (on the first leg of my 3 flight journey) at 6:30 am on sunday.

And after me waxing it too...

Pity me as I have to drive a Plymouth Neon hire-car for the next three months :x

And if anyone sees that ungrateful "Oh, but it's a skoda. I like my 6 year old Polo. Does it have to have Optimax in it?" brother-in-law of mine posing in my RS over the next three months... give him a wave.

Everyone have fun now ya hear.

http://imageevent.com/freakcrab/octaviars?n=0

Have a good day tomorrow chaps.

I'm interested in a meet after 31/1/03!!!

My new motor is now officially 'in the country'. For that read 'muddy field just outside Grimsby'.

Freakcrab, personally I wouldn't trust my prospective brother-in-law as far as I could throw him. You must be very close. (Taufique, you know I don't mean it.)

Believe it or not I'm having to go to Nashville, TN for the next three months to work[/quote:c0df40fef9]

safe journey freakcrab and doubtless we will be able to all get together at some point next year, so see you then!

My new motor is now officially 'in the country'. For that read 'muddy field just outside Grimsby'.

[/quote:c0df40fef9]

better than at the bottom of the english channel! poor sods........

Today's tutorial with brother-in-law a 40 mile round trip to Peebles to buy a christmas tree.

"Okay, watch the brakes they're quite sensitive"

WHACK!

"Wow, you have AIRBAG printed on your forehead backwards"

Apart from that it was okay. By the end of the drive he was overtaking BMWs just to let them read the Skoda badge. A man after my own heart.

It's alot better to give him use of it, as my sister drives like Colin McRae in a VW Polo.

I hope everyone gets back home safe and sound - possibly the worst driving conditions I've yet experienced in my (v)RS going back over the A66... not nice.

I'm sure everyone will echo my opinion of today... smashing :D

I really enjoyed putting faces to names - even if some of the faces were a bit strange (mine included).

Highlight of the day for me was not smashing the **** out of my sump even though I felt a big bang as I came over that crest/cliff. :shock:

Commiserations to the two unlucky ones... but, hey, these things happen - you can't be "lucky" all the time :(

Finally, I'd like to thank the organisers of todays little get together; a job well done.

See you all next time :D

i echo mark's sentiments - great seeing everybody, very nice to meet you all.

ian: thanks for the effort you put into organising this. well done! :)

colin ( scottish colin ): sorry that we lost you somehow, was nice meeting you; hope to see you again soon and also hope you had a safe journey up.

des: cheers for the coil mate. nice one!

as for lucky,

BUT some of the time might help , time for a name change [/quote:6030a8f717]

lol! maybe our next poll?!! ;)

regards,

Yip great day out once again guys well worth the journey.

Off course you realise that anyone that wasn't there is now on tenderhooks wondering what exactly happened to Lucky and TaviaRS. Whos going to post it or should we wait for the confessions from the interested parties. :roll:

It's certainly got me sumped, I mean, stumped as to what happened. :?

The petrol station I pulled into was actually closed. I ended up in Kendal to get some fuel. (never go any mint cake unfortunatly)

I thought I could pick up the M6 to get back to the A59 but went north instead of south. (was wondering why the junction numbers wer going up and not down DOH) :oops: :oops:

All in a very good day, even though I missed the end of it.

I hope the two unlucky ones can get their cars sorted ok.

Colin.

also, of course, thanks goes to those who led the groups - can be a bit thankless at times and often makes it easier for the following pack. cheers.

finally, before i go to bed and get some much needed shut-eye, thanks to all of you for coming and making the day what it was!

can't wait to see those photos :D

Thanks to all that made the long journey to us, glad you enjoyed the roads. Hope you all had a safe (and uneventful) trip home.

Great to meet (deep breath) Garry, Peter, Des, Andre, Graham, Lisa, Colin, Rob, ummm Mrs Rob :) and Mark...

Always great to see the regulars, Colin, Huck, Jon, Brian and of course John & Val.

..a great bunch of surpisingly normal people ;), was great to see the looks on peoples faces as we passed, and can't wait to see some of the photo's, even if we were missing two :(

Hope you both made it home safely, and that all is well. From here on in you shall be known as Bo and Luke (collectively "the good 'ol boys") and only be allowed to enter your car via the window, anyone got some orange paint? ;)

Special thanks to Colin and Jon for leading groups, not an easy task, and thanks to those in my group, apologies if I held you up \ left you behind* at any point. (*delete as applicable ;))

So here's to the next one! :cheers:

Just like to reiterate everyone`s comments and thank Ian for a great day. It must of been time consuming driving round half the country side planning a route and the stops/pub/photo opp. Once again thanks very much. 8)

Thanks also to Huck & Colin for a great site, without who`s efforts none of this would have taken place.

Last but not least, thanks to all the lads that made it a memorable event and experienced a truly unique day.

Many thanks

Des

PS..... Some B*@!^$D has stolen my chicken :cry:

Dear all,

I would just like to say that I can categorically deny any involvement in the latest scandal to hit Briskoda.

I thought nothing could shock me after the sudden and crazy idea of the local council to install a speed hump at the top of a bank near Hawes :wink: , but now it seems that nothing is sacred :shock:

I will only ask this question once and hope the guilty party has enough decency to either come forward or return the object anonymously...

WHO HAS DELCAC'S CHICKEN???[/size:424c7509e9]

As an eye witness to the last known whereabouts of delcacs chicken I can assure the investigating officer that I last saw the victim with said chicken at the photoshoot location and he was impaling said chicken onto his roof mounted aerial. I was too far away and outwith earshot to comment on whether the chicken enjoyed this abuse or not.

If the chicken was not removed from the Aerial perhaps one of the vehicle owners who were following delcac could throw some light on its whereabouts.